[OOC] [D&D 3.5: FR] Silverdale

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
About 50 miles north of Tilverton, just beyond the Shadow Gap in the Desertsmouth Mountains, the Dales Council has commissioned the creation of a fort and a small community to guard the gap: Silverdale.

The tiny community, numbering only 100 souls so far, mostly soldiers and their families, have asked the Dales Council for much needed supplies and capable leadership.

Whatever walks of life you came from before this day, now you find yourselves approaching the budding community of Silverdale, tasked with leading the new town to prosperity and defending this stretch of the Northride from whatever terror befell Tilverton.

Because the Waterdhavian wizards studying the mystery of Tilverton...those still alive, have sent frantic reports that the calamity that struck the now empty town is spreading north.

Silverdale is all that stands between the Dalelands...and oblivion.

First, let's get the obvious out of the way...

Monkey...

Is...

Back!

This game is a short adventure set in the Forgotten Realms using D&D 3.5 rules. The adventure breaks the normal mould a bit in that the PCs will be in charge of a small town (population of about 100 adults), dealing with not only the trials and troubles of a normal community, but forced to defend the Gap against an unknown threat. The challenge, of course, is that the PCs and those they are leading are inexperienced and ill prepared for such a task.

Character Creation

Starting Level: 1 (with exceptions, see below)
Ability Scores: 32 Point Buy
Starting Gold: Max for your class
Starting Region (from the FR Campaign Setting book): Any (though characters native to the Dalelands and neighboring areas will have a slight story advantage)

The exception to starting level is that you can play a race with a level adjustment, but not with racial HD. However, such characters start at 1st level in all other respects (specifically starting gold for their class). Keep in mind that regular 1st level characters can expect to advance up to 3rd level by the end of this adventure but characters with level adjustments are not likely to gain more than a single level, if that (depending on the LA).

Races with racial HD can be played, from 1st level, using a monster progression from Savage Species (as updated or adapted by yours truly).

Available Books

Character options are available from the following books. I must insist on no exceptions. If it ain't on this list, it isn't available.

Player's Handbook 3.5
Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5
Monster Manual 3.5

Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Scoundrel
Complete Warrior

Deities & Demigods
Draconomicon
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Fiend Folio
Libris Mortis
Manual of the Planes
Miniatures Handbook
Monster Manual II
Monster Manual III
Oriental Adventures (such characters are assumed to be immigrants from Kara-Tur)
Rules Compendium
Savage Species
Spell Compendium

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Lords of Darkness
Magic of Faerun
Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerun

Certain options available from (ask for details)...

Defenders of the Faith
Masters of the Wild
Song and Silence
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook
Sword and Fist
Tome and Blood

Final Notes

I'll be playing relatively fast and loose with Realms lore so things may not always mesh with how it is written in the books.

In creating your characters, traditional party roles are not as important as filling roles in the leadership structure of the community. Depending on the position your character fills in the town, you will have a small group of NPCs to command or lead. For example, if your character is the militia leader, you'll have a contingent of 1st level warriors at your beck and call. If your character is the armorer, you'll have a group of 1st level experts doing the bulk of the work. Any roles not filled by PCs will eventually be filled by (less capable) NPCs.

Number of players is somewhat negotiable, but I'll probably cap it at around eight (mainly to account for the normal player attrition that occurs in the land of PbP).

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
interested, but if someone else wants to play and it's otherwise full I'll back out (playing and DMing a total of 4 games, 2 each, so my time is a little bit tight) but I think I can post at an ok rate.

renau1g

First Post
Glad to see you back. I'd highly recommend this adventure after being in a past crazy adventure. I'm too full up right now, but I'll likely watch this one with interest.

ethandrew

First Post
Silverdale, eh? A leadership role, you say? With people to command and a keep to defend?

I don't really see much advancement in this, more akin to just a battlefield control type of roleplay with trying to stay out of the fray as much as possible. Could be interesting.

Count me in, CM, you know I'm always down for your games.

ethandrew

First Post
A level 9 Wizard? I just want to cast Cloudkill...

But no, I'm thinking probably a ranger; proficient martial character with a decent amount of skills.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases