PFRPG GameMastery Guide

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
It's in my Paizo subscriber Downloads... pulling it down now. Yee-haw!!! Looking forward to giving it a good read tomorrow.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I paged through it this evening, and IMO it's a fantastic book. It has almost everything a GM needs and a lot a GM may never need, but is nice to have.

Some great artwork in there too...

wakedown

Explorer
It looks like it'll be able to replace my copy of AEG's D20 Toolbox, which was my only non-Paizo "must have book" to tote around with materials.

Toolbox still has a lot more tables, so that might be an overstatement, but the tables for generating NPCs are stellar, or figuring out what a random building in town might contain, etc.

There's a bunch of pre-statted NPCs. I was actually surprised to see how many class levels some of these guys had. For example, the lowest level NPC town guard printed is a warrior 3 with 19HP. Not sure I'd drop that NPC in as a group of guards in a first level adventure, since they'd likely outshine the PCs. I'd probably end up using this guy as a captain for a small town, and use the bandit entry or something for lower-level guards. That said, I really like that there's 60 pages of this, I guess I wouldn't have minded 200 pages of pre-statted NPCs to get a wider swathe of levels.

I'm still wrapping my arms around it.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Real life has gotten in the way, and I've done nothing more than scan through the (luscious-looking) pdf. Hope to write more this weekend.

Crothian

First Post
It looks like it'll be able to replace my copy of AEG's D20 Toolbox, which was my only non-Paizo "must have book" to tote around with materials.

But would it replace Ultimate Toolbox? Its over twice the size of Toolbox and filled with more awesome tables!! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases