[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger

"Greetings, lass, yes, it was I who fed the gulls and fishes with my most recent meal. I hope I am quickly gaining some semblance of sea legs, however. I am called 'Faustus.' I don't recall hearing your name...." The Tiefling's tail twitches as he ponders the situation between the newcomer and Mari.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ruarc & Elurín

After a few moments of watchful silence Ruarc shrugs massive shoulders and returns to his camp chores, the picture of studied indifference. He speaks casually to the merchant:

"Must've been mistaken'. Or whatever was there's gone their way."

[sblock=Ruarc Sléibhín]Ruarc Sléibhín—Male Goliath Ranger 01
Initiative: +05, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 6
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 08, Surges left: 06/06; Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers -
Hunter's Quarry
Throw & Stab
Twin Strike

Stone's Endurance
Plant to the Hilt

Sudden Strike

L4W Character Sheet
Obsidian Portal Character Sheet[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm...you gotta be careful with an older man like that son, you nearly scared the dinner right back outta me. So like I was sayin' Restov ain't too far from here, if you can stay outta trouble it shouldn't take you more than a week or so to get there, although you ain't seem like the kinda person to stay outta trouble" he says with a wink.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"No indeed, that I'm not. More trouble means more brigands ended." For just a moment as he speaks, the Ranger's craggy features become implacable as the stone that mothered his race - then the moment passes, and he's once again the amiable dinner companion.

[sblock=Ruarc Sléibhín]Ruarc Sléibhín—Male Goliath Ranger 01
Initiative: +05, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 15, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 13 — Speed: 6
HP: 26/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 08, Surges left: 06/06; Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers -
Hunter's Quarry
Throw & Stab
Twin Strike

Stone's Endurance
Plant to the Hilt

Sudden Strike

L4W Character Sheet
Obsidian Portal Character Sheet[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ezmerelda examined the tiefling's face, then stuck out a blue-skinned hand. It was cool to the touch when Faustus shook it.

"Call me Ezz," she suggested, then looked over at Meri and grinned. "And talk of the island, is it?"

Her sapphire eyes darted conspiratorially back and forth and she lowered her tone. "Well, you didn't hear this from me, but I was talking to one of the deckhands who's brother knew a man who was on the original expedition that discovered the new island. It's a great, wild land with trees that rise like mountains into the sky, and mountains so high that they're constantly sunk into the very highest of clouds. Monstrous beasts constantly stalk through the thick jungles, and you're just as likely to die from the sting of a tiny scorpion as from the teeth of a hulking creature."

"And rising over the tops of the trees in the distance, you can see mighty towers of spiraled marble, like a city such as the world has never seen just waiting to be visited. Whether an ancient ruin or a thriving metropolis, you can bet there's mysteries and wonders that await!"

She pauses then adds, "And horrible dangers too of course. That's why I'm here."

Scotley

Hero
"Fond of horrible dangers are you Ezz?" asks Mari with the quirk of an eyebrow. "Interesting. Such a city could make the powers that be in Dauton very nervous. No wonder they want us to investigate." She gives Ezz another appraising glance her eyes narrowing at the sword on her back. "So how do you deal with horrible danger? Swordswoman are you, perhaps?"

Shayuri

First Post
Ezz laughs and takes an elaborately formal bow, with a sweep of her arm and everything.

"Guilty as charged! Though to call me a 'swordswoman' is a bit like suggesting that a dolphin is a 'decent swimmer,' or that a bunyip is 'a bit ugly.'" She strikes a dueling pose, her hand curled around the hilt of an imaginary sword held at mid-guard. "Those who face me must fight not only steel, but all the otherworldly powers at my command!" She jabs the phantom blade at Mari playfully and grins. "Don't worry, I don't really have an invisible sword. I'm just pretending."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The Ship

"And modest too, is she." Scorpius says smiling and pushing off of the rail. "Well when you're otherworldy powers get you in over you're head in this worldy, Mari and I have sent along to make sure you lot stay alive long enough to report back." No doubts that this lass will find herself over her head. He sighs. I need to get my own ship, so I can pick a finer crew.

Scorpius didn't bother explaining how, figuring Mari's connection to the spirits should have been clear enough already and with his own spiked chain wrapped around his waist and shoulder.

Scotley

Hero
Mari smiles, more confident now that she has the measure of this over-bold woman. "I'll leave the sword work to you then girl." She gives Scorpius a knowing look. She turns to the other man "and what of you Faustus, a warrior as well?"

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurín steps out

Elurín decides that this pair do not look like bandits. The large snake moves from tree limb to tree limb away from the camp and into the jungle. When it is out of sight, the large snake starts sliding off the tree limb, legs forming as it drops. The snake has turned into a light-skinned handsome young man, a half-elf from his slender build and slightly pointed ears. Elurín wears finely worked hide armor with a fur collar. He holds a staff in one hand. Unless confronted earlier, he walks slowly and noisily in the camp clearing: "Hail strangers."

Elurín stats

Last edited:

Remove ads