D&D 4th Edition The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk) - Page 5





+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 659
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    On the third watch...

    Livia attempts to point out what she sees to Corvus and Gurk if they don't also see it, but it is never there long enough. Anyone who tells her that she might be seeing things is met with a extremely nasty glare.

    Insight what?
    Passive perception good enough; insight 1d20+5=7.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

 

  • #42
    Corvus listens to the scouting report from Livia, having learned it was never wise to doubt an allies instincts, even if he couldn't see anything amiss yet.

    ooc

    Can we look at the hidden information if Livia tells Corvus?

  • #43
    During the second watch...

    Fredroc, this one sees something over there. Kaz whispers. See the glowing of eyes in bushes? Smell that smell like that of rotting meat? Do you see and smell it too?

    ooc

    Fredrock get +1 to perception because of elf racial ability (assuming he is in 5 squares of Kaz).

    Passive Perception =21.

    Other rolls fail.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #44
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Xeterog
    "It must have moved away, as I see nothing now." Fredrock replies, sniffing at the air with a frown. "Probably just some wolves that have recently eaten.", Fredrock rationalizes what they have seen and smelled.


    ooc
    My PC is not trained in Perception, can I assist (or be assisted by) the other PC on watch? I didn't think of assisting before the shift, so if I can do so, I will on future watches.

    Passive perception is only 14 (need 18), so I roll (did this in the reverse order, but they are named so should be ok) Perception (1d20+4=24) and do see the eyes. oh, that would be +1 for the elf racial ability, so 25.

    Unless I get some bonus from Kaz pointing out the eyes and smell, I fail the passive Nature and Insight checks by 1. If I can choose to roll, I'll do so and here are the rolls, which fail as well: Nature then Insight (1d20+4=6, 1d20+9=16)

    Last edited by Xeterog; Monday, 21st June, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
    -Xeterog

  • #45
    The next morning is bright and sunny, morning dew glistening on the grass and glinting on spiderwebs in the trees. Mason and the craftsmen awaken and begin breaking camp, making breakfast, and harnessing the horses to the wagon.

    "I see we weren't killed in the night by bandits," Mason says, grinning. "Maybe I didn't need to hire you lot after all. Everyone sleep well?"

    She glances at Yimayngurr. "I was wondering who was making that racket. Almost got up to see what was going on, but then it stopped. Stinky crows you say? Strange."

    Breakfast is ready about the time everyone is all packed and ready to go. Everyone is handed a wooden trencher full of eggs, bacon, cheese, and bread, along with a mug of cool, rich ale to eat on the road.

    Perception, Insight, or Nature 18
    The horses seem a bit uneasy, jumping at small sounds, their ears flicking back and forth warily.


    Cleverusername
    You can't read the blocks, you have to rely on your companions telling you what they saw.


    Assisting on checks
    Didn't they just change the assisting rules in the DM2 or 3 or something? I thought it was based on level now? Regardless, what happens in these instances is over quickly enough that no one has time to assist each other.

  • #46
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sky View Post
    Assisting on checks
    Didn't they just change the assisting rules in the DM2 or 3 or something? I thought it was based on level now? Regardless, what happens in these instances is over quickly enough that no one has time to assist each other.
    ooc
    It was changed during the recent rules update. The DC to assist someone else is now 10 + 1/2 your level. Failure now results in a -1 to the check being assisted.

  • #47
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    Quote Originally Posted by pacdidj View Post
    "Nice night, eh?," Yimayngurr declares on waking up the next morning, having apparently slept his off shift time on the hard ground nearest the campfire, "Except for those smelly crows. Just sat there in that tree, watching me like. Not making any sound. Not natural, for true. Gave me the willies. Tried ta shoo em off with me spear. Bangin' it up against the tree," he says, miming a two-handed swing of the haft of his spear into a tree trunk. "Nasty blighters. Bawamirri. Like, maybe crazy. Wouldn't leave me'n Eithal alone."
    Livia frowns. "I saw someone standing in the camp, right in the middle here. All black, like Corvus in that ridiculous armor--but Corvus was right beside me and couldn't see him. And this someone vanished whenever I tried to get a better look. I only saw him a few times and then he didn't come back. I don't know this land. Do such things normally happen here?"

    ooc
    Edit: Livia will examine the spot where she saw the figure to see whether there are any foot impressions, but I'm assuming she doesn't find any.
    Last edited by Mewness; Monday, 21st June, 2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #48
    Kaz goes up to the horses, noticing a change in behavior. Hush. Calm down, Kazuhira will protect you. Kaz says, trying to sooth them.

    The horses seem restless, something was here in the night. We should tread carefully.
    Kaz says to the group.

    ooc

    Passive perception = 21

    Nature= 15 roll. To calm the horses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    Livia frowns. "I saw someone standing in the camp, right in the middle here. All black, like Corvus in that ridiculous armor--but Corvus was right beside me and couldn't see him. And this someone vanished whenever I tried to get a better look. I only saw him a few times and then he didn't come back. I don't know this land. Do such things normally happen here?
    Has an Oni been following us? I wonder... Kaz shakes his head. Dark times it will be if we have an Oni on our tracks.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #49
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Xeterog
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    Kaz goes up to the horses, noticing a change in behavior. Hush. Calm down, Kazuhira will protect you. Kaz says, trying to sooth them.

    The horses seem restless, something was here in the night. We should tread carefully.
    Kaz says to the group.
    "Yea those wolves, or whatever it was last night, seems to have upset them some.", Fredrock says as he brings some food and water to help Kaz with the horses.

    ooc

    Passive insight 18

    Passive Nature of 14 to help with the horses..(dc 12 to assist..I'm unclear if I can use passive to assist or not, so here is the roll if one is needed.
    nature to assist Kaz (DC12 to assist) (1d20+4=22)

    -Xeterog

  • #50
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    H.M.Gimlord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,677
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    During the first watch with Yim...

    Eithal watches with a wistful naivete as the crows light on the branch, and then notices something amiss, "Hey Yimmy," she whispers, "That ain't riyaht." She draws her axed to do a little mid-night bird hunting, but the carrion eaters fly away before she can take a good swing at them.

    Yimayngurr nods his agreement.

    The next morning when the horses are stamping, she walks over to Kaz, "Thows crows Yimmy saw wahn't natrul. Ah saw'em tew. Thay wah witched oah somthin'"

    Translation
    "Those crows Yimayngurr saw weren't natural. I saw them too. They were bewitched or something."
    OOC
    This multiple-rounds-a-day thing is OK out of combat, but should combat begin, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. I've got an 8-to-5 job where I can't use the computer for personal stuff.


    Am I going to be a bother if I can only be relied on to post once a day (though on occasion I may get around to two)?

    Weekends, I can get up to three or four.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

    "Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)
      By Iron Sky in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th July, 2010, 11:37 PM
    4. [IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)
      By el-remmen in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Thursday, 30th October, 2003, 01:06 PM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •