D&D 4th Edition The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk) - Page 6





  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    During the first watch with Yim...

    Eithal watches with a wistful naivete as the crows light on the branch, and then notices something amiss, "Hey Yimmy," she whispers, "That ain't riyaht." She draws her axed to do a little mid-night bird hunting, but the carrion eaters fly away before she can take a good swing at them.

    Yimayngurr nods his agreement.

    The next morning when the horses are stamping, she walks over to Kaz, "Thows crows Yimmy saw wahn't natrul. Ah saw'em tew. Thay wah witched oah somthin'"

    Translation
    "Those crows Yimayngurr saw weren't natural. I saw them too. They were bewitched or something."
    Oro? Sorry I don't comprehend. Please accept my apologies says Kaz, not used to the strange dialect.


    OOC
    This multiple-rounds-a-day thing is OK out of combat, but should combat begin, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. I've got an 8-to-5 job where I can't use the computer for personal stuff.


    Am I going to be a bother if I can only be relied on to post once a day (though on occasion I may get around to two)?

    Weekends, I can get up to three or four.
    ooc
    I've only been playing since March, but in my experience one post a day should be fine, since all PCs can post in any order
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #52
    Between Fedrock and Kaz, the horses are calmed down, though some of the craftsmen are a bit uneasy now at the discussions of bewitched birds, strange wolves, Oni, and disappearing figures...

    Mason laughs it off. "Well, remind me not to stay in that grove on the way back. Anyway, looks like we might get some rain tonight or tomorrow. Might have some people wanting shelter in my tent tonight... Though, if I remember correctly, we might be passing through a small village late this afternoon or early this evening. Been a while since I've been this way. We can decide then whether to stop there or press on."

    Son of Meepo
    Ah, I thought there was a change, thanks for letting me know.


    Livia
    There don't seem to be any new footprints where the figure appeared, but there have been almost twenty people walking all over the camp so it would be hard to tell.
    Perception 25
    Nope, none that didn't belong to anyone in the party.


    Assisting on rolls
    No taking 10 to assist, assist checks must be rolled.


    H.M.Gimlord
    In combat, I usually go for 48 hour rounds, though if everyone posts before then, I'll go quicker if I have the time.

  • #53
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Xeterog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    336
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Xeterog
    ooc
    I should be alseep, but don't seem to be getting there yet Anyway, I messed up on the Assist DC..should have been 10, not 12 (10 + 1/2 level = 10, not 12..don't know where I got the 12 from. doesn't change anything, but just in case a later roll and you have questions


    An inn in a town can be just as dangerous as a camp in the wild, but the ale might be in better supply." Fredrock thinks a bit, And if rain is in the furture, an inn might be a bit drier.
    -Xeterog

  • #54
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    just recording a failed check
    Perception 1d20+10=22
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #55
    The day is again beautiful, the grassland changing over to lush forests as the party progresses. Lush wild berries grow along the road that is now more like two lightly overgrown paths and songbirds flit from tree to tree. Towards late afternoon, the road branches, the better road leading off to the right, a far less-traveled, nearly overgrown trail continuing on ahead.

    "Well, here's where we make our decision. We've probably got a few good hours of daylight, could keep on going straight towards the river, or we could detour over to the village for the night, maybe get a roof over our heads and a couple of us might even be able to get beds."

    Mason shrugs.

    "I could go either way, we can probably get to the tower tomorrow which ever we pick, though if we stop in the village it might be getting dark by the time we reach the tower. Of course, if it rains tonight, the road might be slow going with the wagon and we won't get there tomorrow no matter what we pick."


    She glances between the party members.

    "My people are lazy and would sleep in a lake if it might mean putting off doing real work for a day. You are our illustrious bodyguards, what do you think?"
    Last edited by Iron Sky; Tuesday, 22nd June, 2010 at 05:39 PM.

  • #56
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Gurk shakes his head than gives one of his hearty belly-laughs. "Gurk does not get paid to be lazy! Maybe you give the horses a rest and make your people pull the wagon!"

    Gurk shakes with laughter again, likely the only one to find humor in his "joke."
    Returning to slight seriousness once again, Gurk adds.

    "Soon you get there, sooner you no longer have to listen to me, no?"

    Gurk laughs again as he walks away from the genasi woman. As he leaves he turns his head to Fredrock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeterog View Post
    An inn in a town can be just as dangerous as a camp in the wild, but the ale might be in better supply." Fredrock thinks a bit, And if rain is in the furture, an inn might be a bit drier.
    "Do not tell me you are scared of rain. Besides, you are strong man. You can carry all the ale you can drink."

  • #57
    "Do we know if the town has any manner of fortifications? If they have anything it may provide some cover for the night as some of us had spotted some potential trouble last night. If not, we still will be less exposed than with our backs to the river, which is about as poor a tactical location as you could choose" Corvus says, then hears Gurk's words.

    "It's not about being scared, it's about condition of our gear, staying outside at night in the rain will likely mean our gear will be soaked, rust could set in, the men will be less rested, and why waste the energy carrying ale that's better served battling foes?" he says.

  • #58
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    "I prefer to stay outdoors," Livia grumbles, but offers no argument in support of her preference.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #59
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    pacdidj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    852
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore pacdidj
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    "I prefer to stay outdoors,"
    Yimayngurr nods in agreement, but then a quizzical expression crosses his face. "I been thinkin' the same. Don't much care for inns and towns, eh? But, them horses lookin' a bit weak in the knees. Like maybe gonna run off. Probably best put them in stable, if ya wanna keep that wagon moving. Buncha drongos ifya ask me," he says eying the beasts suspiciously.
    L4W: Auntie Mab and Fierro | LEB: Kalimashtri

  • #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverusername View Post
    "Do we know if the town has any manner of fortifications? If they have anything it may provide some cover for the night as some of us had spotted some potential trouble last night. If not, we still will be less exposed than with our backs to the river, which is about as poor a tactical location as you could choose" Corvus says, then hears Gurk's words.
    Mason snorts. "Fortifications? Its twenty huts clustered around a well and a ramshackle tavern with a scrap-built stable. There might not even be enough space in the whole village for all of us to fit indoors if the weather gets bad.

    "Besides, I hired you guys to scare away anything that might bring trouble, really. Maybe I wasn't clear enough before, but I only have enough coin to pay for the equivalent of town watch, not killer mercenaries. The militia did come through here two weeks ago and aside from a couple wolves howling and a couple rough-looking customers that gave them wide berth on the road, there wasn't any trouble. I sure hope we don't need fortifications!

    "Anyway, it looks like you four are split pretty evenly on which way to go. What do the rest of you have to say?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    3. Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)
      By Iron Sky in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th July, 2010, 11:37 PM
    4. [IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)
      By el-remmen in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Thursday, 30th October, 2003, 01:06 PM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 04:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •