D&D 4th Edition The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 66 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 659
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky

    The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

    The Rerisen Tower

    DM: Iron Sky
    Judge: ScorpiusRisk

    Players:
    Corvus(Cleverusername), Human Warlord 1
    Eithal(H.M.Gimlord), Goliath Warden 1
    Fedrock(Xeterog), Dwarf Battlemind 1
    Gurk(Son of Meepo), Half-orc Monk 1
    Yimayngurr(pacdidj), Half-orc Ranger 2
    Himura(Luinnar), Elf Avenger 1(2nd PC)
    Livia(Mewness), Human Seeker 3 (2nd PC)

    Rules
    Presumably everyone knows the basic rules. I use Mal's ubiquitous combat rules, prefer mechanical/ooc things to be in [ sblock ][ /sblock ]s, etc. If I do skill challenges, they're usually Stalker0's Obsidian style. There's probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.


    Character's and portraits
    Sometime in the first couple posts, I'd like a link to your character sheet and a portrait that you'd like me to use for you. If you have a character builder file or summary, that would be great too, since if you don't I'll just be entering your character into CB from your sheet anyway - makes it easier for me to run your character should you go AWOL for some reason.


    ---

    After being led through the streets of Daunton, you find yourselves at one of the city's many gates. Waiting there is a wagon full of boxes and tools pulled by two plain gray horses, a mix of humans, dwarves, and halflings loafing about, and a large, broad shouldered woman who looks human at first, but then the spots of skin that look rigid and cracked become visible - she's obviously an earth genesai - garbed in heavy canvas pants, a thick buckskin shirt with a v-neck, and a heavy toolbelt full of measuring implements and small tools.

    As you approach, you smell the oil of the animal's harness, the dust and wood of the wagon and the equipment in it, and a faint, pleasant earthy smell coming from the woman.

    "These are them, motley, rough-looking, and plenty of men," the officer says, winking at the last bit. "I'll leave you to them."

    The earth genesai smiles and nods, sizing up the party, her glance lingering longer on the men. "Welcome, my name is Master Mason Michelle Maystone Mason. You can call me Mason, or Master, if you prefer. As you probably know, we're heading out to repair a tower, Southpoint Tower if you're curious. I hope none of you are too excited for action, 'cause this is most likely going to be a nice ride through the country. Of course, if you must have action..." Her eyes linger on Gurk for a second and she smiles.

    "Anyway, if anyone has any questions before we head out, we have a bit of time while that last of our supplies are delivered..."
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Thursday, 21st October, 2010 at 07:18 AM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    Kaz bows to the woman. This one is honored to be chosen as your guard. Question, would it be possible for Kaz to ride undercover in the wagon? It would allow this one to better protect the people and the cargo. As Kaz is trainer in the ways of shadow it would allow this one to get much surprise on potential attackers.

    ooc

    I changed the speech to italics to differentiate it from Mason. If you rather I change the color or whatever let me know. (I also makes him sound like he has an accent too)

    Kaz has high stealth, if he hid in the cart he could get a surprise round. However he has high perception too, so it might be better for him to stay out and spot baddies.

    Here is Kaz's character sheet.

    I don't have a specific picture picked out yet, but you can use this one if it crops OK.

    Also I have a character builder file, but it is not the newest version (I don't have DDI) so I'm not sure it it would be compatible with yours, also how should I host it/send it to you?

    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #3
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336

    Ignore Xeterog
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post
    The Rerisen Tower


    Rules
    Presumably everyone knows the basic rules. I use Mal's ubiquitous combat rules, prefer mechanical/ooc things to be in [ sblock ][ /sblock ]s, etc. If I do skill challenges, they're usually Stalker0's Obsidian style. There's probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
    ooc
    I think I know, but this is the 1st PbP action for me, so you may want to go over it (or just email me the info). I think I read the combat rules in another thread--basically it's all the party goes, then all the monsters (or monsters 1st then the party, depending on init)..except for the 1st round where some party members can go before the monsters and others go after. Your action happens when you post, so you could go last one round and 1st the next round (after the monsters go, of course).

    I have a CB file, one thing I could not figure out how to do (yet) is add just 1 to endurance checks for my background. For Character portrait, just use M_Dwarf8.png from the character builder--that works well for this PC.


    Fredrock approaches the Master Mason, "Greetings Mason, I'm Fredrock Hammersmith. Will we be staying at the tower while the craftsmen do their work, or is this just an escort mission to get them there? Also, if the craftmen need any help, I offer my services--I used to work in my father's smithy back in the Sanctuary."

    Fredrock

    Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 1
    Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19
    Init -1, Speed:5
    AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16
    HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
    Action Points: 1/1, Power points 2/2
    Powers-
    Battlemind Demand,
    Mind Spike,
    Blurred Step,
    Bull's Strength,
    Iron Fist
    Battle Resilience,
    Second Wind
    Aspect of Elevated Harmony

    Fredrock.dnd4e
    Last edited by Xeterog; Saturday, 19th June, 2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: attach CB file, minor formating changes
    -Xeterog

  • #4
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    Livia follows the others over to the wagon. "Livia," she says shortly by way of introduction, and then wanders around looking at the animals and equipment.

    ooc rule question
    One of my at-wills, Elemental Spirits, is potentially a problem with Mal's rules (because it's not real AoE and the damage depends on people's beginning their turns next to the target, there's potential for the target to always move away before anyone takes any damage). Is there some way to fix this?

    Also I'd like to know whether I can shoot an immobile object with elemental spirits and have it affect adjacent targets that way. (Or even shoot a minion with it and have the dead body affect adjacent targets.)

    Livia statblock
    Livia Female Human Seeker 3
    Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
    AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:16, Will:17
    HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Biting Swarm
    Elemental Spirits
    Grappling Spirits
    Agile Recovery

    Inevitable Shot
    Encaging Spirits
    Possessing Spirits
    Escaping Shot
    Second Wind
    Rebounding Greatbow

    Swarming Bats

    Basic ranged attacks: Biting Swarm +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target and adjacent enemies take -2 penalty to attack until start of my next turn; Grappling Spirits +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target is slowed and can't shift until the end of its next turn.

    Conditions:

    Full sheet: Livia

    picture
    picture The face in the second picture down will do (doesn't look anything like her, but the bird mask at least gives the right impression)
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #5
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    ooc
    Also, who's the other warlord? And more importantly, can he or she grant ranged basic attacks?
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #6
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    ooc
    Once you have everyone's character sheet link, could you please edit the first post with links to them? It makes it easier looking up everyone's character sheet
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #7
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Kaz bows to the woman. This one is honored to be chosen as your guard. Question, would it be possible for Kaz to ride undercover in the wagon? It would allow this one to better protect the people and the cargo. As Kaz is trainer in the ways of shadow it would allow this one to get much surprise on potential attackers.


    "Well, I'd rather have you out in the open looking armed and dangerous - and sexy too, if you can manage it - than having you out of sight. Better a big sword you don't have to use than a knife you do have to, my mother always said. And I like big swords..."
    she grins.

    Fredrock approaches the Master Mason, "Greetings Mason, I'm Fredrock Hammersmith. Will we be staying at the tower while the craftsmen do their work, or is this just an escort mission to get them there? Also, if the craftmen need any help, I offer my services--I used to work in my father's smithy back in the Sanctuary."
    "It's mostly escorting, though we'll talk with the militia when we get there. Who knows, they might have more work for you. Supposedly all they found living there was some bats and pack of feral dogs, but no one's talked to them since they sent a rider back a week ago. Maybe they have some grand adventure for you to go on. I'd also be glad to have access to your services, I don't turn down that offer from men very often."

    She nods to Livia, then begins sorting through the equipment in the wagon and exchanging coarse banter with the craftsmen with her.

    Luinnar
    Italics in the same color is fine. Feel free to just post the summary (go to Manage -> Summary, and copy-paste it. It should be compatible.


    Xeterog
    I think you covered most of it. Feel free to ask any questions you have.


    Mewness
    I'll check out that power later, I'm about to go run my RL game. Also, not sure on the warlord. If I don't hear from them by Sunday night, I'll send a private message.


    OOC
    I'll be on occasionally in the next couple days, but I'm about to run my RL game and I have round to of the Iron DM challenge to do Sunday, so I won't be around much until Monday.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    ooc
    Subscribing
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #9
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    My communities:

    summary

    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
    Himura Kazuhira, level 1
    Elf, Avenger
    Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit

    FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 8.

    STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 8.


    AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
    HP: 28 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

    TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +5, Athletics +6, Perception +11, Stealth +10

    UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +2, Heal +4, History, Insight +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +6, Streetwise -1, Thievery +3

    FEATS
    Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Execution axe)

    POWERS
    Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
    Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Pursuit
    Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
    Avenger daily 1: Aspect of Might

    ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Execution axe, Arrows (30), Longbow, Holy Symbol
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #10
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852

    Ignore pacdidj
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post
    I hope none of you are too excited for action, 'cause this is most likely going to be a nice ride through the country.
    "Suits me, for true. Nothing like a nice walk in the country, eh?," says Yimayngurr, stretching out his arms and sniffing deeply to take in the rural smells of the outskirts of town.

    Yimayngurr actions and stats
    Move:

    Minor:

    Standard:

    statblock
    Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 2
    PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
    Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light Vision
    AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13
    HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/6
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+5 dmg
    Throw Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+7 dmg
    Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot, Begin the Hunt, Hungry Longspear
    Conditions:


    Yimayngurr pic


    CB summary
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Yimayngurr, level 2
    Half-Orc, Ranger
    Build: Hunter Ranger
    Fighting Style: Hunter Fighting Style
    Ranger: Running Attack
    Background: Geography - Wetlands (+2 to Nature)

    FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.

    STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.


    AC: 18 Fort: 16 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
    HP: 32 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 8

    TRAINED SKILLS
    Nature +10, Heal +8, Stealth +9, Perception +8, Endurance +7

    UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +4, Arcana +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +3, History +1, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Religion +1, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4, Athletics +6

    FEATS
    Level 1: Toughness
    Level 2: Hunting Spear Student

    POWERS
    Ranger at-will 1: Fading Strike
    Ranger at-will 1: Marauder's Rush
    Ranger encounter 1: Precise Assault
    Ranger daily 1: Sure Shot
    Ranger utility 2: Begin the Hunt

    ITEMS
    Belt Pouch (empty), Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Flint and Steel, Waterskin, Hungry Spear Longspear +1, Hide Armor, Trident, Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Hunter's Kit, Footpads, Camouflaged Clothing
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 66 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)
      By Iron Sky in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th July, 2010, 11:37 PM
    4. [IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)
      By el-remmen in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Thursday, 30th October, 2003, 01:06 PM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •