Proposal: Allow Metavoid to play a second PC

evilbob

Explorer
As a community member, I also support this proposal. I've been in some very fast games and some very slow games and ultimately the speed of those games comes down to other people - i.e. factors beyond my control. And even though I have not been, I could see someone being frustrated if they happened to end up in only slow games while someone else who came in around the same time ended up in very fast games and therefore was rewarded more quickly.

Velmont is right: there is no perfect solution - but I think this proposal goes a long way toward making the "reward" of having multiple PCs be more equitably distributed.

Question: so is the condition going to be "4 RP earned" or "4 RP earned OR a character level, whichever comes first"? Just wanted to clarify.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Question: so is the condition going to be "4 RP earned" or "4 RP earned OR a character level, whichever comes first"? Just wanted to clarify.
Good question. I'd say either, but if we want to show dedication as the incentive, then it should only be 4RP for consistency. I'll let r1 or KD chime in here.

renau1g

First Post
I think just changing to 4RP earned is better as I don't truly expect anyone to level before 4 months, even with the doubling of xp here.

I just looked back over Moonwatch and it was 4 months before they got their level and in Cannith it has been since Jan 29th and you should be levelling after the next fight. So that one will likely be 6 months. Cannith was slowed down a bit by the loss of nearly 1/2 the original group (lost 3 of 7)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The fastest leveler I saw was Faile who leveled after 3 months and a week without using any of his Reward Points.

He beat out my group by 2 days who leveled after 3 months and 9 days without using any of their Reward Points. Note: Faile had an edge since he came in during round one of an encounter, not the beginning of a campaign. Cheater. ;)

I haven't really checked any of the campaigns that I was not in.

I'm totally fine with it being 4 RP and having level not matter, but I agree with stonegod that it should be "earned 4 RP (even if not yet awarded)". This too is equitable. In fact, this is totally equitable. You show up and participate for 4 months, you've earned your strips.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
In L4W, Zombie and Crooks took 85 days to get a level, that's less than 3 months. But if that situation ever occur in LEB, I would not complain to have a fast level even if that means to wait a bit more to get my second character.

renau1g

First Post
I think that its the exception rather than the rule for the quick levels.

So just need stonegod and THB to vote either way, at least 1 needs to vote yes for it to pass.

renau1g

First Post
Ok so with THB voting yes, that means all the active judges have voted and even if Kal came back right now it would still pass even if he voted no. Therefore in 48 hours from stonegod's yes vote (which is tomorrow morning at 10:25 AM EST) this proposal will pass and be effective.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases