The Forge of Fury

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
by Richard Baker

Code:
 [I][COLOR=darkorange]Two hundred years ago, the great dwarf smith Durgeddin the Black built [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]Khundrukar, a hidden stronghold for his war of vengeance against all orckind. [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]For [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]years Durgeddin labored, until the orcs discovered Khundrukar and stormed [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]the [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]citadel, slaying all within. Legends say that Durgeddin's masterful blades [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]and [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]glttering treasures were never found.[/COLOR][/I]
Got to give credit where it is due so anything from the module itself will be but in code blocks like the above.

Group for this IC:
Gerlari Hiltzaile played by Mowgli
Ears played by seandwulf
Auris D'Leroy played by Walking Dad
Sabern Hutch played by IronWolf
Lusk Blackhammer played by JDragon

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/277238-forge-fury-conversion-pathfinder.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/277454-rg-forge-fury-pathfinder-system.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Placeholder for places explored, treasure and XP gained and other misc info.

HM

[sblock=MISC]

SOP: doors

Marching Order
Single File
Outdoors (ranger tracking - breaking trail)
Lusk
Gerlari
Sabern
Auris
Ears

Indoors (rogue checking for traps)
Ears
Lusk
Sabern
Auris
Gerlari

Spread Out
Lusk - Gerlari
Auris - Sabern
Ears

1st watch (4 hrs)
Gerlari
Ears

2nd watch (4 hrs)
Gerlari (1st 1/2)
Lusk (2nd 1/2)
Sabern

3rd Watch (4 hrs)
Lusk
Auris
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP&Treasure LVL 1]
looted orcs
First XP = 550 each
coin & potion
room#11

Experience (per player):

Sentries and Archers - 150xp
Orcs - 100xp
Ogre & Wolves - 300xp

above already awarded

Orcs - 100xp
Yarrick - 80xp
Dwarven statue trap - 120xp
Striges - 160xp
False door trap - 120xp
Burdug - 80xp
Orcs - 50xp

Total of + 710xp from encounters
Time XP Award: + 3,036xp

Loot:
Orc sentires and archers: 27gp, 51sp
Room #5: Sack of coins (250sp, 40gp) and unidentified potion - ???
Room #11: 210gp, a topaz worth 200gp, and two onyx gems worth 50gp each
- looted bodies: 28gp, 56sp
- Yarrick: scalemail, large steel shield, mw hand axe, and 3 throwing axes
Rooms 12 & 14: Two chest containing 440gp, 1600sp, sack w/180gp and a flask of holy water.
- potion of Spider Climb
- magical dagger (size small): unidentified
- loot from two rooms found here
Room #9: two leather sacks 160sp each, 2 light maces, and a dagger

Time gold Award: +2,346gp each [/sblock]

Attachments

• FoF lvl1.jpg
    FoF lvl1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
the adventure begins...

Code:
[I][COLOR=darkorange]As you travel, you pass through brooding pine forests and deep vales several [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]days' travel north of the mining town of Blasingdell. From where you stand [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]now, you [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]catch sight of a tall, steep hill that rises to a prominent bare knob [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]of rock [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]- the [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]Stone Tooth. A thin spire of smoke rises from some unseen [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]point high on the [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]hill's [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]slopes, and you can make out a steep, narrow road or [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]track that runs back and [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]forth [/COLOR][/I][I][COLOR=darkorange]across the face of the mountainside.[/COLOR][/I]

[sblock=OOC] the party has traveled for over two days but evening is still three hours away so they must decide if they wish to continue on or wait to climb the mountain in the morning.

Pictures below are the original and a new one I found [/sblock]

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,957
  • stone_tooth.jpg
    stone_tooth.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4,084

IronWolf

blank
Sabern looked across to the rock formation known as the Stone Tooth. It was larger than he had expected he thought as he eyed the position of the sun in the sky gauging how much time until evening.

He stood tall as the late afternoon sun beat down on him, his skin tan and weathered from a significant portion of his life on the road. Though he appeared older than many of the young adventurer's seen in taverns across the land, he seemed no less toughened. A large mace hung at his hip, a crossbow fastened to his backpack that was tossed over his shoulders covered in banded mail.

Sabern brushed a length of his salt and pepper hair from his heavily stubbled face as he studied the thin spire of smoke rising from the rock knob. He also watched the narrow track that seemed to run back and forth, following it with his blue eyes to where it ended, looking and watching for any signs of movement or signs of life.

With a deep voice, a bit of a rasp to it he says "Well, there it is. Just as they described it." to no one in particular.

"Looks like it'll be evening soon enough, I'm thinking we watch the place from a distance and find ourselves a safe place to camp before we head much closer." Sabern states. "What do you think?"

[sblock=Stat Block]

Sabern Hutch
AC 20 (T11, FF19), HP 40/40, F +6,R+2,W+8

INIT +1 BAB +3 CMB +5 CMD 16

Speed: 20' in armor

Perception +5
Steath: +1

Heavy Mace +1 (melee): +6 = +3 BAB +2 (Str mod) + 1 (magic) DMG: 1d8+3 (+2 Str, +1 magic) Crit:x2
Light Crossbow (ranged): +4 = +3 BAB +1 (Dex Mod) DMG 1d8 Crit: 19-20/x2 Range incr: 80 feet (16 squares)

- +1 trait bonus to save DC of channeled energy
- +1 damage when flanking (and is multiplied on a critical hit)
- Battle Rage = standard action(AoO), +2 damage, for 1 round, 76 times/day
- Channel Energy = standard action(no AoO), 3d6 (+5 to damage undead), 30'R, save DC = 15, 7 times/day
- Sun Domain: Sun's Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.

Effects: -

[sblock=Spells]
0-level: 4

Detect Magic
Purify Food and Drink
Stabilize
Light

1st-level 4 (3 class, 1 bonus) + 1 Domain

Bless
Divine Favor
Protection from Evil
Shield of Faith
Domain(Sun): endure elements

2nd-level 2 (2 class, 1 bonus) +1 Domain

Bull's Strength
Lesser Restoration
Sound Burst
Domain(War): spiritual weapon

3rd-level (1 class, 1 bonus) +1 Domain

Prayer
Dispel Magic
Domain(Sun): Searling Light
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
Lusk stood at the top of the rise the group has just crested and could see the Stone Tooth in the distance. The landmarks he had been given had been easy to follow even if it seemed odd to him to have landmarks that could easily be changed by people or the elements, unlike the markers his people used underground.

He nodded his head as Sabern pointed the spire out. His red hair was tied back in a single long braid running part way down his back, it and the two braids of his beard resting between the spikes that adorned his well worn breastplate. Spike protruded from all the parts of his armor and boots, allowing any part of his body to become a weapon. His large axe hung at his belt, his shield resting easy on his arm.

"Well something is there, or their would not be smoke. The question is, are they friendly or are they orcs?" Lusk watched the scene before them and nodded in agreement with Sabern. "Waiting will be best, if its orcs, or their like they will be able to see better than the rest of you in the darkness of the night."

[sblock=Stat Block]Lusk Stat Block
HP: 60
AC: 21 Touch: 11 Flatfooted: 20
INIT: +1 / +5* - 2* (underground - Trait), 2* (Favored Terrain)
BAB: +4
CMB: +8
CMD: 19 / 23* - 4* (Vs Bull Rush & Trip only)
Fort: 8 / 10* - 2* (Poison)
Reflex: 5
Will: 2 / 4* - 2* (Spells & Spell like abilities)

Perception: +8/10* - 2* (unusual stonework)

Potion CLW +1 x 4[/sblock]

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Sabern continues to look out at the smoke. "If they are friendly, braver than I to light a fire near that tooth supposedly taken by orcs." Sabern draws. "Unless of course the smoke comes from within the spire itself."

"I think a defensible camp tonight in case there are orc patrols coming this far out."
Sabern continues. "Likely a cold camp tonight too, no fire. We do not want to attract attention."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Gerlari stretches massive arms and shoulders as he tops the small rise and joins his two friends.

"Gods, I'm bored. Are we there yet? Oh, I see we are! Goin' in, or hangin' here for the night?"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 58/58     AC: 18   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 15
 Init: +03    ST(F):+09   ST(R):+03    ST(W):+00    Saves: +1 vs. Fear

BAB: 04       CMB:+08     CMD: 21

Weapon                      Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
GreatAxe (+1)                  +09    1d12+7         20/x3     +1 Confirm Crit &
Composite Longbow (+4 STR)     +08    1d08+4         20/x3     +3 Damage on Crit
[/sblock]

Alt F4

First Post
Ears quietly approaches the other three. He stands in silence, emerald eyes wide, nostrils flared, pointed ears cocked, his silent stance giving the impression that he's taking things in even through the tightly woven links of his mithral shirt.

As he looks intently at the smoke, Ears quietly sniffs the air, trying to get a hint of the smell of it. During lulls in the conversation he quietly turns so that the right side of his head is closer to the smoke, listening for any sounds coming from the direction of the Stone Tooth.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, totally new to PbP, what's the protocol for making a skill check? I wanna make a Perception (+16) check to hear any sounds from the direction of the Stone Tooth.[/sblock]
When Ears speaks, his voice is quiet, barely above a whisper. "Shh, gimme a minute to see if I can hear anything."

[sblock=Stat Block]Ears
HP: 36
AC: 18 (19 vs Traps); Touch: 14; Flatfooted: 14 (Uncanny Dodge)
INIT: +4
BAB: +3
CMB: +5
CMD: 19
Fort: +3
Ref: +8 (+9 vs Traps)
Wil: +3 (+5 vs Enchantments)
Speed: 30' (6 squares)

Perception +16 (+18 vs traps)

Potion CLW x 2

Short Sword +1, +6 attack, 1d6+3 dmg, crit 19-20/x2
Short Bow, +7 attack, 1d6 dmg, crit 20/x3 Range Increment 60 feet (12 squares)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

A few heads lower, a curious halfling with blue hair darts around. "I shall climb this? Never! Who wants to carry me?"

44208d1275569476-rg-forge-fury-pathfinder-system-auris.jpg

[sblock=OOC]

Sample check using IC for Alt F4

Heal check (1d20+7=10)
---
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4449206-post378.html
Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 40/40, F +5,R+7,W+6

Spells: 7/7 , 4/4

Sorcerer Spells Known: Cantrips- 6, 1st- 3, 2nd- 1, + 1 bloodline spell
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1: Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2: Glitterdust

Effects: -

XP: 6,000

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok let's see...

1) Great to have everyone here specially first timers ;) I will find the EnWorld protocol post tonight for you to look at. So far everything is great.

2)Everyone add Perception to their stat blocks for those secert DM rolls plz. And AF4 whenever you wish to make a check where I need to keep the numbers hidden you just list the total (like you did :)) and I will let you know the result. Anytime you wish to make a check and you will know if it failed or not you can make an Invisible Castle roll and link it here. Just like what WD did for the heal check. (btw do to the mile or more distance you don't hear anything quite yet.)

3) Also don't forget arrows/bolts and any abilities you have limited uses on like rage and such.

4) Ok i'm out but will have regular internet access after I get off work so will check to seee if the group is camping or not.

HM [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases