The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Mewness

First Post
On the third watch...

Livia attempts to point out what she sees to Corvus and Gurk if they don't also see it, but it is never there long enough. Anyone who tells her that she might be seeing things is met with a extremely nasty glare.

[sblock=Insight what?]Passive perception good enough; insight 1d20+5=7.[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus listens to the scouting report from Livia, having learned it was never wise to doubt an allies instincts, even if he couldn't see anything amiss yet.

[sblock=ooc]
Can we look at the hidden information if Livia tells Corvus? [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
During the second watch...

Fredroc, this one sees something over there. Kaz whispers. See the glowing of eyes in bushes? Smell that smell like that of rotting meat? Do you see and smell it too?

[sblock=ooc]
Fredrock get +1 to perception because of elf racial ability (assuming he is in 5 squares of Kaz).

Passive Perception =21.

Other rolls fail.[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
"It must have moved away, as I see nothing now." Fredrock replies, sniffing at the air with a frown. "Probably just some wolves that have recently eaten.", Fredrock rationalizes what they have seen and smelled.

[sblock=ooc]My PC is not trained in Perception, can I assist (or be assisted by) the other PC on watch? I didn't think of assisting before the shift, so if I can do so, I will on future watches.

Passive perception is only 14 (need 18), so I roll (did this in the reverse order, but they are named so should be ok) Perception (1d20+4=24) and do see the eyes. oh, that would be +1 for the elf racial ability, so 25.

Unless I get some bonus from Kaz pointing out the eyes and smell, I fail the passive Nature and Insight checks by 1. If I can choose to roll, I'll do so and here are the rolls, which fail as well: Nature then Insight (1d20+4=6, 1d20+9=16)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The next morning is bright and sunny, morning dew glistening on the grass and glinting on spiderwebs in the trees. Mason and the craftsmen awaken and begin breaking camp, making breakfast, and harnessing the horses to the wagon.

"I see we weren't killed in the night by bandits," Mason says, grinning. "Maybe I didn't need to hire you lot after all. Everyone sleep well?"

She glances at Yimayngurr. "I was wondering who was making that racket. Almost got up to see what was going on, but then it stopped. Stinky crows you say? Strange."

Breakfast is ready about the time everyone is all packed and ready to go. Everyone is handed a wooden trencher full of eggs, bacon, cheese, and bread, along with a mug of cool, rich ale to eat on the road.

[sblock=Perception, Insight, or Nature 18]The horses seem a bit uneasy, jumping at small sounds, their ears flicking back and forth warily.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cleverusername]You can't read the blocks, you have to rely on your companions telling you what they saw.[/sblock]

[sblock=Assisting on checks]Didn't they just change the assisting rules in the DM2 or 3 or something? I thought it was based on level now? Regardless, what happens in these instances is over quickly enough that no one has time to assist each other.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Assisting on checks]Didn't they just change the assisting rules in the DM2 or 3 or something? I thought it was based on level now? Regardless, what happens in these instances is over quickly enough that no one has time to assist each other.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]It was changed during the recent rules update. The DC to assist someone else is now 10 + 1/2 your level. Failure now results in a -1 to the check being assisted.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"Nice night, eh?," Yimayngurr declares on waking up the next morning, having apparently slept his off shift time on the hard ground nearest the campfire, "Except for those smelly crows. Just sat there in that tree, watching me like. Not making any sound. Not natural, for true. Gave me the willies. Tried ta shoo em off with me spear. Bangin' it up against the tree," he says, miming a two-handed swing of the haft of his spear into a tree trunk. "Nasty blighters. Bawamirri. Like, maybe crazy. Wouldn't leave me'n Eithal alone."

Livia frowns. "I saw someone standing in the camp, right in the middle here. All black, like Corvus in that ridiculous armor--but Corvus was right beside me and couldn't see him. And this someone vanished whenever I tried to get a better look. I only saw him a few times and then he didn't come back. I don't know this land. Do such things normally happen here?"

[sblock=ooc]Edit: Livia will examine the spot where she saw the figure to see whether there are any foot impressions, but I'm assuming she doesn't find any.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz goes up to the horses, noticing a change in behavior. Hush. Calm down, Kazuhira will protect you. Kaz says, trying to sooth them.

The horses seem restless, something was here in the night. We should tread carefully.
Kaz says to the group.

[sblock=ooc]
Passive perception = 21

Nature= 15 roll. To calm the horses.
[/sblock]

Livia frowns. "I saw someone standing in the camp, right in the middle here. All black, like Corvus in that ridiculous armor--but Corvus was right beside me and couldn't see him. And this someone vanished whenever I tried to get a better look. I only saw him a few times and then he didn't come back. I don't know this land. Do such things normally happen here?
Has an Oni been following us? I wonder... Kaz shakes his head. Dark times it will be if we have an Oni on our tracks.

Xeterog

Explorer
Kaz goes up to the horses, noticing a change in behavior. Hush. Calm down, Kazuhira will protect you. Kaz says, trying to sooth them.

The horses seem restless, something was here in the night. We should tread carefully.
Kaz says to the group.

"Yea those wolves, or whatever it was last night, seems to have upset them some.", Fredrock says as he brings some food and water to help Kaz with the horses.

[sblock=ooc]
Passive insight 18

Passive Nature of 14 to help with the horses..(dc 12 to assist..I'm unclear if I can use passive to assist or not, so here is the roll if one is needed.
nature to assist Kaz (DC12 to assist) (1d20+4=22)

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
During the first watch with Yim...

Eithal watches with a wistful naivete as the crows light on the branch, and then notices something amiss, "Hey Yimmy," she whispers, "That ain't riyaht." She draws her axed to do a little mid-night bird hunting, but the carrion eaters fly away before she can take a good swing at them.

Yimayngurr nods his agreement.

The next morning when the horses are stamping, she walks over to Kaz, "Thows crows Yimmy saw wahn't natrul. Ah saw'em tew. Thay wah witched oah somthin'"

[sblock=Translation]"Those crows Yimayngurr saw weren't natural. I saw them too. They were bewitched or something."[/sblock][sblock=OOC]This multiple-rounds-a-day thing is OK out of combat, but should combat begin, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. I've got an 8-to-5 job where I can't use the computer for personal stuff.

Am I going to be a bother if I can only be relied on to post once a day (though on occasion I may get around to two)?

Weekends, I can get up to three or four.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases