The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I think Yimayngurr was in the best position to take a basic attack for Vengeance is mine before his turn started.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]Go ahead and retcon if you'd like it was my mistake that had the map screwed up. Also, you didn't link your first attack roll. Use the same d20 attack rolls for your retconned attacks or reroll them all entirely...[/sblock]
[sblock=DM]Thanks for letting me know about the missing link ;). Duly noted and updated.

I think I'll let the move stand as it is. I've got no excuses. Eithal was labeled prone in the statblock and xeterog posted the error be for me. This'll just make things more interesting :). [/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Cleverusername]I think we're just waiting for Corvus' revised actions since you were already conscious at the start of your turn. That and waiting for someone to take the MBA that you granted.[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus' eyes open and he quickly stands up, his ribs aching where the hulk slammed into him. He begins talking to himself, giving words of encouragement.

With himself too far to make an effective strike, he says, "Livia, quickly, bring down the giant!" as she spots an opening for a quick strike at the foes.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry everyone for slowing things down... apparently I missed that

*Everyone remember my Bravura Presence when using an AP
Dang...wasted a natural 20

Move: Stand up
Minor: Inspiring Word on self - healing (1d6=1) heals for 7
Standard: Direct the strike - Livia attacks Hulk at J9 - vs ac; damage for Livia attacking hulk @ J9 (1d20+9=18, 1d12+7=11) hits for 11 & each enemy adjacent to it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of your next turn.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Bravura Presence]
Bravura Presence
Appears in Martial Power
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Corvus Raine Male Human Warlord 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:13/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/10
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Direct the Strike
Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike

Inspiring Word [1.2]
Vengeance is Mine
Battlefront Shift
Second Wind

Lamb to the Slaughter

Conditions:

Full sheet: Corvus[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'd be happy to take the MBA granted by Corvus. Couple of questions though:

1) Does the movement granted by Vengeance is Mine provoke OAs?

2) Did the raven swarms act before the hulks, and should I use the map as it stood then to make the MBA; or did all enemy actions take place simultaneously, and should I therefore use the map Iron Sky posted for the MBA?

3) Is it alright to retcon my turn? As posted above, my actions would be invalid if I took the movement and MBA. And if I do retcon, can I still use the same rolls?[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I understand that combat doesn't flow quite like a home game in Pbp. But
how do we account for others actions during our turn? I have been checking everyone that went before me to take into account their actions, but not everyone seems to do that.. For example, the Hulk that was in J9 is down before Corvus acts (both Livia and I did well over 36 damage to it--unless the 14 will didn't hit it :)...and even if not down yet, would be pushed back to I10. Do you just redirect the attack to hulk #2 if Hulk #3 was down at the time of the attack, does the attack get wasted, or does a new target need to be picked and rolled for?
(not trying to be difficult, just my 1st PbP game, so I'm learning..)

Note: if Yimayngurr goes to attack the swarm, he'll end up in my blast. Plus melee attack would do half damage (damage is damage tho...)

[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I understand that combat doesn't flow quite like a home game in Pbp. But
how do we account for others actions during our turn? I have been checking everyone that went before me to take into account their actions, but not everyone seems to do that.. For example, the Hulk that was in J9 is down before Corvus acts (both Livia and I did well over 36 damage to it--unless the 14 will didn't hit it :)...and even if not down yet, would be pushed back to I10. Do you just redirect the attack to hulk #2 if Hulk #3 was down at the time of the attack, does the attack get wasted, or does a new target need to be picked and rolled for?
(not trying to be difficult, just my 1st PbP game, so I'm learning..)

Note: if Yimayngurr goes to attack the swarm, he'll end up in my blast. Plus melee attack would do half damage (damage is damage tho...)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Maybe we could use a tool like Ditzie for our mapping needs. It lets everyone update the map, rather than just the DM, so that issues like these could be avoided.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]How I'm doing it now worked ok with 5 people, but I'm seeing that with 7 and 15 enemies, it's going to be a headache. I'll port this over to virtual battlemat tonight when I have more time and we'll get all this figured out.

As for targeting, if the enemy you were going for was dead and there's another valid target in range, go ahead and just switch it to them. If you have to retcon everything about your turn, then just reroll to keep it simple.

Be sure to look at the Combatants sblock for both you and your targets on every turn to avoid the sort of snagles we're running into now. They'll hopefully go away somewhat once we have the Virtual Battlemat up...[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Virtual Battlemat]Ok, I have the battle up here. You'll need to go and create an account if you don't have one already, then I think there's button to ask to join the game.

A note on Virtual Battlemat: Be careful where you click since you can move any icon on the map. I'm going to try using the status-effect Icons I just made, so if you move yourself or an enemy with status effects, move your icon first, then the status effects, since whatever was moved last is on top.

Something that I just found out that is useful: when you move an icon you just click on it once to select it. Once it's selected, wherever you click is where the center of the icon will go, regardless of where you clicked on the icon when you selected it. Hope that makes sense to everyone.

I'm in the midst of updating the stuff from last round, if something that happened didn't make sense, I'll have your character do the closest thing to what you were trying that makes sense.

Get registered and join-requested as soon as you can so we can keep going from the new map.[/sblock]

Remove ads