T1: A Visit to Spelding Square [Completed]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gillin shifts his bowl to his other hip and frowns. "Eh, you know Joe. He doesn't like people talking about those days. It's dark now. I should get on home. This way."

Gillin shuffles on down the hill to the southern docks. It's full dark by now, but the area is well lit by oil lamps. The landward side of the quay is lined with stone warehouses and the occasional small tavern that caters mainly to sailors.

There's the usual variety of vessels lying at anchor. There are large trading vessels that might have come from the Vastermarch cities, or Gotian, or even further away. There are lamps lit on most of these, beneath which you can see sailors on watch. There are smaller day-fishing vessels that ply the waters of Elbereth Bay, all unoccupied. There are even a few rowing boats bobbing at their moorings, and one or two upside down on the wharf itself.

The city guard patrol this area in pairs. Though some nod at you, none are much interested in your doings.[sblock=PCs][sblock=Midias, Quozen]Gillin obviously lives for the memories of his glory days, and he's saddened and offended that Pendrake is more interested in Joe's deeds than his own.[/sblock][sblock=Ngikhnit]Gillin's probably too old and forgetful to remember Joe's stories.[/sblock][sblock=Peladus]Gillin's unsettled. Perhaps he doesn't want to admit he was never on such close terms with Joe as to have heard the famously taciturn man's tales.[/sblock][sblock=Pendrake]Gillin's unsettled. Perhaps he doesn't want to admit he was never on such close terms with Joe as to have heard the famously taciturn man's tales.

OOG: Pendrake of course is familiar with the southern and northern docks, having had several exciting evenings here previously.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake, having ahd his own share of adventures some of which were here on these very docks, nods to any guardsmen he recognizes. He makes mention of where he ahd the great battle against the goblins, the Berghast and the blacklily thieve's guild.

[sblock=dm's eyes only]
He makes no mention of his previous party's attempts to rid the city of a cirtain wizard who was closely associated with the aformentioned gang of thugs.
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen's eyes grow wide seeing the docks.

"Ah, the ocean makes me smile in wonder every time! Where I am from, water is so precious, we are careful to save every drop. To imagine an entire landscape of nothing but water! It is so amazing."

Excitedly, he turns to Gillin.

"And yet, we may have to go out into the water just to find this thing! I cannot imagine such a thing! Gillin, have you ever traveled on the ocean? What is it like?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"Looks like we need a boat, or even better, a ship."

[sblock=OOC]

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 16/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command, Shield of Faith

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Got in last adventure: 4 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gillin turns to Quozen and beams a gappy smile.

"I might have taken one or two voyages on ships in my youth. Not all that far, but far enough that the land is out of sight, and all you can see is the water, green and bottomless, like so many rolling hills. Ah, it never leaves you, the sea, the sea. The – the sea!"

His gentle reminiscing rises to a sudden shout. At the same time, you all hear the creaking of wood and rattle of chains as the berthed ships roll slightly.

A swell of water, inky black broken only by the reflections of lamplight, has risen in the bay, and finding its path impeded by the stone wall of the quay breaks over it, and rushes towards you, four feet high.

There's a moment in which to react.[sblock=OOG]Str checks please - unless there's anything else you care to do. Ngikhnit can add +4 as though he were large.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias tries to do or shout something, but his armor is slowing him down. All he can do is bracing for the impact.

[sblock=OOC]

Str check (1d20+2=15)

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 16/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command, Shield of Faith

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Got in last adventure: 4 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus looks up at Gillin's shout. When he sees the oncoming wave, he grabs the old man with one hand and looks around for something stable to hold onto with the other. Failing that, he takes a step back and braces himself with one foot planted behind him and knees slightly bent.

[sblock=OOC]Strength check (1d20=18)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc]
Would it be possible for Quozen to Jump to grab a hold of an overhead support, like an awning or a lamppost? Or just to leap over the wave?

Strength Check: 1d20+1=7
Jump Check: 1d20+3=19
[/sblock]
OOC: I was wondering something similar: a lamp post or something nearby to grab onto?

Remembering the day he arrived by ship Pendrake echos low, "Ja, das zee das z ...Ackt! Sheit!" he exclaims at the oncoming wave.

1d20+3=22

Remove ads