Male Drow favored class...

kreynolds

First Post
Does anybody else but me find it really frickin' wierd that a male drow's favored class is wizard, when arguably, over 80% of male drow are fighter types? Think about it. In just about any given encounter with male drow, do you see 4 wizards and 1 fighter? Hell no! You see 4 fighters (at least) and 1 wizard, maybe even a couple of rogues in there.

Maybe it's just me.

Corlon

First Post
kreynolds said:
Does anybody else but me find it really frickin' wierd that a male drow's favored class is wizard, when arguably, over 80% of male drow are fighter types? Think about it. In just about any given encounter with male drow, do you see 4 wizards and 1 fighter? Hell no! You see 4 fighters (at least) and 1 wizard, maybe even a couple of rogues in there.

Maybe it's just me.

heheh, you're right

Just wondering, is this sparked by my thread, or was it just posted right after mine?:D

Dr. Zoom

First Post
It's just their elf blood. They can freely pick up wizard levels to add to their other profession. I would make some of my male drow bad guys have a level or 3 of wizard, just to be able to buff themselves a little.

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Male Drow favored class...

Corlon said:
Just wondering, is this sparked by my thread, or was it just posted right after mine?:D

It's something that's been bugging me ever since the FRCS came out, but yeah, it was your thread that reminded me of this. :)

Xarlen

First Post
I'm sure the fact that K has his nose in the CotSQ didn't help that either. :D

I know what you mean, K. But, the way atleast Menzoberranzan is set up, only Noble males become wizards, because they are sponsered by their house. The reason there are mainly male wizards is because Females are either priestesses, or they're not on the social ladder, thus become fighter types.

Women are rarely wizards, because the pressure for more priestesses in the House, but when they show a blatant talent for Arcane magics, then they do it.

But, I would think the majority of males encountered are foot soldiers, and the Wizard is the noble.

Of course, I'm taking this info from Salvator's books, not any real game material, so I'm not that reliable. :)

Kai Lord

Hero
kreynolds said:

Maybe it's just me.

That's not the weirdest thing. I've never, in any campaign I've ever played, come across a Human Any.

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Male Drow favored class...

Kai Lord said:
That's not the weirdest thing. I've never, in any campaign I've ever played, come across a Human Any.

You've never played with the Any class!?! Dude! It totally rocks!!! you don't even have to pick feats or anything! You can do it all! :D

Kai Lord

Hero
Re: Re: Re: Male Drow favored class...

kreynolds said:

You've never played with the Any class!?! Dude! It totally rocks!!! you don't even have to pick feats or anything! You can do it all! :D

I thought that class was renamed "Cleric." :)

Remove ads