Thieves World

Crothian

First Post
Mr Fidgit said:
i've just noticed that Enas Yorl is supposed to have a bunch of familiars, some, possibly the improved kind. is there a feat that would give multiple familiars somewhere, or should it be written up that he just has a lot of 'pets'?

Ya, there is a feat in a Dragon Magazine that allows one to take an additional familiar. He does have the pair of more of Baskilisks. I like there warning that Enas Yorl's psossesions might fall into the hands of the PCs. If he's played correctly, that will never happen. He's epic level and then some. ;)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
i think there'd also have to be a bunch of new 9th level spells to reflect some of the 'abilities' bestowed on the novel characters, like longevity or bestow major curse

or would that be bestow major nasty, oozey, painful, forces-your-shape-to-change, ugly, embarasing-when-you-have-company-over, type of curse

Decado

First Post
I bought the books "Sanctuary" and "Cross-Currents" from the Science Fiction Book Club many, many years ago when I was still playing Basic D&D. I have never read them completely through, I guess I was too young to really understand and enjoy them. I always liked the setting and much to my regret never bought any of the RPG material based on the setting. I think once I finish reading the books I am on now I will read them completely.

After my last game session my players and I were talking about what setting we would use if we wanted to run a city based-thief campaign. Sanctuary was mentioned by one of my players as being his choice if he was to DM the campaign. Good luck with your conversion and campaign, please keep us updated. How do you plan on running your game? Is it going to be face to face or online?

Decado

Crothian

First Post
Decado said:
I bought the books "Sanctuary" and "Cross-Currents" from the Science Fiction Book Club many, many years ago when I was still playing Basic D&D. I have never read them completely through, I guess I was too young to really understand and enjoy them. I always liked the setting and much to my regret never bought any of the RPG material based on the setting. I think once I finish reading the books I am on now I will read them completely.

After my last game session my players and I were talking about what setting we would use if we wanted to run a city based-thief campaign. Sanctuary was mentioned by one of my players as being his choice if he was to DM the campaign. Good luck with your conversion and campaign, please keep us updated. How do you plan on running your game? Is it going to be face to face or online?

Decado

If you hunt around you can still find the books. Ebay always has some for sell, but I perfer to go to the used book stored to get the cheap. When reading them, if there's a story you don't like, skip it. Not all the short stories are great, and very few are so important that you have to read them.

As Mr Fidgit said I'm slowly converting everything from my notes and the books. However, be warned you also get a lot of me narrating and offering advice.

My game is going to be face to face. I think that's very important for a TW game. Sacntuary needs to be set up and people need to feel like they are there. The city is alive and a major character in the game. I'm not sure how well that can be accimploshed over another medium.

Decado

First Post
Thanks for the link Mr. Fidgit.

Crothian,

I agree TW should be played face to face. I have tried many different mediums and face to face is still my favorite. I will have to consult the website you posted earlier for a complete listing of the TW books and material. I would love to lay my hands on the RPG stuff. Used book stores are a favorite haunt of mine but since I moved 2.5 years ago I have found none in this area. I need to search them out. Thats is how I obtained my copy of Cross-Currents, after I lost my original. The books I have now are compilations of many TW stories and I cannot wait to start them!

I will be keeping an eye on your conversion thread and maybe once your campaign has started you could keep us updated by posting in the Story Hour forum?

Good luck

Decado

Crothian

First Post
Decado said:
I will be keeping an eye on your conversion thread and maybe once your campaign has started you could keep us updated by posting in the Story Hour forum?

TW will become a story Hour. However, the campaign is not going to be started any time soon. I'm playing in two very fun games, so one of those would have to end before I could start up.

Remove ads