Proposal: Allow Metavoid to play a second PC

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'm torn on this. On one hand, three or four months seems a pretty large committment. On the other hand, most "regulars" have been around since the beginning. A bunch of people lately have disappeared.

What are Metavoids intentions with this? If he makes another PC, will that fill out out a party?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'm torn on this. On one hand, three or four months seems a pretty large committment. On the other hand, most "regulars" have been around since the beginning. A bunch of people lately have disappeared.

Of the 5 most recent people that have disappeared that I know of, 4 had leveled and played for 4+ months: Cabana, Farce, RickRoll, and Kalidrev. So the rules change wouldn't had done anything for them. They would have still had the opportunity to create a second PC (and two of them did).

Zissou quit after a few weeks and 12 total posts. Again, the rule would not affect anyone who quit so quickly.

What are Metavoids intentions with this? If he makes another PC, will that fill out out a party?

I don't know if he intended to join Antithetist's adventure or not, but he was told that the second PC that he had already created couldn't adventure since his first PC hadn't leveled.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
One of the adventure I am in L4W had a problem with half the party disappearing. It happened about 2 months in. Granted 2/3 were new to the forum (so was I (more or less) and another player however).

Perhaps post count could be a factor to consider as well? If they are active on other parts of the forums, they would probably be more likely to stick around.

As for MetaVoid, he does have two characters on L4W. He is in an adventure I am in and he is a good player.

Antithetist

First Post

I actually don't know whether he intended his 2nd PC to join my adventure or not, he's given no indication either way. However if this was to be approved and he did decide to join the adventure, it would certainly balance the party out, since so far we have 5 players and only one hybrid Leader (1 healing power per encounter). His 2nd PC is to be a Runepriest, so from my point of view it'd be perfect.

Actually, I'll PM him now and check whether, rules permitting, he's keen on coming on the adventure.

I just read PM from Antithetist.

I didn't show any interest (and mostly kept silent without having Orsik join active players) because I didn't think I could play.

Thank you KarinsDad for good intentions :)

I WOULD prefer to play, I have enough time to manage four characters and hope to gain 5th in time. That said, I have three active characters and therefore if this proposal doesn't pass I don't mind waiting.

In my first adventure, CaBaNa was DM, he dissapeared. And we lost half the party along with DM. I believe we lost total of four characters (including shamaness that didn't show at the start). Neurotic said that CaBaNa was caught up in some new work or extra work or something like that...and all players had under 200 posts total...neurotic, modest and myself finished that adventure and all three are still playing

Does that help the decissions?

Velmont

First Post
I've lost 2 PC. The first just at the moment I was awarding enough XP to level (Radtash played by Impact) and I lost a second a few month later (Gruff played by Tinwe).

But I agree that XP reward are tricky, as they are not constant. Some adventure give XP fairly quickly, other more slowly. That's depend on the adventure itself, on the master and on the PC activity.

But I think if we seek a perfect solution, we won't find one.

renau1g

First Post
So, the proposal is to allow someone to play a second PC if they have made a level, or if 4 months have gone by in their current adventure and they haven't yet leveled. I think playing here for one third of a year shows enough commitment to be allowed a second PC and this rule would handle players in adventures that might be a bit more skill challenge focused, or adventures that have slow points in time for whatever reason.

I've considered this proposal and I believe time is as good an indicator as XP awarded. It also will allow DM's to focus on story without feeling the need to have a couple fights to get the players enough xp for a second PC. If someone sticks out four months, that's likely a decent barometer for time as those who dropped out without leveling were (for the most part) under that timeframe, and those who've dropped over that amount had already leveled so they were eligible (and in some cases had) made 2nd PCs.

So, in other words YES to amending the charter to allow a person a second PC based on 4 months of time ACTIVE in an adventure. I think that's an important point to make. If someone disappears two months in and then comes back after a month off and plays for another month, they shouldn't be eligible. It's a corner case as those who leave usually don't come back, but just adding that caveat.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Do want those to be four consecutive months or four cumulative? If the latter, then we can just word it as "earned 4 RP (even if not yet awarded)" as you only get an RP if you complete the month.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases