D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Predicament of Mr. Gimo Tine [Judge:?] - Page 9





  1. #81
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    The man answers Bell "Well, they dinna search lots of things ye know, they burst in, broke the door over there, and while the biggy ones secured Gimo a tiny one, halfling perhaps, unfolded a scroll and lectured us about the crimes of Gimo, so he said. I believe he told something like "Mr Tine is hereby identified by eye witnesses of committing a baleful crime against the city of Dauton, by murdering a high rank functionary, minister of finances Pathin McPathin and his two bodyguards. He will be taken to justice and judged for his crimes. Until a sentence is reached and until the execution, if such is the verdict, the prisoner will be retained in the Guard quarters number 3." With that they took him, no matter what we said." the man says, saddened.

    He replies to the half elf as the rest keep searching. He scratches his head under his straw hat, and bites his tongue, as if recalling. "Well, no I think; beside Mr Simpletown and the boys, I don't imagine anyone knowing. I don't know if the guards would know anything else. Perhaps you could ask them." The Empire's man thinks that this worker is being sincere.

    OOC: I'll need 3 rolls each, as Velmont did, to give info about the searching.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    "Ya think you could identify the guards if you saw them again?" Cliff asks. Halflings probably weren't guards, and this one may be in a position of power. Somebody worth talking to.

    3rd roll
    Insight to judge his reaction to the halfling. insight (1d20+7=22)

  • #83
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Boy... Perhaps. I could go with ya to the guard outpost and try to identify them. If I don't get in any trouble doing so I guess its alright." says the man. Cliff also thinks this man is really wanting to hep you out.

    OOC: Oh an unexpected possibility! I'm thrilled to know how judges handle this sort of things.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #84
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Bell continues her starring at the cart not really paying attention. She mutters Yes that sounds very serious." And wracks her brain for pertinent information.

    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #85

  • #86
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk sees Soldier taking interest in the wagon. "Have you found anything warforged? I will look as well..."

    perception checks

    two more: 1d20+7 = 18, 10


    After an extensive search on top of the wagon the goliath attempts to lift the wagon inorder to have someone look under it. He lifts with all of his might....

    ooc

    Grakk has a 21 strength


    (If it is a successful attempt) Grakk strains against the weight of the wagon. "Morvannon...come and check below the wagon for any clues." the goliath states while breathing heavy and body trembling almost to the point of collapse.

    ooc: Someone could have easily crawled underneith the wagon to check, but Grakk didn't think of that idea.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Friday, 2nd July, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #87
    Soldier helps Grakk with the lifting of the wagon

  • #88
    Morvannon starts at Grakk's voice calling his name, hurrying over to see the goliath lifting up the wagon. "Grakk.....you realize I could have just crawled under there, right?" In his distraction, the half-elf failed to notice much of anything as he glanced over the wagon.

    ooc
    Perception: 16 Arcana: 12 Rolls here.

  • #89
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardJim View Post
    Morvannon starts at Grakk's voice calling his name, hurrying over to see the goliath lifting up the wagon. "Grakk.....you realize I could have just crawled under there, right?" In his distraction, the half-elf failed to notice much of anything as he glanced over the wagon.

    ooc
    Perception: 16 Arcana: 12 Rolls here.
    Grakk looks down at the warlock as beads of sweat drip off his face. "Yes...that makes more sense." After the Morvannon finishes his inspection, Grakk and Soldier let down the wagon. Grakk takes a couple deep breaths and then moves to the front of the wagon and looks at the large donkey. "I have never seen one of this size before." Grakk says outloud as he pets the donkey's head. "Does anyone have the ability to speak with animals? Perhaps the beast knows something."
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #90
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    The group finds nothing of importance among the wagon, or under it. [Skill challenge failed]

    There appear to be nothing else left to do here, except perhaps ask some more questions to the employee.

    The group has discovered another possible place to go, a new important NPC, and found a new clue.

    You have 32 hours before execution.

    Places to go you actually know of


    -Tavern[2 hour walking, 2 hour returning]
    -Mr Tine House[2 hours walking, 2 hours returning]
    -The Clay pits [3 hours walking, 3 hours returning]
    -Mr. Simpletown establishment[Current Location]
    -Addressless door[1 hours walking, 1 hours returning]
    -City watch[2 hour walking, 2 hour returning]

    Important NPCs

    Mr. Simpletown
    Mrs Tine
    Mr Tine
    Mr Raspyhand
    Simpletown's foreman


    Current Evidence

    -A bag with 100gp used to bribe Mr Raspyhand.

    Current clues

    -Gimo's shovel is missing
    -Gimo appeared to know nothing of what happened
    -Several witnesses recognized him
    -Mr Simpletown and Mrs Tine are certain Gimo is innocent
    -Gimo's memory gape happened in the backstore of Mr Raspyhand
    -Mr Raspyhand was bribed by someone to send Gimo to the addressless door next to his pottery.
    -There is a password that the group needs in order to enter the addressless door. They could also attempt to bash in. Apparently there's a magical ward from the other side that makes trespassing the door almost impossible.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    2. [Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)
      By renau1g in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1251
      Last Post: Monday, 18th April, 2011, 03:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM
    4. [Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)
      By Velmont in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 816
      Last Post: Tuesday, 13th July, 2010, 08:17 PM
    5. [Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )
      By RickRoll in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 244
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th June, 2010, 06:58 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •