[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mr. Raspyhand seems to have been effectively deceived and correctly flattered. "Of course of course; truth be told, quality speaks for itself. Take a look and inform me if you find anything of your liking"
In that moment the half elf enters the shop as well, and with a nod, Raspyhand moves over to talk to him, focusing on the new customer. "Hello good sir, and welcome to my humble store. How can William Raspyhand be of service?"

Jarel-karn stands there lost in his own memories to no avail.

Outside, Soldier also notices the door without address, and some dry clay stains next to it. Following the trail, the warforged now stands next to Mr Raspyhand's store.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Whoops. All those counted toward the challenge? I should have expected as much, oh well. I was really just trying to back up my post. I'll be quiet for a minute and let other people catch up.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Just for you to note, this is no common skill challenge, nor would there be much of those common skill encounters in this game. I feel they are not designed for such an investigative and detectiveske game such as this! I'll leave the actual mechanics hidden as I've seen it actually promote imaginative replies.

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon smiles thinly at the proprietor, allowing more of the accent of his homeland in the Imperium to slide into his speech. "Is there somewhere we could speak a bit more privately, sir? I would be interested in merchandise that might be considered....exotic."

[sblock=Skill checks]Bluff: 14 Insight: 28 Rolls here[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
The significance of the door dawns on the shifter when the old man makes his plea. The shifter stridse over to where Soldier is looking at the clay, looks himself for traces of blood or anything unusual, and then looks over the door to see it is trapped. If untrapped, the shifter grasps the handle and opens the door as quietly as possible.

[sblock=rolls]heal, nature, dungeoneering [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2578395/]nature on clay, perception on door for traps, stealth to open door quietly (1d20+12=28, 1d20+14=23, 1d20+4=14)[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk bows his head so that he can fit inside the doorway of the pottery. He scans the area and listens to the conversation between his comrades and the owner. Just then the warlock plays his card. Grakk waits to for the owner's reply before initiating any further action.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Soldier notices the dry clay is dry and that it is clay. Cliff is a bit more informative about the clay, and notices it is not raw clay, it has been worked and processed, probably the clay Mr Tine was supposed to deliver. He can also tell that the stains "go" from Mr Raspyhand's store to the door without address.
The shifter also tries the door after ensuring there is no trap on it. However, he stumbles and makes a loud "tump!" against the door. Immediately, from the other side, a bass male voice asks. "Password."

Morvannon attempt to distract the shop owner is not quite successful. Mr Raspyhand eyes him suspiciously. "I own no special nor exotic pieces sir, what you see is what you get. There ain't nothing but pottery here." he says. Then turns to the "couple" "Fine quality pottery." he adds with a blink.
The half elf notes that the owner is getting more and more nervous, perhaps his last statement, not the one of the quality of his pottery, hides something.

Grakk's intrusion on the shop gets Raspyhand nervous. "Friend of yours?" he asks, his eyes going from Morvannon to Grakk and back to Morvannon again.

Jarel-karn: 3 fail
Cliff: 3 success 1 fail
Grakk: 1 fail, 2 success
Morvannon: 1 fail, 1 success
Bell: 1 fail, 2 success
Soldier: 1 fail, 1 success

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon attempt to distract the shop owner is not quite successful. Mr Raspyhand eyes him suspiciously. "I own no special nor exotic pieces sir, what you see is what you get. There ain't nothing but pottery here." he says. Then turns to the "couple" "Fine quality pottery." he adds with a blink.
The half elf notes that the owner is getting more and more nervous, perhaps his last statement, not the one of the quality of his pottery, hides something.

Morvannon's voice takes on a soothing quality. "Of course, sir, I understand." Lowering his voice, he continues, "We all need to keep up appearances, after all. Tell me, where *would* I go if I were after a piece with more....special properties?"
[sblock=Diplomacy] 1d20+10=21[/sblock]

Grakk's intrusion on the shop gets Raspyhand nervous. "Friend of yours?" he asks, his eyes going from Morvannon to Grakk and back to Morvannon again.

"That one? Never seen him before in my life."

[sblock=Bluff]1d20+6=21[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk sees that he is making the owner nervous and that Morvannon is making progress. He states to the owner in a deep growling voice. "I'll come back later." Grakk steps out of the store, but stays close by, ready to aide the warlock if need be.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases