Thieves World

Crothian

First Post
Dragongirl said:
Awwww don't take it like that. I think you are doing a great job! As you may or may not have noticed, I love webpages. I can't do anything fancy, but I love making them. :)

Perhaps I will make a request of you once I feel I have a sufficient amount of topics done. Until then we will all have to make due with the message boards. However, if there is anything you are looking for that you cannot find please e-mail or post the question. Same if there is something I have yet to cover that you wish to see.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Crothian said:
...having Maat as a feat. And the prestige class to take advantage of that is a good suggestion as well.
well, in several places he's called a 'Bandaran Adept'. if that isn't the name of a PrC...

i do think it makes sense to work it like spellfire. taking the feat only at first level limits eventual access to the PrC. - and, it may be 'organization' inclusive, like any PrC that must belong to a guild to get the proper training

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:

well, in several places he's called a 'Bandaran Adept'. if that isn't the name of a PrC...

i do think it makes sense to work it like spellfire. taking the feat only at first level limits eventual access to the PrC. - and, it may be 'organization' inclusive, like any PrC that must belong to a guild to get the proper training

I noticed that and added that and a few others to my list of Prestige classes. I'll be updating the Classes and Races sections soon. No big changes yet, though.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Crothian said:
Yes, I will have the drug and in it's varies forms.
there are several drugs available in Sanctuary. from one passage about Stilcho:

"Of drugs and temptations he had sampled in his life, of ghassa and krrf and whatever lotos-dreams the smoke of firoq gave, there was no sensation to equal that moment...."

Mr Fidgit

First Post
so what about the special weapons and armor in TW?

Randal: "...inherited Niko's panoply, armor forged by the entelechy of dream."

sound like ectoplasmic armor to me :cool:

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:

there are several drugs available in Sanctuary. from one passage about Stilcho:

"Of drugs and temptations he had sampled in his life, of ghassa and krrf and whatever lotos-dreams the smoke of firoq gave, there was no sensation to equal that moment...."

See, that's why I have players read the books. They catch things I don't.

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
so what about the special weapons and armor in TW?

Randal: "...inherited Niko's panoply, armor forged by the entelechy of dream."

sound like ectoplasmic armor to me :cool:

Niko's home is a place of the freams but the opposite, or something like that. It's vaguely described. For the most part all non charged items are unique. And anything goes.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
alright - something else that's occured to me while reading the TW books:

it doesn't surprise me that you'd keep divine magic (especially magical healing) out of the hands of the players. the only character i've read about so far that has a 'healing touch' is Jihan, 'daughter of the primal god, Stormbringer' (unless you'd allow player characters to have a demi-god template :D).

the types of healing i've read are either magical (only once, when Randal used the healing properties of water that comes off of his magic sword - and a magical item like that is ultra-rare or unique anyway), alchemical (or herbal - using some 'formula' of special ingredients) and mundane (surgery or field medicine to set bones, cauterize wounds, etc.)

Dragongirl

First Post
When you do gods, what time frame are you going with? Personally I would love to see the Trinity of . . Silveni (sp?) between her, the cripple, Harran and the dog . . oh that is 4 . . . what do you call that?

Last edited:

Remove ads