The 11th Hour

Endzeitgeist

First Post
This pdf consists of 28 pages, 1 page OGL, 1 page credits and one page front cover.

That leaves 25 pages of adventure, 3 of them maps of the inn in which the adventure takes place.

"The 11th Hour" is an oddity among adventures in so much as it can be solved without any combat whatsoever.

The layout of the adventure is special due to the focus on details and a timeloop not unlike in "Groundhog Day".

Unfortunately, it's absolutely impossible to write much about the adventure without spoiling it.

Thus, I'll only write that there are several NPCs with full stats to interact with (although your PCs probably won't battle with them) and is chock full with details.

Due to the special nature of the adventure, the formatting is special, too: There is room for the DM to put down notes with regards to every room and NPC, helping the DM to run this adventure and making it very easy to play this adventure with a minimum of preparation time. While a novice DM may have to read the adventure more than once, an experienced DM can spontaneously run this adventure without any prep time. I did and it worked perfectly.

A highly recommended introduction adventure that is something completely different from your run-of-the-mill scenarios. Give it a try, it's fun and intelligent.

The only downside is the lack of artwork as well as the fact that the adventure probably won't take too long - I would have liked it to be bigger, more complex. But that's only a minor blemish.

Remove ads