[Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Cliff sends a confident look towards the warlock for a moment before quickly drawing a knife, and tossing it so it sinks into the earth at Morvannon's feet. The warlock looks down and tries to grab the knife, but winds suddenly spring up about him, sending his cloaking whipping about, and he struggles to reach the knife at his feet.

"That's enough," the muscular shifter says, and the wind no longer harasses the warlock, but the knife rises from the ground and spins through the air back to Cliff's hand. "To Mr. Simpletons home then."

[sblock=ooc]Ah, I didn't realize Mr. Simpleton had a first name.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: All my Mr and Mrs have names :)

Finally making up their mind, the group decides to travel to Mr. Simpletown clay gathering company. It takes our heroes an hour to reach the place.
The building is a two story one, in slight disrepair. There's a big entrance, probably for the wagon, and a few person, presumably workers, and going in and out, carrying empty buckets of clay and other tools.
The group approach the biulding, and one of them, apparently in charge, greets them.
"Howdy gentlemen and miss. Mr. Simpletown sent word ye might come 'ere, so I thought I better told the boys to clean up the mess a little bit ye know." he has a strong scent of fresh clay around him, as all the other workers. "If ye wanna make yer detective work, go ahead: Inside there is the ol' donkey and the wagon, and also Gimo's stuff, in his locker. 'f ye wanna ask me and boys some questions, we are at yer orders." the man says willingly.

You have 33 hours before execution.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Cliff shakes his head in disbelief. He whispers to the others. "If we seek answers, they may lie with the things that are being cleaned. He may have moved something important."

[sblock=ooc]Most of us search the obvious places: wagon, donkey and locker. The rest look to see what it is that they "cleaned up."[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk finds one of the cleaning crew. "You...show me where you put the stuff you took out of the house when you and your crew cleaned it." Grakk sifts through the stuff with a careful eye, looking for possible clues.

ooc: perception check: 1d20+7 = 25

Voda Vosa

First Post
The employee leads Grakk over a pile of buckets dirty with clay, shovels and other dirty tools. "Just a bunch o' dirty buckets."
And Grakk is certain there's no more than that.

The rest goes in and firstly search in Gimos personal stuff. There are all sort of things of no interest. But his shovel is missing. Noticing that you noticed that, the employee says "Yep, he never took it back 'ere, and it was not in the wagon neither. There's the wagon, check it out yerselves."

And there's the wagon indeed. There's also the donkey, a massive beast. A dire donkey, if such things did exist. The creature was taller than Grakk and possibly stronger. It snorted when you approach, but is peaceful, and after a few strokes from the employee, it lowers his head and enjoys the attentions.

The wagon is a real mess. "We didn't have time to clean it up, and we thought that perhaps you guys wanted it as I found it." he says. Obviously he was the employee sent by Simpletown to search for Gimo. "The guards that came in didn't search it, we thought it would be better not to tell them ye see, never can trust those guards... Poor Gimo..."

OOC: You'll need some perception rolls to find out if there's something among the wagon. Each can take 3 perception rolls. Good luck =)
You can also ask questions to the employee, he seems eager to tell his tale, and genuinely preoccupied about Gimo.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell begins her search of the wagon going over it with an analytical eye. "What did the guards search then?" she asks only half paying attention to the answer, her attention preoccupied.

[sblock=ooc]Perception Crit, 25[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon stays a little too far away from the huge donkey to see anything useful, instead asking the employee, "Was Mr. Tine's delivery route known to anyone apart from those who worked here? Has anyone been asking about him recently?"

[sblock=Skill checks]Perception=13, Insight=18 Rolls.[/sblock]

Remove ads