The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

pacdidj

First Post
"More smelly bones comin' ta take a bite o' me, eh? We'll see about that!" Yimayngurr steps into the open, taking a careful bead upon the now badly damaged hulk. He then darts directly in front of the shambling undead, and thrusts his longspear to its full length.

[sblock="Yimayngurr actions and stats"]Move: Shift to E9

Minor: Quarry the Hulk at G11

Standard: :melee:Precise Assault vs. Hulk at G11, moving to G9 via F9, using quarry damage = 18 vs. AC; 29 damage if a hit (roll)

[sblock=statblock]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 2
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+5 dmg
:branged:Throw Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+7 dmg
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot, Begin the Hunt, Hungry Longspear
Conditions:[/sblock][/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Rerisen Dead]You now know they are minions.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rerisen Hulk]The one in G11 is down.[/sblock]

[sblock=Iron DM Challenge]I'm going to busy with that most of today probably, so no update until sometime tomorrow (I think H.M. is the only one who needs to go yet).[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around this weekend (July 3-5) or next (8-11), or two weekends after that (22-26). Feel free to NPC my character as needed during those absences.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=I am soooo sorry]RL killed me with surprises this week, and I've barely been able to post in the game I'm DMing. Thanks IS for posting for Eithal[/sblock]"Y'all gayet the beyig fellahs. Ah'll hayandall the icky-little thin's." Eithal turns to face the undead minions popping out of the woods. She attempts to harry them into a group, but her efforts manage only to irritate them.[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to J3
Standard: Grasping Winds
Target: Minion at I2
Attack: 1d20+9=11 vs. AC MISS! damage[/sblock] [sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 1
Initiative: +1
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
HP: 42/42; Bloodied: 21; Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1
Powers
Strength of Stone
Thorn Strike
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Grasping Winds
Strength of Stone
Relentless Panther Attack

Warden’s Tempest
Form of the Relentless Panther
Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]
[sblock=More 'bad' news]I'm also going to be incommunicado from July 2nd until the 10th. Apologies.

IS: Please feel free to RP Eithal or assign her to an active player. I'll have my CS updated by then hopefully. In any case, please refer to the math for skill values. The power descriptions in the summary should be accurate.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Foul creatures of chaos. This one vows to bring you back to your eternal rest. Kaz says speeding over to the large undead . With suprising speed and accuracy Kaz takes his giant axe and slices it through his undead foe, lopping off an arm.

They are everywhere!, Fredrock yells as he pushes the Rerisen back, then moves to stop the Hulks from approaching Livia. Let's see what you got big one. Fredrock challenges the closest Hulk.

As the enemies appear, Corvus' time spent in combat allowed him that split second of a faster reaction and he detached himself from the corpses near him. He took a moment to assess the situation, surround on all sides by unknown assailants, appeared to be undead and the group without much divine protection against them.

"Shat" the warlord muttered, and saw Livia's bow ready while his watch partner looked for a target, "Livia! Lock down the targets on the bridge, give me some cover while I move up" he shouts, and his ally's arrow strikes a minor blow that distracts all the enemies.

Seeing Kaz in a vulnerable position, Corvus moves towards the bridge in an effort to help secure that flank.

Livia obeys Corvus unthinkingly, shooting an arrow into one of the figures on the bridge. She then whirls around and fires into a cloud of ravens.

With the enemies quickly upon them, Gurk lashes out with a flurry of fists all around him. He finishes the attack with one powerful punch and then quickly moves away, hoping to draw more enemies to him.

"Gurk make dead things dead things once more!"

Both of the dead fall as Gurk strikes.

"More smelly bones comin' ta take a bite o' me, eh? We'll see about that!" Yimayngurr steps into the open, taking a careful bead upon the now badly damaged hulk. He then darts directly in front of the shambling undead, and thrusts his longspear to its full length, the spear going straight through its chest and dropping to the creaking bridge planks.

"Y'all gayet the beyig fellahs. Ah'll hayandall the icky-little thin's." Eithal turns to face the undead minions popping out of the woods. She attempts to harry them into a group, but her efforts manage only to irritate them.

---

Moans arise from the dead all around. Horrifyingly, the Hulk that Kaz and Yim dispatched stirs back to life and rise again, as do the two that Gurk dropped. The one the Fedrock struck stays down.

Swarms of rotting ravens swirl between Eithal and Fedrock, tearing into the goliath. The ones from across the river swarm Kaz and Corvus as well.

The rerisen villagers flail at Gurk, triggering well-honed monkish reflexes that parry the clumsy attempts to hit him. Fedrock likewise fends off the ones attacking him, though one manages to connect with Eithal, almost knocking her into the watery pit.

The hulks lash out at Corvus, one of them biting him in the neck and then throwing him backwards, sending the warlord flying over Livia to land heavily on the ground, unmoving.

The fight is a hazy blur of flailing limbs, the bright crimson blood of the party and the blackish, foul fluids that run through the Rerisen dead, the silent wingbeats of the ravens and the scribbling and scratching of their claws on armor - all muffled slightly by the mist giving the whole combat a surreal quality.

[sblock=Xeterog]Battlemind's Demand is Close Burst 3 and the Hulk was 8 squares away, so Fedrock was 5 squares too far away to mark it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cleverusername]Feel free to roll your encounter power against either of the enemies that hit (crit) you. Amazing how the dice work, 4 attacks vs Gurk, all miss, 2 attacks vs Corvus, both crits...[/sblock]

[sblock=I forgot to mention earlier]Thanks to your successes on the pre-combat skill checks, none of the enemy started combat hidden, you all had time to ready your weapons, and the enemy got no surprise round.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: Move to K3, 1 square up. Beaks and Talons: Melee attack vs Eithal, 25 AC, hit, for 8 damage and 2 necrotic damage.
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: Move to L15, Charge to K11, 1 square up. Beaks and Talons: Crit vs Corvus, for 8 damage and 4 necrotic damage.
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: Move to D15, Charge to E11, 1 square up. Beaks and Talons: 19 AC vs Kaz, hit, for 8 damage and 2 necrotic damage.

Rerisen Dead 1: Slam: 11 AC vs Gurk, miss.
Rerisen Dead 2: Stand up (dazed)
Rerisen Dead 3: Move to D3, Slam: 11 AC vs Gurk, miss.
Rerisen Dead 4: Slam: 15 AC vs Eithal, miss
Rerisen Dead 6: Charge to M4, Slam: 9 AC vs Fedrock, miss.
Rerisen Dead 7: Charge to M3, Slam: 17 AC vs Fedrock, miss.
Rerisen Dead 8: Move to J2, Slam: 26 AC vs Eithal, hit for 5 damage and push 1. Eithal's save vs falling into the tower pit: 1d20+2=15, no fall, prone.
Rerisen Dead 9: Slam: 16 AC vs Gurk, miss.
Rerisen Dead 10: Slam: 12 AC vs Eithal, miss.
Rerisen Dead 11: Stand up (dazed)
Rerisen Dead 12: Charge to C3, Slam: 14 AC vs Gurk, miss.

Rerisen Hulk 1: Stand up (dazed)
Rerisen Hulk 2: Move to I10, Slam: 9 AC vs Corvus, miss
Rerisen Hulk 3: Slam: Crit vs Corvus, 15 damage and push 2, move to J9.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Gurk: C4
Livia: K9
Yimanyngurr: G9
Eithal: J3, 15 damage taken, prone
Corvus: L8, 27 damage taken, bloodied, dying, prone, unconscious
Kaz: F10, 10 damage taken, +2 speed, +2 damage
Fedrock: L3

Rerisen Dead 1: B3
Rerisen Dead 2: C5
Rerisen Dead 3: E2, dazed
Rerisen Dead 4: I2
Rerisen Dead 5: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 6: M4
Rerisen Dead 7: M3
Rerisen Dead 8: J2
Rerisen Dead 9: B5
Rerisen Dead 10: J4
Rerisen Dead 11: G1, dazed
Rerisen Dead 12: C3
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Rerisen Hulk 1
: G11, 35 damage taken, bloodied, dazed
Rerisen Hulk 2: I10
Rerisen Hulk 3: J9
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: K3, Swarm, 1 square up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: D20, Swarm, 1 square up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: L20, Swarm, 1 square up
Rerisen Raven Swarm: AC 16. Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable to Burst and Blast attacks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rerisen Raven Swarm Aura]Any creature that ends their turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Minor Action; Religion 18(rolled) or Arcana 20(rolled)]These undead were raised by extremely powerful necromancy. Some need to be dispatched multiple times to stay dead, though a particularly solid hit (crit) or radiant damage would probably put them down for good without the risk of them rising again.[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefield Information, (don't forget the Mist ranged attackers)]The broken tower falls 10 feet into water, anyone who falls in takes 1d6 damage, though what's left of the wall gives +2 to saving throws against falling in. The walls of the pit are DC 18 to climb.

Trees: Squares with green trees are difficult terrain, as are those with bare rock(at the north end of the map and near the bridge). The brown trees near the left-center have no effect.

Mist: Anything more than 5 squares away has concealment(-2 to attack)[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
BridgeRound2.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
[sblock=missed move]
did you miss my move to K8 before challenging Hulk#3?

Move Action: Move L4-L5-L6-L7-K8

Minor Action; :close:Battlemind Demand (close burst 3), marking Zombie Hulk in I11 (#3)

I'll wait to do my turn to see if I'm there or not.
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Gurk is enjoying the battle and feeling a sense of invincibility as he deflects the lumbering attack of the dead things.

Gurk lashes out with yet another flurry of strikes, hoping to take down those that have come to fight him.

"Graaaah!"

All the dead quickly fall before his might.

Perhaps he doesn't realize the dead are rising again, or perhaps he doesn't care. Seeing an ally in trouble, Gurk rushes to front line. He throws his body into the air and sweeps his foot forward.

Unfortunately he is a little too eager and overshoots his mark.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Five Storms - CB 1 (B3 vs Ref, B5 vs Ref, C3 vs Ref, C5 vs Ref) (1d20+5=20, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=20)

Move: I8

Action Point: Open the Gate of Battle + Furious Assault (J9 vs Ref) (1d20+5=8, 3d10+1d8+5=24)

Furious Assault not used on miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Gurk Gutstomper Male Half-Orc Monk 1
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:21/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/9
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Crane's Wings
Five Storms
Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Open the Gate of Battle

Spinning Leopard Maneuver

Basic Melee: Monk Unarmed Strike - +6 vs AC; 1d8+3
Basic Ranged: Shuriken - +8 vs AC; 1d4+5 [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Awlrayaht! Y'all hold steeyill!" Steeling herself against the cloud of carrion-eating, foul fowl, she swings her axe up from the ground in a massive arc that manages to knock more than a few of the birds senseless. Her anger provoked, she begins to breath harder. As she does, her face changes to take on the form of an enraged (albeit blonde) panther. Unfortunately, the change in her countenance doesn't help her focus, seeing as her follow-up swing hits nothing but the air.[sblock=Actions]Free: Mark all adjacent (I2, J2, J4, K3)
Standard: Strength of Stone
Target: Raven Swarm
Attack: 1d20+9-2(prone)=26 vs. AC for 1d12+6=12 damage
Minor: FOTRP
Minor: Stone's Endurance (Resist 5 all UEONT)
AP: FOTRP Attack
Target: Raven Swarm
Attack: 1d20+9+1(FOTRP)=14 vs. AC Miss! I thought for a minute that Fredrock was flanking, but alas.

Total Damage: 12 points! (couldabeen more :()
[/sblock] [sblock=Ministats]
Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 1
Initiative: +1
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
Resist 5 All UEONT

HP: 27/42 + 4thp; Bloodied: 21; Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 0
Powers
Strength of Stone
Thorn Strike
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Grasping Winds
Strength of Stone
Relentless Panther Attack
Warden’s Tempest
Form of the Relentless Panther
Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=xeterog]Yeah, I just looked at the retconed post and missed the move. He should have been in K8 instead. He's there and the enemy is marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=Luinnar]It did die, then was brought back, so he's no longer got your oath on him.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases