Someone has MM3 at RPG.Net

Rechan

Adventurer
Monster Manual 3 - RPGnet Forums

Arcanian (Spell using undead?)
Ape (including smart, sword-using ape)
Apocalypse Spell
Behemoths (Spirehorn, Bone crown and Skinwing)
Beholder
Banderhobb - new critter, very "children's bedtime story", paragon tier
Cambions
Cave Fishers - Levels 4-5 - spawn (minions), anglers (classic cave fishers), spikers (artillery that shoot silk spikes and an entangling blast) and trained spikers (minion artillery bred and controlled by hobgoblins).

Catoblepas
Catastrophe Dragons (Blizzard, Earthquake and Volcanic)
Chitines
Cloakers
Craud - crawfishmen, low-heroic tier
Dark Ones
Demons
Derro
Drow and Draegloths
Devils, Temptation (Corruption, Passion, Rage, etc)
Dread Warrior
Elementals, Traditional (Air, Wind, etc)
Elemental Weirds
Frog
Forsaken
Foulspawn
Gargoyles
Ghasts
Giants - Fire, Hill and Frost
Girallions
Gnolls & Ghost Hyena
Gremlins
Hags
Howlers (elementals now)
Jackweres
Intellect Devourers and Ustilagators
Kuo-Toa
Kraken and Astral Kraken (Now linked to the Far Realms)
Lolth - 35 Solo Lurker, Eclavdra (Exarch) and Apropos.
Meenlocks
Meazles
Mimics
Minotaur
Nagpa
Nerra
Norkers
Nymphs
Ogres
Ogremoch, Prince of Elemental Earth - 34th level Solo Soldier
Imix, Prince of Elemental Fire - 32th level Solo Controller
Allabar, Opener of the the Way - 30th level Soldier (Planet Sized Far Realms baddy)
Mind Flayers - Inquisitor - 20 Controller, Scourge - 21 Skirmisher, Thoon Hulk - 22 Brute, Elder Brain - Elite 23 Controller

Oblivion Moss (Minions too)
Rotgrubs (That make zombies)
Scarecrows (from the Shadowfell)
Secret of Vecna
Shadows
Slaad
Skulk
PHB3 PC races have writeups
Spawn of Kyuss
Spellweavers
Spider
Star Spawn
Su Monsters
Tanarukk
Tri-Keen
Tulgar - low-epic tier ex-primal spirits turned mercenaries
Umber Hulk
Verbeeg (Feywild Giants)
Xivarts (old school xvarts; gnomes shaped by the Shadowfell)
Yaun-Ti
Yeti

Anyway, I gleaned the above fluff from the appropriate entries. I want to call out a point I haven't seen mentioned. There is a LOT of story here. MANY entries begin with a FULL PAGE of text giving lore and artwork. The encounter groups are gone, replaced by a single paragraph describing likely allies. The new stat block formats are awesome. I think WotC nailed it this time. The best part is that they've revisited some iconic monsters with the improved format: giants, gargoyles, ghouls, gnolls, minotaurs, ogres.

Last edited:

Drammattex

First Post
I'm beyond happy the op likes the art for the catoblepas and nymphs--to say they're both very special to me would be a massive understatement.

The whole nymph concept evolved like a dream; at one point in that evolution I realized they connected ideally with some photos I'd taken the previous year, and this inspired the concept even moreso. Here are a few of them.

Shroomy

Adventurer
MM3 is readily available in the US at WotC premier game stores since today is 10 days before the official release date. I looked at it two hours ago and it looks awesome (I almost bought it right there, but my wife wouldn't like me spending more money if I could get it from; I had to content myself with the new tile set and the tiefling book).

Harlekin

First Post
It's the place where those from Japan go. :p

Although Jack99 or others here sometimes get the New stuff and have a thread dedicated to it. Just haven't recently.

This time the spoilers there are Americans. I think it has to do with other things.

Rechan

Adventurer
MM3 is readily available in the US at WotC premier game stores since today is 10 days before the official release date. I looked at it two hours ago and it looks awesome (I almost bought it right there, but my wife wouldn't like me spending more money if I could get it from; I had to content myself with the new tile set and the tiefling book).
How could you pick the tiefling book and some sort of TILES over the MM3?!

... Unless you're a player and not a DM.

I want to know if there are any plants. The only way this MM could be better is if there were (included some Yellow Musk Creepers) and any sort of mold/fungal monsters.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
Yeah, I picked up my copies of Monster Manual 3 and Deserts of Athas at D&D Encounters on Wednesday. I thought all stores running Encounters got this stuff early. They are allowed to sell them early, right?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases