[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

EvolutionKB

First Post
The party:

Tondrek: Half-orc Artificer
Rohna: Goliath Fighter
Roswyn d'Sivis: Gnome Wizard
Shava d'Lyrandar: Half-elf Sorceress
Theren d'Lyrandar: Half-elf Warden
Venakhad: Kalashtar Cleric

[sblock=Unanswered Questions]
Is it just a coincidence that gnomes attacked the party, or is The Trust after Roswyn?
A member of House Orien has a grudge against Roswyn, what will he do? http://www.enworld.org/forum/4937117-post192.html
Why did one of the gnomes have a ___that was given to Tondrek from Tamarand?
Line of Draconic Prophecy: "The gears begin to turn. The crimson drake flies within The Storm. It finds the Eye of the Tiger twice..." the message trails off.

[/sblock]

The group makes their way to the airship docking station at House Lyrandar Tower by way of lift, foot, and giant pig.

Lyrandar Tower lies in Highest Towers of the Upper Central Plateau. This was an area of Sharn where one should feel priveleged to walk. At least that is how the residents of this area made the adventurers feel. Many a resident looked down their noses as the "commoners" made their way through their district.

The group passed the mansions with well tended lawns and gardens. Others with tall marble walls and heavily guarded gates. Shops of high fashion and expensive, exotic scents lined some streets. Others buildings held fabulous restaurants, and entertainment like theaters, fantastic illusionary shows, and high priced companionship.

Finally they reached Lyrandar Tower. A pair of guards stood at the bottom near a lift that would take them to the summit. Boris waits for them there
leaning on his cane. "Your ship is Dol Arrah's Sun, the trip itself is paid for by Shava's Uncle. Take care. Upon your return, find me in my office at the University."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good omen, that name." says kalashtar Dol Arrah healer arriving at the scene. He waits for members of The House to lead the way.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek gets many stares, three sniffs, and at least one fainting spell directed his way as he makes it towards Lyrandar tower. For his part, Tondrek was oblivious to all of this. Instead, he seemed to be muttering something about engineering artificial limbs. Which didn't make any of those that caught part of his conversation any happier. Doggie, as usually, kept any of those glarers at bay.

Once at the Tower, Tondrek lost his train of thought and smiled widely. Air Ship! Air Ship! This one talk too? One time, found talky ship. It hate people. And stuff. Sad 'cuz it made wrong. Too many elenamentals in one head. Tried to make it happy. It ran off. Sad.

After a moment, the halfork recognizes the dwarf. When he says he was not coming with them, Tondrek frowned. But how we know were to go? Map? Guide? Talky stone? He claps then starts tracing something mid-air while muttering, I know! Make portable stoney talky thing that makes pictures! Send back and forth. Big magic, need 2... no, 3? 4? 4! 4 shard, maybe, and likely a gnomey with that squiggly thing to use it. Air elemental.. yes, that or big power boom... He continues on that way for a while.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Really?" Shava says, raising an eyebrow. "What role does he play in our expedition?" This just got a lot more interesting. She shot a sidelong glance at Thalon trying to hide her suspicion.

[sblock=DM]Can you shoot me a PM and remind with my relationship with this uncle is like?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
At the mention of the Lyrandar funding of the expedition Thalen's excitement dampens somewhat, hoping that it's not advertised her connection to the House. "Dol Arrah? I'm surprised a Lyrandar airship isn't named after Arawai, those of Sela's Path would almost have insisted on it." the half-elf comments to Shava

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thalen said:
"Dol Arrah? I'm surprised a Lyrandar airship isn't named after Arawai, those of Sela's Path would almost have insisted on it."

"Yes, the Captain, and the ship itself are quite unique..."

Tondrek said:
But how we know were to go? Map? Guide? Talky stone?

Boris pulls a heavy book, leather-bound, inscribed with the symbol of the dragonmarked gnomes and about four inches thick out of his satchel. He holds the book out to Tondrek, then pulls a quill and a jar of ink out of his coat pocket. He also hands these items to the half-orc. "Be careful with these," he says as if talking to a small child. "They're magical," recites from memory, no longer speaking to Tondrek but more to himself. "Write in the journal, and the writing will transfer to an identical book in my possession. We can communicate this way."

Shava said:
"Really?" Shava says, raising an eyebrow. "What role does he play in our expedition?"

"The airship captain has more information for you. He should answer the rest of your questions."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"I need to use the facilities. Excuse me, I'll catch up." Shava slips away from the group quickly, knowing her way around the tower well enough and flashing her ring (and if needed, papers) to anyone who gets in her way. I should have seen this coming. At least its just my uncle. He's not likely to be setting me up for my father. . . intentionally.

Shava finds some privacy and reaches into her empty dagger sheathe with two fingers. With a flick of her wrist and a heavy tug she then pulls from it a full backpack, much larger that the container itself. Swiftly, and with much practice, she removes her belt, boots and outer clothing, leaving her gloves and slips into a more formal dress. Looking in the mirror, she uses prestidigitation to quickly apply some illusory makeup before straightening her hair. She then slips on her stockings, and heels.

Pulling the bag of holding out of the small sheathe she stuffs everything into the bag, including the sheathe itself, then stuff the bag securely into her cleavage.

She catches up to the group shortly before reaching the ship. Her dress and heels are a dark red that match her gloves. The dress cuts out in heart pattern and has no bag to it, showing the dragonmark across her shoulders quite clearly.

At least any spies in my uncle's employ will report back that I greeted my uncle dressed for my station. . . I can't wait to change.

[sblock=ooc]Think Jessica Rabbit, but the gloves are short and red, and of course Shava's hair is still dark brown with an electric blue streak.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Be careful with these," he says as if talking to a small child. "They're magical,"
Tondrek's eyes goes wide as he carefully takes the book and pen. Ignoring everything else, he taps the book carefully around its cover, faint bluish sparkles remarking each touch. He then sniffs the cover and, very delicatly, licks the nib of the pen. At this, he begins giggling fiercly, and flips it open to a random page as the others walk. Throughout, he experiments with the book—writting, erasing, drawing, enchanting, and so on.

He is, of course, totally oblivious to Shava's new appearance.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Shava departs and the group flashes their id papers to the guards near the lift. The lift ascends, taking the group to the airship dock at the top of the tower.

The group looks around for their ship, and Shava returns to them, looking a bit like one of the streetwalkers they encountered on their previous adventure.

They find the airship soon enough, as it stands out from the half a dozen others docking. Dol Arrah's Sun is made of soarwood, like all the others. An orange elemental ring surrounds the ship. The ring crackles slightly like a campfire. Unlike the others, the ship in disrepair. The braces that hold the elemental ring in place are bent, making the ring off center. The hull is blackened in some places and small holes are in several spots. Uncomfortably wide gaps are between the floorboards on the deck. Pieces of railing are broken, or just totally missing.

A pair of goblins are working cleaning and hammering trying to fix things up as best as they can. Another figure can be seen behind a cracked glass enclosed pilot's room.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
SLIGHT EDIT

Shava sighs heavily, but its not all disappointment. Well I knew it wouldn't be too easy, but it is an airship after all. To be in the skys. . .

"Everything is still such a hassle on the docks I see. Hope you didn't strain anything getting into that get-up Shava. And I hope its not for the sailor's benefit."

Shava keeps a slight smile, not reacting in strong emotions as has often been the case with her group. "Oh yes, you are quite amusing. I, of course, would not risk seeing my uncle in anything less than proper attire." She says a little louder than needed.

She keeps on hand braced lightly against Rohna's shoulder as they board. While she was used to walking and heels, and used to being on an airship, the two activities were rarely combined, and certainly never while the ship was in this condition.

She leaned closer to Rohna, and spoke. "When we get to the pilot room, you should step aside and turn to face the deck then enter behind the rest of group. That should establish you as a physical threat and earn you a starting amount of respect should any of these men end up being crew as well."

As well ass ending the right message to my father's spys.

[sblock=ooc]Streetwalker? I'll have you know I paid 30 gp for that dress. :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases