The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Fredrock silently crushes the last hulk, then shifts back from the bridge, but staying close to the Raven swarm.

Livia fires a shot into the middle of a cloud of ravens. Although only a single bird falls, the rest of the group's flying becomes strangely erratic.

Letting his comrades take care of the other swarm Kaz turns his attention to the one cloest to him. I shall bring you to your eternal rest, abomination against Mireva! Kaz says slashing the ravens with his giant axe.

Gurk sees the swarm of ravens fluttering about him, but decides that a greater challenge lies closer to the tower. Abandoning his own defense, he lauches himself over the fallen tower and towards the gathering of enemies.

Gurk easily completes the jump, landing in the middle of all his enemies. Though he has been fighting for some time now, he attack with the same fervor as before. As he does so he makes up a little tune.

"Smash their heads!, Smash their heads!
Smash their head and make them deaaaaaad...
Again!"

Whirling death by foot and fists lashes out in all directions. He drops all the undead except one that manages to stumble out of his way. He begins pummeling the birds one by one, attempting to grab a few out of the air with his bare hands, twisting their necks and tossing them casually aside.

With one final effort he lunges in the direction of the last of the risen dead, crushing its chest with a mighty blow.

Corvus quickly steps away from the zombies closest to him, his arm throbbing in pain from the undead assault. He looks over his shoulder and Livia's presence brings some renewed vigor to the aged warrior. "C'mon Livia, let's finish them off" he points his blade at a weak spot in one of the closest zombies.

Once again her arrow flies true.

Catching his longspear as it returns to him, Yimayngurr paces back away from the swarm of "smelly crows" to set up a running attack. He then charges forward with a wild cry, impaling more of the flying carrion-eating carrion on the shaft of the lion-headed weapon.

Eithal stands up and, finding all the dead around Gurk lying in the dirt, charges into the swarm of ravens. Unfortunately she's only able to kill a couple of them as they claw and peck at her.

---

The Swarms tear into Eithal and Gurk, a few diving and clawing at Kaz. Two rerisen dead charge at Yim, but he avoids them easily, while the three that come back after Gurk hammered into them paw feebly at Eithal and Gurk's feet.

Meanwhile, the last hulk just won't stay dead, rising up again after Fredrock dropped it again.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: Feasting Ravens: Shift through Eithal and Gurk, 17 AC vs Eithal, hit, 8 damage, 21 AC vs Gurk, hit, 5 damage, end 1 square above J3.
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: Rerise, "stand up"
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: Feasting Ravens: Shift through Fredrock and Kaz's squares, 16 AC vs Fredrock, miss, 24 AC vs Kaz, hit, 5 damage, end 1 square above H10.

Rerisen Dead 1: Move to D6, charge to E8, Slam: automatic miss vs Yim.
Rerisen Dead 2: Charge to D8, Slam: 13 AC vs Yim, miss.
Rerisen Dead 3: Rerise, Slam(-2 for prone): 10 AC vs Gurk, miss
Rerisen Dead 7: Take 3 damage and go down.
Rerisen Dead 8: Rerise, Slam(-2 for prone): 7 AC vs Eithal, miss
Rerisen Dead 11: Rerise, Slam(-2 for prone): 6 AC vs Gurk

Rerisen Hulk 2: Rerise, stand up[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Gurk: I8, 5 damage taken
Livia: O7
Yimanyngurr: B9
Eithal: M3, 30 damage taken, bloodied
Corvus: M9, 8 damage taken
Kaz: G10, 15 damage taken, bloodied, +2 speed, +2 damage
Fedrock: I10, 4 damage taken, 4 DR

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: J3, 1 square up, 17 damage taken, bloodied, Marked(Eithal)
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: E11, 33 damage taken, bloodied, dazed
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: H10, 1 square up, 21 damage taken, bloodied, Marked Fredrock
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 max hp, AC 16, Reflex 14, Swarm, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast, Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable 5 to Burst and Blast attacks.

Rerisen Dead 1: E8
Rerisen Dead 2: D8
Rerisen Dead 3: I3, prone, dazed
Rerisen Dead 4: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 5: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 6: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 7: L7, -Dead?-
Rerisen Dead 8: K3, prone, dazed
Rerisen Dead 9: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 10: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 11: K5, prone, dazed
Rerisen Dead 12: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Rerisen Hulk 1
: -Dead-
Rerisen Hulk 2: I11, 35 damage taken, bloodied, dazed
Rerisen Hulk 3: -Dead-
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15, Will 12, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rerisen Raven Swarm Aura]Any creature that ends their turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefield Information, (don't forget the Mist ranged attackers)]The broken tower falls 10 feet into water, anyone who falls in takes 1d6 damage, though what's left of the wall gives +2 to saving throws against falling in. The walls of the pit are DC 18 to climb.

Trees: Squares with green trees are difficult terrain, as are those with bare rock(at the north end of the map and near the bridge). The brown trees near the left-center have no effect.

Mist: Anything more than 5 squares away has concealment(-2 to attack[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
snapshot
[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock glares at the Hulk as it stands back up, Argh, won't you just stay dead! I'll get back to you in a moment, just let me swat some of these foul birds 1st. The Hulk standing distracts Fredrock, and his hammer swings widly, missing the swarm. Fredock then shifts next to the Hulk.

[sblock=Actions]

Standard Action: :melee:Iron Fist vs Raven Swarm 3, vs AC (1d20+6=9, 1d10.minroll(3)+6=12) : miss, effect DR4 TENT

Move Action: Shift to I10

Minor Action: Not used

Oppurunity Action: If the Swarm in H10 shifts, I will shift to H11 using Blurred Step (happens before the swarm shifts--at least for the next 30 days, as errata is changing Blurred step to a free action after they shift, and if I remember right, new content is not approved for 30 days)

Immediate Reation: If the swarm attacks someone else (and doesn't include me in the attack) and is adjacent to me at the time and does damage, it takes the damage as well (lot's of conditions on that isn't there) from :melee:Mind Spike (halved due to being a swarm)

[sblock=Fredrock]
DR 4
up to 6 Damage taken

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 1
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19 Senses: Low-Light
Init -1, Speed:5
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:27/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 0/2
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand
:melee:Mind Spike
Blurred Step
:melee:Bull's Strength
:melee:Iron Fist
Battle Resilience
Second Wind
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony

:melee:MBA +3 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
I will not allow you to continue, foul creature. This Himura Kazuhira swears. Kaz swiftly darts around the battlefield and swings his giant axe slicing the hulk in two.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Oath on hulk.
Move: Shift to H12
Standard: Overwhelming Strike Hulk 2 is slides in Kaz's space, Kaz shifts to H13.

Roll.

Crit. It is dead I think, think it only had 1 HP so I won't roll crit damage. Should be dead for good.

Battlemat updated.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low Light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:13/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Executioner's Axe +3 vs AC, 1d12+1 damage (+1d12 on crit)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
OverwhelmingStrike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
+5 to athletics, +2 speed, +2 melee damage (Aspect of Might)
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage. (Censure of Pursuit)
[/sblock][/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
Corvus moves to a better vantage point, looking at the minor conflagurations happening and decides that the most in need are those battling a pair of zombies and the ravens. He points to the birds and again Livia follows Corvus' direction, but the arrow passes harmlessly through the mass.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: to K8
Minor: n/a
Standard: Direct the strike - Livia attacks swarm at J3 - Livia's RBA agaisnt teh raven swarm J2 (1d20+9=14, 1d12+7=13) miss [/sblock]

[sblock=Bravura Presence]
Bravura Presence
Appears in Martial Power
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Corvus Raine Male Human Warlord 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:18/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/10
Powers:
Direct the Strike
Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike
Inspiring Word [1.2]
Vengeance is Mine
Battlefront Shift
Second Wind

Lamb to the Slaughter

Conditions:

Full sheet: Corvus[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Seeing himself surrounded by the rerisen dead, Yimayngurr scowls at the feeling of being prey rather than predator. "Think you gonna take a bite of me bones?," he taunts the zombies, "Let's see if you can catch this slippery fish... Dbbrrr!," the Rripangu-clan hunter cries, as he unleashes a flurry of speed, bringing down one of the zombies with his spear and dancing across the battlefield, pausing only to skewer a few of the ravens that are harassing Fredrock.

[sblock="Yimayngurr actions and stats"]Move: Shift to F8.

Standard: :melee:Fading Strike vs. Rerisen Dead at E8 = hit (roll) for 15 dmg, target is slowed till EOMyNT (not sure if this applies as it's "dead" again), and Yimayngurr shifts to H8.

Minor: Quarry the swarm at H10.

Free: Action Point

Standard: :melee:Fading Strike vs. Swarm at H10 = hit (roll) for 8/2 = 4 dmg, target is slowed till EOMyNT, and Yimayngurr shifts to J9

battlemat updated

[sblock=statblock]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 2
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:16, Will:13
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
:bmelee:Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+5 dmg
:branged:Throw Hungry Longspear +1: +8 vs AC 1d10+7 dmg
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot, Begin the Hunt, Hungry Longspear
Conditions:[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I'm going to be out of town Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Probably won't be able to post. Please feel free to NPC Yimayngurr till Monday.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Livia lets loose a string of furious curses, half of them in Hzakan, as her arrow misses. She fires into the swarm again, sending ravens fluttering wildly in random directions as though something invisible is swatting at them.

[sblock=actions]Standard: grappling spirits against swarm in J3. 1d20+9=17 1d12+7=12. Hit for 6, swarm is slowed and can't shift until EoNT.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Livia Female Human Seeker 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:16, Will:17
HP:31/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/8
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Biting Swarm
Elemental Spirits
Grappling Spirits
Agile Recovery

Inevitable Shot
Encaging Spirits
Possessing Spirits
Escaping Shot
Second Wind
Rebounding Greatbow

Swarming Bats

Basic ranged attacks: Biting Swarm +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target and adjacent enemies take -2 penalty to attack until start of my next turn; Grappling Spirits +9 vs AC, 1d12+7 damage, target is slowed and can't shift until the end of its next turn.

Conditions: none

Full sheet: Livia[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Fredrock glares at the Hulk as it stands back up, Argh, won't you just stay dead! I'll get back to you in a moment, just let me swat some of these foul birds 1st. The Hulk standing distracts Fredrock, and his hammer swings widly, missing the swarm. Fredock then shifts next to the Hulk.

I will not allow you to continue, foul creature. This Himura Kazuhira swears. Kaz swiftly darts around the battlefield and swings his giant axe slicing the hulk in two.

Corvus moves to a better vantage point, looking at the minor conflagurations happening and decides that the most in need are those battling a pair of zombies and the ravens. He points to the birds and again Livia follows Corvus' direction, but the arrow passes harmlessly through the mass.

Seeing himself surrounded by the rerisen dead, Yimayngurr scowls at the feeling of being prey rather than predator. "Think you gonna take a bite of me bones?," he taunts the zombies, "Let's see if you can catch this slippery fish... Dbbrrr!," the Rripangu-clan hunter cries, as he unleashes a flurry of speed, bringing down one of the zombies with his spear and dancing across the battlefield, pausing only to skewer a few of the ravens that are harassing Fredrock.

Livia lets loose a string of furious curses, half of them in Hzakan, as her arrow misses. She fires into the swarm again, sending ravens fluttering wildly in random directions as though something invisible is swatting at them.

Gurk lashes out at the dead around him, dropping all the walking dead, though missing the mass of ravens.

Eithal draws the ire of the ravens then steps away to catch a breath.

---

It seems most of the rerisen dead have finally taken enough damage that whatever necromantic energies bound them weren't enough to bring them back; only one rises back to its feet.

Meanwhile, the swarms flurry and dart around the party, harrying and dive-bombing the group with sharp beaks and claws. Dead ravens litter the ground and clouds of feathers swirl about, but for every two ravens that are dropped, one gets back up and rejoins the swarm.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: Move to K4, 1 square up. Beaks and Talons: 19 AC vs Eithal, miss
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: Move to H3, Feasting Ravens: Shift through Fredrock, Yim, and Corvus' squares, 12 AC vs Fredrock, miss, 18 AC vs Yim, hit, 7 damage, 23 AC vs Corvus, hit, 5 damage, end 1 square above J10
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: Beaks and Talons: 15 AC vs Fredrock, miss. Shift to I10, 1 square up.

Rerisen Dead 1: Rerise, stand
Rerisen Dead 2: Charge to H9, Slam: 18 AC vs Fredrock, miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Gurk: I8, 5 damage taken
Livia: O7
Yimanyngurr: B9, 7 damage taken
Eithal: M3, 30 damage taken, bloodied, <+10 hp, +2 Def, +4 AC, +4 damage EonT>
Corvus: M9, 13 damage taken
Kaz: G10, 15 damage taken, bloodied, +2 speed, +2 damage
Fedrock: I10, 4 damage taken, 4 DR

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: K4, 1 square up, 23 damage taken, bloodied, slowed, can't shift
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: J10, 33 damage taken, bloodied
Rerisen Raven Swarm 3: H10, 1 square up, 25 damage taken, bloodied, slowed
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 max hp, AC 16, Reflex 14, Swarm, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast, Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable 5 to Burst and Blast attacks.

Rerisen Dead 1: E8, dazed
Rerisen Dead 2: H9
Rerisen Dead 3: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 4: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 5: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 6: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 7: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 8: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 9: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 10: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 11: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead 12: -Dead-
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Rerisen Hulk 1
: -Dead-
Rerisen Hulk 2: -Dead-
Rerisen Hulk 3: -Dead-
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15, Will 12, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rerisen Raven Swarm Aura]Any creature that ends their turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefield Information, (don't forget the Mist ranged attackers)]The broken tower falls 10 feet into water, anyone who falls in takes 1d6 damage, though what's left of the wall gives +2 to saving throws against falling in. The walls of the pit are DC 18 to climb.

Trees: Squares with green trees are difficult terrain, as are those with bare rock(at the north end of the map and near the bridge). The brown trees near the left-center have no effect.

Mist: Anything more than 5 squares away has concealment(-2 to attack[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
snapshot
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Gurk lashes out at the dead around him, dropping all the walking dead, though missing the mass of ravens.

[sblock=Gurk's Actions]Standard - Five Storms: 11 Ref vs I3 Dead, miss, 8 Ref vs K3 Swarm, miss, 25 Ref vs K3 Dead, hit, 16 Ref vs K5 Dead, hit.
Free - Flurry of Blows to drop the last I3 Dead.
Move - Five Storms full discipline: Shift 2 to L4[/sblock]

Eithal draws the ire of the ravens then steps away to catch a breath.

[sblock=Eithal's Actions]Free Action - J3 Swarm.
Move - Shift to J5.
Standard - Second Wind, heal 10 hp, gain +4 to damage rolls until EonT.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz takes a moment to recuperate, calling upon his inner strength.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Second Wind

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 1
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low Light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:20/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/9
Basic Attack Executioner's Axe +3 vs AC, 1d12+1 damage (+1d12 on crit)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
OverwhelmingStrike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Aspect of Might

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.
+5 to athletics, +2 speed, +2 melee damage (Aspect of Might)
If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage. (Censure of Pursuit)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
Perhaps soon the dead will stay dead, but Fredrock seems a bit preoccupied with this grim business and swings wildly once again.

[sblock=Mark]note that swarm 3 has been marked by me for the encounter (or until I use my Battlemind Demand again..just noticed it isn't listed in the Combatants block. Also, Fredrock is at 6 damage to start this turn..(8 after the turn)[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]

Standard Action: :melee:Iron Fist vs Attack Swarm 2, vs AC (1d20+6=14, 1d10.minroll(3)+6=13): miss, effect DR4 TENT

Move Action: Shift to I9

Minor Action: Not used

Oppurunity Action: If the Swarm in I10 shifts, I will shift to H10 using Blurred step (happens before the swarm shifts--at least till the end of this combat.. please shift me if it shifts..i have not shifted the last two turns...it's not much, but i'd like to use the power :), errata is changing Blurred step to a free action after they shift, but it won't go into effect until after this combat)

Immediate Reation: If the swarm in I10 attacks someone else (and doesn't include me in the attack) and is adjacent to me at the time and does damage, it takes the damage as well (lot's of conditions on that isn't there) from Mind Spike (halfed due to being a swarm)
(hasn't come up yet, as it shifts thru us and always includes me in the attack so far.

end the turn in the aura of two swarms, so 2 total damage (4 DR), up to 8 damage taken)

[sblock=Fredrock]
DR 4
up to 8 Damage taken

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 1
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19 Senses: Low-Light
Init -1, Speed:5
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16
HP:25/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:13/13
Action Points: 0/1, Power points 0/2
Powers-
:close:Battlemind Demand
:melee:Mind Spike
Blurred Step
:melee:Bull's Strength
:melee:Iron Fist
Battle Resilience
Second Wind
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony

:melee:MBA +3 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA -1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Blurred Step]Oppurunity Action: If the Swarm in I10 shifts, I will shift to H10 using Blurred step (happens before the swarm shifts--at least till the end of this combat.. please shift me if it shifts..i have not shifted the last two turns...it's not much, but i'd like to use the power :), errata is changing Blurred step to a free action after they shift, but it won't go into effect until after this combat)

note it's an OA (currently) but I get it when my mark shifts, so it breaks the rule that shifting avoids OA's[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads