S@squ@tch status

s@squ@tch

First Post
Players and DM's -- I have not disappeared for good. I have been SWAMPED with getting this foreclosed home that I bought up to livable status -- lots of plumbing, electrical, and other work that has consumed all of my free time, and then some.

Things are slowing down somewhat, as I've redone 1/2 of the bathrooms so far, so I hope to get back to PbP in the next week or so.

I haven't checked any threads yet, but hope to in the next week.

Thanks and I hope that my players are still around and that my DM's haven't killed me off yet. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
wow, move from the west coast to do work in cananada on the east coast...long way to travel!

R, Kids got you busy, huh?

s@squ@tch

First Post
I moved from Portland, OR, to Carmel, IN, so perhaps I am closer to my next job in Canada for renau1q!

I am now fairly skilled with a propane torch -- maybe one of my PC's can find one in an adventure.... with some flux and copper tubing, then I can redo a dungeon's bathroom.

Rhun

First Post
Good to hear from you S@s. And I absolutely understand how it feels when life gets all crazy. Just keep plodding on, and you'll get through the rough stuff!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Have you atried pex plumbing? it is a lot easier then copper tubing and can take a coupel of freezes befor popping. repairs are pretty easy too.

Vertexx69

First Post
Haha I just spent the whole day in portland, OR and man is it boring :eek: I know why you left. Looking forward to crushing your giants in short order when you get back to posting :devil:

s@squ@tch

First Post
@Scott - in one of the bathrooms, after my initial copper sweating attempts leaked like a sieve, (due to the use of a water soluble flux, which sucks @ss.) I used some pex tubing with sharkbite connectors -- worked great, but I was a little worried that they might leak later, so I put in an access panel, so I can check on them in time. The second shower valve I was able to get some good paste flux and the sweating went great -- if I was going to build a new house or addition, I'd use PEX tubing instead.

I think I gained a level in expert through this house project, I think I rolled poorly for HP, but the added skill points in profession(plumber), profession(carpenter), and profession(landscaping) have been welcomed.

Remove ads