[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurín surveys the situation

Elurín finds it a bit bland to be back to the material world having been in the Feywild:, it is a struggle not to see everything as undifferentiated. Elurín connects into the primal spirits of the world taking on the shape of a harmless local snake meandering in the general direction of the fire. While his movement is not direct, his attention is focused in the direction of the fire.

[sblock=Perception]Perception (1d20+9=12)[/sblock]
Elurín stats

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ruarc & Elurín

Ruarc cracks the leg-bone of the sow he and the merchant shared for dinner in order to get at the last of the marrow, then leans back contentedly as he considers the fellow's words in his usual deliberate fashion. "Mmmm. Restov, you say? Not sure how I feel about hiring out, havin' another give me the wherefore and how-to . . . on th'other hand supplies are getting harder to come by. I broke the last of my arrows on that crew today and need to restock." He rises and begins efficiently cleaning the remains of supper, scrubbing the pots with sand and carrying the bones and scraps well away from the campsite before burying them. After a few minutes he speaks again.

"Reckon I'll head that way and see what they're offerin'. Which way were you goin'? You'd be welcome to share the road with me . . ." Though it's plain the big man means every word, he's also obviously somewhat uncomfortable with the offer - a genuine willingness to help protect the merchant on the road warring with the knowledge that he'll be faster and more efficient on his own.

"Well, I was heading away from Restov, unfortunately, got my wagon there full of goods to try and maybe find a buyer, in the River Kingdoms. I'd love to have you come with, but you don't seem the caravan guard-type, I reckon." the man replies, following the goliath's efforts of cleaning the plate and burying the remnants, "At least you know your way around things, most people just throw their bones just outside camp, draw all sorts of critters here, some bigger than others" he says

Ruarc pauses in his methodical cleanup and looks into the woods.

Hmmm. Someone coming to share the fire, or coming to take what's ours?

He surreptitiously checks to ensure his axes are ready and speaks quietly to the merchant. "Someone approaches. Be ready, but give no warning that we're onto them."

[sblock=OOC]Perception Check (1d20+8=22)[/sblock]

[sblock=Ruarc]
You hear a crash as if someone or something fell onto the ground, then you hear whatever it is stand up and begin moving around in the darkness, you spot some movement here and there. It sounds like only a single humanoid though. The individual is not charging or moving straight towards the campsite, nor are they moving with particular speed.[/sblock]

The merchant does his best to continue the clean-up, but he looks a bit nervous by the goliath's words.

[sblock=ooc]
bluff (1d20+4=13) to look natural.[/sblock]

Elurín finds it a bit bland to be back to the material world having been in the Feywild:, it is a struggle not to see everything as undifferentiated. Elurín connects into the primal spirits of the world taking on the shape of a harmless local snake meandering in the general direction of the fire. While his movement is not direct, his attention is focused in the direction of the fire.

Elurín, you see a large figure standing at the edge of the fire's light, cleaning off the remnants of what appears to have been dinner, and a human sitting near the fire. You can easily tell this man is nervous, his eyes moving quickly from side to side, he casts glances at the darkness and he wrings his hands.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc & Elurín

The merchant does his best to continue the clean-up, but he looks a bit nervous by the goliath's words.

This time the Ranger makes no effort to mute his voice. He projects calm confidence born of long experience in the wild.

"Easy . . . there's just one, and human or very like. I reckon if it was bandits there'd be more of 'em. Let's just abide and see what happens."

Last edited:

HandofMystra

First Post
I hope I am interpreting the Druid crunch correctly: While not in combat or skill challenge, I can turn into any Medium animal or primal aspect but my stats do not change. For example, I could turn into a bird (well a Medium size one if any) but I could not fly. I will use Nature checks if I want to know if a certain type of animal is plausible in a particular natural environment.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc & Elurín

[sblock=OOC]So Ruarc perceived Elurín as he entered the PM Plane, then it would have appeared as though he disappeared (and - if his perception of 22 was good enough - Ruarc would then have noticed the Medium snake).[/sblock]

Hmmm, this guys nervous enough so I'm not gonna mention that whatever was out there seems to have disappeared . . . gone or hiding, I wonder? It'd have to be pretty good to hide from me out here; OK, so now I'm getting a little worried . . .

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Neither Ruarc nor Elurín were making stealth checks, so I assumed neither were making active attempts to hide. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

"There's the spirit." Scorpius cheers. "Tough it out. Find the will with in yourself, and in the mean time ask Mari for peppermint." He waves down the human girl from the other side of the ship.
"Peppermint? Is this some magical elixir to settle my insides? I would be most grateful for that, Mari," says the Tiefling when Mari approaches.

[OOC: Can you say, 'placebo effect'? :D]

Scotley

Hero
Mari Champanel Human Shaman

The human girl is leaning over the railing at the opposite side of the ship from the retching Tiefling. She appears to be talking to herself. A more careful observer will note a wave paralleling the ship that has a 'face' of sea foam that is talking back. The girl laughs musically and then saunters over to the Tiefling. Her bare feet glide across the deck as she compensated naturally to the roll of the ship. Clearly she is at home on the sea. Mari (pronounced Mah ree) is a modestly attractive young woman with dark hair, skin and eyes. She has a small tattoo of a cresting wave on her right cheek just below and behind her eye. her long slender fingers have brightly painted nails. You can just decern the form of the leather armor she wears under full calf length shirts and matching jacket of bright blue with black trim. The jacket is in the style of a uniform, but made of a satiny material that is clearly not martial in origin. She carries a sickle on her belt and a long spear adorned with a totem of feathers and carved bones. She is 5'7" tall and weighs about 140 pounds. She wears a gold hoop in one ear and a ring in the shape of a skull. A necklace of charms hangs from her neck.

When she answers her voice is rich and heavily accented (think creole). "Here boy take a pull of this and rinse your mouth first, but don swallow it, or you'll just puke it up again." She pulls the cork from a bottle of rum with her teeth and passes it over. The she rummages in a pouch filled with many strange things, cigar stubs, dice, candies, bones, colored stones, bits of candles and feathers, before coming up with a little bundle of dried mint leaves, "Its not magically, but you may feel like it is when you stop that heaving over the side. Just chew it a little to release the oil then hold it in your check. Focus on the horizon, don't look at the things around you swaying like the people and the masts." When she gets the bottle back she wipes the mouth on her skirt and takes a pull before putting the stopper back in. "Where'd you find this lubber Scorpius."

[sblock=Mari stat block]Mari Female Human Shaman 1 Initiative: 0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal AC:14, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:16 HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10 Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused Powers:Haunting Spirits, World Speaker's Command, Voice of Battle, Call Spirit Companion, Wrath of Winter, Healing Spirit, Speak with Spirits, Bramble Ally, Spray of Quills

Conditions: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

Faustus gratefully accepts both the mouth rinse and the mint. Once he is finished with both, he begins to look much better and calmer. "He didn't find me anywhere. I've never seen him before we just met here on the ship. I am called Faustus, and I thank the gracious lady," says the Tiefling, bowing slightly.

Faustus is more genteel than his demonic appearance suggests, apparently. The Tiefling stands 6 feet, 2 inches tall, and is lean, yet powerfully built, weighing a bit over 200 pounds. His skin is a reddish brown color, with the tip of his long, thick tail being black in color. His eyes are red, and his head is adorned with ram-like horns that are dark gray. He is dressed in a tunic and trousers of dark blue, and he wears a black jacket with many studs of steel on both sleeves and the back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases