Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Character Builder?

IronWolf

blank
All valid concerns. Allow me to provide a bit more information for you to consider...

Thanks for stopping by to answer questions. It is appreciated and nice to see vendors participating in forum conversations.

lonewolfdevel said:
We realize lots of gamers have a second computer, which is why the basic purchase includes support for two different computers. We also realize that more and more gamers have a third - or sometimes fourth - computer that they use regularly. For situations like this, we offer additional secondary licenses for $10. This basically allows you to run Hero Lab on a third or fourth computer for a small, one-time cost. All add-ons purchased through the primary license are fully accessible via all secondary licenses.

I did see that there were additional secondary licenses available for $10. The prices just start to add up. I am probably not typical in this case, I assume most folks have either one machine they use or possibly a desktop and laptop.

lonewolfdevel said:
There's a great deal of complexity in developing quality software. It's even harder to keep things constantly updated for a growing, evolving target like Pathfinder. We believe Hero Lab offers a great deal more ease of use, power, and flexibility than the free alternatives. Many will find the cost of Hero Lab well worth the investment, while some will prefer to use the free tools. Everyone will weigh the tradeoffs slightly differently, which is why we make Hero Lab freely available for full evaluation. That way, everyone can take all the various tools for a test drive and make their own determination.

I tend towards favoring open source software design for more than just cost reasons. Good point that the consumer ultimately have to choose which tradeoffs they are willing to accept when comparing HeroLab to some of the current free character builders. The demo certainly does help one make the decision as to what HeroLab brings to the table.

lonewolfdevel said:
With regards to your concern about the company disappearing sometime, all I can do is provide some historical perspective. We've been in business for 16 years now. We've been selling software tools for tabletop gaming for 12 years, and we've grown every year. Dozens of other companies purporting to do the same have come and gone during that time, but we're the only ones who've made it through.

We're not going away.... :)[/QUOTE]

Cool - I was not aware of your history.

Again, thanks for stopping by the thread to answer questions and such. It is appreciated.

lonewolfdevel

First Post
All of which brings me to my major concern -- when is the Macintosh version coming out? And do you need beta testers?

We're actively working on a native Mac port. The plan is to release it late this year. We're still many months from being ready to Beta test it.

Edit: Doh! Ninja'd by Colen.

Belen

Adventurer
The license reactivation process is handled through a simple wizard and takes less than 30 seconds to complete.

It has also been stated that you have to renew your license each year. Is this correct? If so, does this mean that you are paying for the same content each year?

That is not an attractive option. I like to own my material rather than license it.

coyote6

Adventurer
FWIW, I've been using HeroLab for a couple of years now -- ever since they debuted the M&M content -- and I haven't had to pay to renew a license or the like.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It has also been stated that you have to renew your license each year. Is this correct? If so, does this mean that you are paying for the same content each year?

That is not an attractive option. I like to own my material rather than license it.

The HeroLab license doesn't have to be renewed - it's good for life AFAIK. Add-ons (such as the Bestiary and upcoming APG) have to be purchased, but once purchased my understanding is that updates to them are available for life as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases