Sci-fi 'dungeon' maps/tiles

Kris

Adventurer
Hello all :)

Since I watched Aliens again the other night (probably for about the 100th time ;) ), I figured that I would have a go at drawing a sci-fi 'dungeon' map for a change (as I've only really drawn fantasy maps etc. in the past):

sci_fi_dungeon_01.jpg

I've purposely left it uncluttered (and just included stuff that's pretty much immovable), just to keep it simple and to not tie it down to any particular type of encounter.

I've also blown it up to miniatures scale here: sci_fi_01.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
...just in case it is of use to anyone :) (as I don't really own any sci-fi games myself - though I hope to rectify that soon).

Anyway, I hope you like it, and that someone out there can make some use of it.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I've also blown it up to miniatures scale here: sci_fi_01.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
...just in case it is of use to anyone :)
Thanks! I just printed it in case my group's Dark Heresy GM or Rogue Trader GM can make use of it. Unmarked versions of the maps are always useful.

One thing, if making a printable version, removing dark empty space really will save on ink. White might look stark, but ink is expensive.

Kris

Adventurer
...but ink is expensive.

Indeed ...quite possibly the most expensive liquid in the world :) (or so they would have us believe considering the price they charge us for the stuff :confused: ).

I'll change the pdf version a little later on and do as you suggested.

Also, here's another I've just finished up:

sci_fi_dungeon_02.jpg

...pdf to follow :)

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
Since I've just got hold of the BRP book and the Savage Worlds book (giving me a host of possible settings, including sci-fi/near-future), I'm now considering expanding on these maps a little, and perhaps creating a few more of these layouts with exits/entrances on different walls (in a similar fashion to the 'dungeon every day' project I did last year).

I very much doubt I'll do one a day like last time (maybe not even one a week), but I think an initial nine 'dungeons' with entrances/exits placed something like this...
sci_fi_set.jpg

...will be a good starting place ...maybe?

Kris

Adventurer
Here's the next one:

sci_fi_dungeon_03.jpg

...and the pdf battlemat version: sci_fi_03.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

When drawing this I kinda had the idea in my head of the players defending area 4 (perhaps covering the north and south passages) while aliens/bugs/plague-zombies or whatever are hammering away at the reinforced glass to the west, and more are attempting to slowly crawl along the narrow/low tunnels with the conveyors (very slowly if the players manage to get the conveyors working first ;) ).

I've also had a go at drawing a few simple doors and dead ends here:
sci_fi_ends_and_exits_1.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
...as I figured it would be better to have the doors as separate pieces rather than include them on the maps themselves.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases