Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC Bump.

Let me know if you want to prepare any spells, concealed weapons etc. for the upcoming social event, otherwise I will procede next Monday.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Could I sneak in and smuggle some weapons in there to be ready? And Mystal finds some character (maybe with Shakouo help) to disguise his rapier as walking stick (bamboo or otherwise)

Shayuri

First Post
Annika goes out and buys significantly nicer clothes than she normally wears; a long red dress that followed the shape of her body, but with its high collar and long, narrow skirt that was slitted for ease of movement, it showed very little actual skin. The surface of the garment was studded with tiny red sequins, making it seem to ripple like dragonskin as she moved. Her lengthy orange-red tresses she tied into a simple tail that flowed to and fro behind her.

She hid no weapons on her person. Tonight she would be all the weapon she needed.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
No problem for Mystal to sneak in a cache of weapons, although reviewing the characters no-one really needs much. Shakou can help disguise Mystal's rapier as a bamboo staff, again no problem.

I'm assuming that Ape, Mystal, Annika and Shakou are the characters going to the party.
[/sblock]

The Magister's residence is a fine building set amidst a walled compound on a promontory in the northwest corner of town, where the Leng and Anhoi rivers meet. The residence has some fine river frontage and its own private bathing steps, landing stage and roofed balcony over the Leng River.

The place has been lavishly decorated for the Laburnum Festival, with festoons of yellow flowers hanging everywhere. A salsham'ai band plays music for charo and stone-chimes whilst servants circulate with drinks and food.

The Vashti has dressed in simple but elegant white robes, with her hair worn up. She has managed to look stylish without looking like she cares about style. She leads you to meet Magister Ten, a white-haired Anhoine man looking more like a friendly uncle than the leader of the town (and suspected patron of underworld gangs).

"Ah, our young Vashti," he says as you approach. "My condolences on the loss of your great aunt, she was a fine example to us all."

The Vashti bows politely. "Thank you Magister. Your invitation was a little vague concerning my guests, so we were a little self-selecting. May I present Mistress Annika, Mistress Shakou, Master Growling Ape and Master Mystal. They are currently helping the narvinda with a few, er, secular matters."

"A pleasure to meet you all. I'm hearing some strange tales of your deeds, I must say. Peace treaties with wolves, fighting off gangs of wayward youths, heading into the depths of Kumo Forest. It would be an honour to hear more of your exploits. Tell me, is any of it true?" The Magister gives a sly but friendly smile, the kind that says "go on, you can let me in one the joke."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal frowns at salsham'ai performing and avoids contact with them. The Magister's smile doesn't help and after short nod and shallow bow at the introductions he hides among bigger companions.

OOC: We need poeple person, somebody who can serve as party's erm...front end? Representative?

[sblock=Maneuvers selected]
Active Stance: Flame's blessing

Readied Maneuvers:
Shadow Jaunt
Counter Charge <-- this replaces Shadow strike technique
Fire reposte
Clever Positioning <-- this replaces Drain of Vitality
Stone bones
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Annika steps forward and bows. In a neutrally pleasant tone she answers, "We would be honored to share our adventures with you, Magister. As for the truth of the tales, that is hard for me to judge without having heard those tales. But what we tell you will be true, if you wish to hear it."
(Annika has a good Cha and some Bluff...she may be our de facto Face :))

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Wonderful," says the Magister. A servant passes by and the Magister calls her over to the group. "Won't you try some sickle root?" he says, gesturing to the tray of sliced tuber that the servant is carrying. "I've had them specially imported from Fon. Well, anyway, one story that I've heard was that you brought back a couple of wild children from Kumo Forest. A strange find indeed. So tell me, Mistress Annika, is this true?" the magister asks with a touch of mock innocence. The Vashti looks uncomfortable.

[sblock=OOC]
Some Sense Motive checkss rolled for all. Note that although I don't announce the numerical results I will alter the descriptive text according to how successful (or not) your characters are.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Standing in his simple gloves, Ape just grins at the Magister, combining the look of a grinning monkey and the face of a very simple minded man.

[sblock=ooc]

Does Ape recognizes the plant? He doesn't want to eat a drug or something.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Growling Ape]
Ape knows and recognises sickle root, a rare plant found only on the islands of Fon and eaten as a delicacy - it's harmless. He also knows that yaama drug comes from the same plant (from the flowers) - both the legal golden yaama and the illegal black yaama.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases