Someone has MM3 at RPG.Net

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Well, there are 4 types of Gremlins:

Gremlin Deciever (lvl. 5 controller)
Gr. Skulker (lvl. 7 lurker)
Gr. Conniver (Lvl. 17 controller)
Gr. Prankster (lvl, 17 minion controller)

There "racial" abilities are an aura that gives all enemies a hefty penalty to skill checks and the ability to swap places with an adjacent enemy who misses it with a melee attack.

The Deciever and Conniver have charm powers, while the skulker has a very potent stealth ability, at least until the PCs figure out how it works.

Fluff wise, they like to cause mischief which is blamed on others. Deciever steals stuff, and then plants it on others. The Skulker is essentially a serial killer. The Conniver works by miscommunication, getting others to mistrust and war with each other.

Scribble

First Post
I don't have (and haven't actually seen) the book yet, but someone told me some of the stat blocks are blue?

Is this true? And if so is any reason given?

Drammattex

First Post
I don't have (and haven't actually seen) the book yet, but someone told me some of the stat blocks are blue?

Is this true? And if so is any reason given?

They are green.

Object mimics are level 8 ;)

It's possible whoever told you they were blue was looking at a mimic imitating the book. You should be very careful around this person. It may be an impersonator mimic. In fact, I'm certain of it.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Greg Bilsland goes into more detail on is blog More on Monsters « In the Eye of the Beholder

It's neat to see who worked on what and that the MM3 is supposed to have more detail about the default world. I really like that it'll have a lot of classic monsters and that Greg went back to Dragon 54 for the Su Monster.

He also talks about about updating the math, page 42 and the Essentials products. Nice.

I like the end about DM's and how they are still so important to a good game.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I picked up MM3 yesterday, and I've been very impressed with the monsters I've seen so far. The damage boosts really make sense to me, and the new stat block seems easy to run. I'm going to be using exclusively MM3 monsters in my next session on Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes over!

My favorite so far? The Banderhobbs. I never used them in previous editions, but I'm going to have to find a way to throw them into my campaign.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases