The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The wild man comes down from the top of the tower, overseeing what everyone is doing. "We have all these long spears, we should hold the palisade as long as possible, skewer them as they come up to it and try to climb over, then pull back to the tower when we can't hold the palisade anymore. Pull back, close the door, hold the main floor of the tower as long as we can, then..." his eyes go feverish "...then we could create some fuses that go down to the supplies, spread pitch all over the floors. We fight level by level up to the very top so it's packed to overflowing the dead and light it on fire! We'll take them down in a blaze of glory!"

GM: Oh, I forgot. You also can discuss/vote on what you want the Master Mason and the crazy guy to be doing in the mean time. Each of them can also do one of the tasks, though they won't be rolling. The Mason will do whatever the majority of you think best, the crazy guy will cast three votes randomly, then go with whatever task has the majority of the votes.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz and Yim team up to help prepare the craftsmen for battle. Yim scouts for nearby weapons and armor handing the good ones to Kaz to pass out. Kaz uses his religious training to show them best way to slay the unliving.

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]i think Mason should check out the sub-level. Eithal's already working on the doors. Maybe the crazy guy should extract information out of himself :)[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Upon hearing the old man's rant, one and only one thing makes sense (the thing about burning the tower down with the party inside sounds like utter rubbish, and disastrously poor military tactics :eek:)

The giant warden scratches her head. It would be a good idea to draw a first line of defense along the palisades and fall back to the tower.

She begins to remove the heavy, bracing objects from behind the door and systematically stack them next to the doorway for easy replacement. Then she double-checks the hingework to make sure the door swings smoothly at a level.

OOC: Of course, I like the idea of holding the palisades and falling back to the tower. That would mean that Eithal needs to clear the stuff from behind the door, but she's OK with that.

I'm thinking that as long as the crazy guy doesn't do anything on which we will have to mechanically rely during the battle, we'll be the better for it :)

I second (actually fourth, but who's counting :)) the prevailing vote.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I forgot all about courtesy, my name is Captain Cale. I was the ill-fated commander of this expedition. Not long after we got here, we had encounters with the dead, lost our scouts in the woods. We set out in force to take them on and just ended up making more of the bastards. We pulled back here and two days ago they started attacking us every hour. The pushes got stronger and stronger until the overwhelmed us last time. I'm the only one left... all alone, hiding as the ravens swirled and my men screamed, pulled apart or dragged into the woods..."

He pauses for a moment, his eyes closed, then reopens them, his eyes burning. "I will kill the one who leads them, the one with the black sword and scarlet armor, or die trying. I have the feeling that next time they come back, they won't stop until we're dead or he is. Oh, a final note. There's a stash of healing potions in the storage rooms. Not sure how many, they kind-of got forgotten in the chaos."

Mason returns as everyone makes preparations, panting. "The sub-level has a winch that lowers a small platform down to the dock looks like it will hold five or six people. It also opens out into some switchbacks that cut back and forth down the cliff to the docks or branches off into the deep forest so we have a way out if everything goes wrong. Did anyone signal the ship?"

Ravens begin swirling over the forest and Livia comes running out of the woods, passing Fredrock as he finishes up the palisades and nodding to Kaz and Yim running the nervous craftsmen through their final paces with their weapons. They nod back to her and she raps on the door, letting Eithal know it's time. The attack is coming.

The craftsmen shift nervously in their new weapons and armor, watching the silent ravens circling the forest, drawing nearer and nearer.

GM: I'll get the battle started tomorrow. Results of your preparations:

Setting traps: Livia - Base: Attacks on d4 randomly selected enemies as they enter the map at +3 vs Reflex, 1d6+3 damage. DC 18 reached: d6 random enemies, +5 vs Reflex, 1d8+3 damage.
Building the Palisades: Fredrock - Base: Palisades have 12 Defense, 20hp per square, do +3 vs Fort, 1d6+3 damage to anything climbing them. DC 18 Reached: 15 defense, 30hp, +5 vs Fort, 1d8+3 damage.
Repairing the Door: Eithal - Base: Doors have Athletics 20 to break, 10 Defense, 25hp. DC 18 Reached: Athletics 25 to break, 15 Defense, 40hp
Equiping the Craftsmen: Yim - Base: Craftsmen are minions, have short spears, 12 AC, 11 Fort, 11 Reflex, 10 Will, speed 5. +3 to hit, 3 damage. DC 18 Reached: 15 AC, 12 Fort, 13 Reflex, 11 Will. +5 to hit, 5 damage. Half have longspears (reach 2), half have crossbows (range 15/30) and all have light shields.
Preparing the Craftsmen: Kaz - Base: As above. DC 18 Failed: Reduced to 10 Wil, +4 to hit, 4 damage, speed 4. Flee maximum speed if roll a 1.
Searching the lower level: Master Mason - You know the way out and the winch is ready.
"Cracking" Captain Cale: Captain Cale - he will fight alongside you and remembered the stash of healing potions.

You also may each have:
*1 Longspear
*1 Crossbow and 20 bolts or 1 Longbow and 20 bolts or 5 Javelins
*1 Heavy Shield

Xeterog

Explorer
Let's get those potions distributed around. I shouldn't need one, so others can take them. Fredrock says as he looks at the available weapons, then at his hammer, then back at the weapon stash. I guess I'll take a few javelins, tho they just don't feel as good as my hammer does. Still, hitting one at range might be better at least at first.

OOC: Fred has 2 ways to spend a healing surge without losing an attack during the turn (minor SW, and daily power that allows me to spend a HS as an effect of the attack), plus the DR he has most of the time, the potions are probably best used in others possesion.

Also, have we passed another milestone?

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I guess Livia will take one potion. I'm hoping to keep her at range but she could end up being set upon by swarms, so she might need it.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases