[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
Grys starts the exodus from the Tower's Shard, and five others keen to take up Professor Farrow's offer of gainful employment soon follow his lead. Outside the inn it's a fine day, pleasant and mild. The bustling streets are dappled in shifting patterns where shafts of sunlight are able to pierce the throng of towers that rears up above Dura. A rank of skycabs is visible a little way down the street, providing the most obvious means of transport to the university district of Upper Menthis.

Figured I'd get this started up so that you guys can rp a little and get to know each other while you're travelling. Still waiting for a conclusion about our possible 6th party member but no reason you guys can't chat in the meantime.

Player Characters:
Mythra (Luinnar) - Eladrin Wizard 4
kal'Tarron (rb780nm) - Deva Avenger 4
Grys (KarinsDad) - Eladrin Swordmage/Wizard 4
Serris (raion) - Human Ardent/Battlemind 4
Baracus(Cleverusername) - Human Fighter 4
Orsik (MetaVoid) - Goliath Runepriest 4

RULES:

- Please include a summary of your character's stats and current status (hp, surges, powers used, temporary buffs/debuffs and so on) and a link to your character sheet in your first post, and in each post you make during combat. Cleverusername, I already have your sheet - thanks. KD, I know you lost your character from the wiki, do you perhaps have a character builder file that you could send me? Email inarticule[at]googlemail.com.

- Please make an account at Invisible Castle if you don't already have one. If you're making a roll, do it there, and include a link to it in your post. If you have another diceroller you prefer to use then let me know so I can check it out and give it the thumbs-up.

- I will make use of sblocks. Sometimes these will contain information that requires you to beat a certain skill check DC to access it, sometimes they will be directed at specific players. Either way, please abide by the honour system and don't read sblocks that you shouldn't.

- I will roll initiative for everybody to keep things moving. Players who beat the enemies' Init will go first, then all the enemies (on the same count), then all the players. You don't need to wait for your own specific Initiative count to post, and actions will be resolved in the order that they are posted.

- If you make a wishlist, I'll consult it when I'm distributing loot.

- I'm hoping for a fast-ish posting rate. 1/day would be lovely. If any of you guys know you won't be able to make that routinely, tell me now so I can adjust my expectations. Otherwise, if I'm waiting on a post from somebody and they're holding up the game for more than 24 hours, they'll be NPCd. If your posting will be interrupted temporarily (for holidays or suchlike) then just tell me beforehand.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra walks out of the tavern ignoring the others. Hopefully they won't get in his way. I see that other Eladrin is here, the one who "eats dwarfs." Hopefully he won't be so happy this time. Mythra thinks. He can't abide be unnaturally happy people.

Martha, Mythra white cat familiar makes her was among the people with interest. It gives everyone a look. If it could talk it would say "New people to scratch me around the ears; and maybe we will see some of those funny things with swords to scratch!"

[sblock=ooc]
The dwarf thing is a joke from our last adventure :p
Mythra Stelwart[Sblock=stats]
Male Eladrin Wizard 4
Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 19
HP 38/38hp, Bloodied 19, Surge Value 19, Surges 9/9
AC 17; Fortitude 15, Reflex 16, Will 17
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Speed 6
Action Points:1
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Illusory Ambush
Storm Pillar

Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Presidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Shield
Grasping Shadows
Shock Beetle Swarm
Tome of Binding

Daily:
Sleep
Summon Tome

[/Sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
A few kobold grifters look ready to make a play for the eladrin, but seeing the others hurrying to catch up, scurry back to the shadows of an alleyway.

[sblock=ooc]
Judge here [/sblock]

raion

First Post
Serris walks out of the tavern and over towards the skycabs. His bag is back over his shoulder, and he's obviously leaning on the spear. He gets a short distance before he stops, looks around, and takes a deep breath. A wave of contentment flows around him as he continues to walk.. slower this time.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, new here.. I'll try another color..[/sblock]

[sblock=sheet]Serris - Male Human Ardent|Battlemind (Mantle: Elation) 4
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:20, Fort:18, Ref:18, Will:20 -- Speed:5(6 w/ pp)
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges Left: 11/11
Power Points: 4, Action Points: 1, MI Daily Uses: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Ire Strike, Energizing Strike, Whirling Defense
Battlemind’s Demand, Mindspike, Spectral Legion
Ardent Surge, Implanted Suggetion, Feather Step
Byeshk Spear Power
Mantle of Elation: Serris and each ally within 5 squares has +3 to damage rolls for opportunity Attacks. Each ally within 5 squares gets +2 to diplomacy and intimidate.
Conditions: None[/sblock]

Serris Vilman

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, do we want to take a cab, or do we want to walk and save money on this fine day?" Grys asks. "It's only a few miles away."

[sblock=Luinnar]
Don't worry. Grys is far from a happy guy. He just happens to be on one of his upswings in mood. The opposite is sure to show up. ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Grys - Male Eladrin Hybrid Swordmage Wizard
Medium natural humanoid (Fey)
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +3
Passive Insight: 13 Passive Perception: 18
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 39/39
Bloodied 19
Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 8/8
AC 22 Fortitude 14 Reflex 18 Will 17 Speed 6
Saving Throws +5 vs Charm Effects
Action Points: 1

Powers:
At will:
Scorching Burst
Sword Burst
Familiar Harrier
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Presidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Aegis of Shielding
Sword of Sigils
Fire Shroud

Daily:
Flaming Sphere

Trained: 8 Athletics, 8 Endurance, 8 Perception, 8 Stealth

Untrained: 3 Acrobatics, 11 Arcana, 1 Bluff, 1 Diplomacy, 3 Dungeoneering, 3 Heal, 11 History, 3 Insight, 1 Intimidate, 3 Nature, 7 Religion, 1 Streetwise, 3 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Arcane Familiar
White Lotus Riposte

Magic Items:
+2 Challenge-Seeking Longsword
+2 Magic CLoth Armor
Gauntlets of Arcane Might
+1 Amulet of Protection
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Judge here [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Thanks r1! Apparently it's not possible for me to edit the title of my thread. Doh. Hopefully a kindly moderator will update it at some point. fixed[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, new here.. I'll try another color..[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Hell, nothing to apologise for, just a coincidental clash. Thanks for changing it, I updated the first post with the new colour. Just ask if you have any queries as a newbie, I'll be happy to help you along.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=update title]
You need to hit edit & then there's something that says "go Advanced" which will take you to a new screen that will all you to edit the title [/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
"You ain't gettin' me on any of those sky cabs, flying's for fools. You get up there, something happens...you fall and *splat*, not to mention those sky pirates I keep hearing about. No, I'll be walking." Baracus says, punching his right fist into his left palm to emphasize the splat

[sblock=ooc]

Baracus[Sblock=stats]
Male Human Fighter 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 14, Passive Perception 14
HP 52/52hp, Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13, Surges 11/11
AC 22; Fortitude 23, Reflex 16, Will 16
Speed 5
Action Points:1

Powers:
At will:
Grappling Strike
Knockdown Assault
Dual Strike

Encounter:
Takedown Attack
Slamming Rush
Forceful Drag

Daily:
Villain's Menace
Dwarven Scale Armor +1

[/Sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
kal'Tarron exits the Tavern behind Grys. "I am happy to walk"

[sblock=OOC] Is this text color any better? Also, I'm happy to average 1post/day - but I'm travelling next week, so there might be a 24hr gap in posting monday/tuesday[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Stats: kal'Tarron]kal'Tarron - Male Deva Avenger - Medium natural humanoid (Immortal)

Initiative: +3 - Passive Insight: 18- Passive Perception: 21
HP 44/44 - Bloodied 22 - Surge Value 11; Surges Per-Day 8/8
AC 21 - Fortitude 14 Reflex 17 Will 17 Speed 6
Action Points: 1 -Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: At will: Bond of Retribution - Radiant Vengance
Encounter: Oath of Emnity - Channel Divinity (Abjure/Guide/Prey) - Avenging Echo - Halo of Fire Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Daily: Temple of Light -Blessing of Vengeance
Skills: Acrobatics+3,Arcana+6,Athletics+2,Bluff+2,Diplomacy+2,Dungeoneering+6, Endurance+3,Heal+11,History+8,Insight+8,Intimidate+2,Nature+6,Perception+11,
Religion+13,Stealth+8,Streetwise+2,Thievery+3
Feats:Auspicious Lineage, Improved Armour of Faith, Balinor's Prey
Inventory: Sanguine Robes +1, Bloodclaw Greataxe +2, Holy Symbol of Hope +1, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, Rations, trail, Rope, silk (50'), Sunrods (2), 391gp, 9sp

wiki page: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:kal'Tarron_Alrahain(rb780nm)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
"Well, do we want to take a cab, or do we want to walk and save money on this fine day?" Grys asks. "It's only a few miles away."
Yes, you would want to walk, Mythra says with a sneer as he walks to the sky cabs. He needed time to think anyway. Think of the best way to get that stupid human alone and mention Jarren's name. This will be an entertaining trip...

Martha stays with Grys however, hoping to get another look at the flying rat that follows him around.

[sblock=KarinsDad]
I have nothing against Grys. Mythra does not either, he generally dislikes everybody ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases