Music Suggestions for Dark Sun

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I ran the FreeRPGDay adventure Bloodsand Arena last night and had a blast, we'll be finishing it up next week and I plain on moving into a campaign.

Dark Sun has always been my favorite setting since back in the 90's and I'm psyched but I'm looking for some suggestions for music for Dark Sun....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My first thoughts would be:
  • Dune soundtrack
  • Last Temptation of Christ soundtrack
  • Tangerine Dream albums like Atem
  • Vangelis albums like Soil Festivities or (I'm not kidding) Antarctica
  • Almost anything by Kodo, but their soundtrack to The Hunted in particular.
  • Phillip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqqatsi.
  • Earth's album The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull

I could suggest others, but knowing your- or your group's- general taste in music would help.

deadsmurf

First Post
I dunno, you need to find something that makes you feel oppressed or evokes deserts.

Off the top of my head, something like tribal drumming, classic arabian music... or something like the soundtrack to the mummy, and its sequels.

Cor_Malek

First Post
Fallout (1 and 2) soundtrack, but definitely as an interlude, softened by propositions from posts above. It is ambient music enhancing the feel of desolation, almost at subliminal level, and despite of setting - it fits any desolate place.

Both can be found at NMA portal (I presume that not in an illegal way, or else Bethesda would be all over their asses by now. They took to court someone who had created the damn thing, they sure as hell would sue portal that criticises them all the time :p):
Fallout 1 Soundtrack
Fallout 2 Soundtrack

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I ran Bloodsand Arena last night with the soundtrack to the newer Planet of the Apes playing (music by Danny Elfman). Perfection in a bottle as far as fitting the mood and style of the setting goes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases