The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=summary]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Himura Kazuhira, level 1
Elf, Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 28 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +5, Athletics +6, Perception +11, Stealth +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +2, Heal +4, History, Insight +4, Intimidate -1, Nature +6, Streetwise -1, Thievery +3

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Execution axe)

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Pursuit
Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
Avenger daily 1: Aspect of Might

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Execution axe, Arrows (30), Longbow, Holy Symbol
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
I added + 2 to stealth because of Kaz's background, it would be 8 without it. I don't have backgrounds chooseable in my version of the builder.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=ooc rule question]One of my at-wills, Elemental Spirits, is potentially a problem with Mal's rules (because it's not real AoE and the damage depends on people's beginning their turns next to the target, there's potential for the target to always move away before anyone takes any damage). Is there some way to fix this?

Also I'd like to know whether I can shoot an immobile object with elemental spirits and have it affect adjacent targets that way. (Or even shoot a minion with it and have the dead body affect adjacent targets.)[/sblock]

[sblock=Mewness]I have all the monsters go in order of their initiative bonuses, so there is a set order they go in. Should make Elemental Spirits work. Also, you can only target objects with powers that say "one object". There aren't many of them (Force Orb is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).[/sblock]

[sblock=Another Rule, Stunts, Action Points]I'm pretty flexible on stunts and skill challenges. If you can justify a skill for a skill challenge or stunt, I'll probably go with it.

For stunts, just say what you want to do(fluff and rough mechanical idea) and which skill you want to use, then roll the skill. I'll set a DC based on what you are trying to do, then let you know what type of attack and damage rolls to make and final mechanical effects of the stunt if successful. I'll often let you use the skill most related to your power source if you want to do something using your powers. Ex: Arcane characters can use arcana, primal characters can use nature, martial athletics, etc. I'm pretty flexible.

I also just added a new houserule in my RL game that I'm going to add here too: you can use an Action Point to reroll a skill check, in or out of combat. It already is a rule by default in the Obsidian Skill Challenge system, I'm just making it universal for skills.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Gurk Gutstomper

Gurk shakes as he bellows with laughter. "It will be peaceful stroll but you hire all of us? HA HA HA! You may be expert mason, but horrible liar!"

[sblock=CB Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Gurk Gutstomper, level 1
Half-Orc, Monk
Monastic Tradition: Stone Fist
Background: Wandering Duelist (Wandering Duelist Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 20, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 12, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
HP: 24 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Intimidate +10, Acrobatics +10, Endurance +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana -1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History -1, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion -1, Stealth +5, Streetwise, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 1: Thirst for Battle

POWERS
Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
Monk at-will 1: Five Storms
Monk encounter 1: Open the Gate of Battle
Monk daily 1: Spinning Leopard Maneuver

ITEMS
Monk Unarmed Strike, Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======[/sblock]

[sblock=image]Gurk's Image[/sblock]

[sblock=Summary]Gurk Gutstomper Male Half-Orc Monk 1
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Open the Gate of Battle

Spinning Leopard Maneuver

Basic: Monk Unarmed Strike - +6 vs AC; 1d8+3[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal turns to Yimayngurr and whispers, "Easih money honey," as she gives him a sly wink.

She moves toward the front of the caravan taking up a point position, not bothering to ask any questions. She figures she'll learn enough as thing get going.

She smiles politely to the Genasi woman as she passes by, nodding courteously.

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus is far behind the others as they moved forward, the man hadn't worn his armor in town, too hot and heavy to wear the scaled armor all day. Not sure how the others managed it, but he wasn't a spring chicken anymore and couldn't bear it all day. Corvus thought with a smile, "Probably get attacked by these heroes on sight too" as he went to his horse and begun the arduous process of strapping on the various pieces of armor.

***** Some time later *****

As you are all milling about, a heavily armored figure walks down the streets, the citizens of Daunton giving him wide berth. He's like something out of a child's nightmare, a suit of armor concealed his body from head-to-toe, midnight black steel, with thick plates of bone that gleamed as if polished to a shine. From small spines of bone on his shoulders hung a heavy cloak of royal purple. Atop it all, a helm of bone, a skull bound in iron bands. Nothing human showed through the grim facade, nothing peered from the gaping black holes of the mask.

"Are we ready to go?" the warlord asks.

[sblock=Summary]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 1
Human, Warlord
Warlord: Battlefront Leader
Commanding Presence: Bravura Presence
Background: Occupation - Mariner (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +5, Intimidate +8, Diplomacy +8, Athletics +7, Endurance +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Arcana -1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering, Heal, History -1, Insight, Nature, Religion -1, Stealth -1, Streetwise +3, Thievery -1

FEATS
Human: Armored Warlord
Level 1: Harlequin Style

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Brash Assault
Warlord at-will 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord at-will 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord encounter 1: Vengeance is Mine
Warlord daily 1: Lamb to the Slaughter

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
[/sblock]

[sblock=sheet]
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Corvus_Raine_(Cleverusername)

There's a picture there you can use [/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
After wandering around for a bit, her silence broken only by a mirthless laugh at Gurk's remark, Livia returns to speak to the genasi woman. "I don't know the area at all well," she says flatly. "What kind of terrain are we going to be passing through?"

She turns around as Corvus approaches in his astonishingly sinister armor. After a startled pause, she glares at him and says angrily, "Come back later! We're not ready to be attacked yet!"

[sblock=nature check]Livia will try to predict what the weather is going to be like on the journey. Nature 1d20+10=30. I have critically hit the weather. That'll learn it.[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus removes the skull-helm from atop his head and sweat already covers his forehead, "Gods, I forgot how damn hot this thing was. Can't believe I used to wear this all the time. Oh...yeah... the whole skull thing, we were trying to intimidate, or at least confuse, the Oni with this look...it didn't work, but we sure as hell scared a lot of civilians." the warlord says, as he stares at the helm, holding it up in front of his face.

Luinnar

First Post
Corvus removes the skull-helm from atop his head and sweat already covers his forehead, "Gods, I forgot how damn hot this thing was. Can't believe I used to wear this all the time. Oh...yeah... the whole skull thing, we were trying to intimidate, or at least confuse, the Oni with this look...it didn't work, but we sure as hell scared a lot of civilians." the warlord says, as he stares at the helm, holding it up in front of his face.
A wise one once said "Those who have a face only a mother could love, fear not the masks of others". Kaz says smiling,

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Gurk shakes as he bellows with laughter. "It will be peaceful stroll but you hire all of us? HA HA HA! You may be expert mason, but horrible liar!"
The Master Mason turns towards Gurk with a flat expression. "The Mayor told me he'd already sent twenty militia down this road a week-and-a-half ago and the way was safe. If I could have gotten militia to do it, they would be and you wouldn't be here hassling me. I'll be paying you out of my own pocket because I'm not willing to bet the lives of myself and my people on what the militia did almost two weeks ago."

Mason nods to Eithal in return. "Nice to see another strong woman around, help keep these men... and half-orcs in line."

She looks at Corvus. "That getup should make any bandits think twice. We'll be sure to put you up front. We'll be heading out shortly, the last of the supplies should be here any time, ah, here they are now!"

She directs her people in loading up a couple boxes a pair of burly porters just hauled up. "It's mostly grassland for the first day or so. The second day we get into some forested hills, cross a couple small rivers. Hopefully the bridges haven't been washed out - I'm guessing not since the militia got through ok. Last bit is going to be a bit rough with the wagon, gets rocky and the roads are bad on the last bit towards the tower."

With that, the group gets underway, heading out along the road under a beautiful sunny sky and a light wind. It smells of flowers and grass, skin warmed by the sunlight, cooled by the breeze. The first stretch is heavily populated farm land with good roads. The group makes rapid progress, though its slowed when passing through villages as people come out to stare, cheer, try to sell things, or some combination of the three. After leaving most of the civilized area around Daunton, the roads stay pretty good, the weather is incredible, and everyone seems to be relaxed, happy, and talkative, Mason exchanging innuendo-laden banter with anyone who cares to step up and the craftsmen telling coarse jokes and stories that fill the time.

[sblock=Livia]Weather looks like it's going to be pleasant for the rest of today, probably tomorrow too. After that, looks like a bit of rain might be coming in.[/sblock]

[sblock=Onward!]I think that's everyone posted so we're under way. Feel free to RP what you're doing during the first day, we'll get on with the more eventful bits tomorrow when I'm done Iron DMing.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz stays a little behind the cart. He keeps his eyes and ears open for trouble, but also pays attention to the surrounding conversations and landscape. This land is fairly new to him, and the people are more outgoing and outspoken than he is used to. Even though they are fairly strange to him, all people still must be protected against the forces of chaos.

Remove ads