Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal moves in, swinging Shakou around into the space beside Annika. Abruptly Shakou morphs into her Fnoi-tiger form and jinks past Annika, darting out of the door onto the walkway around atop the walls of the Magister's house.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal's Acrobatics check 19+11=30, success
Touch attack 9+9=18, hits.
Shakou fails her Reflex save.

Shakou transforms into tiger form
Acrobatics check to move through Annika's space without AoO fails.

Initiative:
Annika (also AoO if you want)
Mystal
Ape
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika mutters an oath and runs outside to see where the tiger is going.

"We may have to knock her out!" she complains as she goes.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"Why? Knocking someone out will not exorcise the spirit. And if it does it can simply possess someone else." Ape asks the sorceress calmly.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Killing her would probably free the spirit too, no? At least knocking her down may delay it for a time."

Walking Dad

First Post

"I wanted to suggest to let her go. We cannot currently fight the spirit directly and may only harm her. But we should remain near the Vashti, if the spirit brings Shakou's body bag. Why should knocking her out delay anything but send us on a goose chase?" Ape further explains.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.

Baboon Traits:
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"If she's unconscious, she can't HURT anyone!" Annika shouts, irritated. "Then we'll have time to figure out how to exorcise the spirit, without having to worry about where she is, or who she's attacking!"

Walking Dad

First Post

"Don't you understand? If she is knocked out, the spirit, who is invisible to the unawakened eye and incorporeal, can either just take over the one who knocked it's host body out or maybe a guard we leave at the Vashti's side. I'm neither powerful enough to prevent the possession of many people, nor to hold the spirit itself captive. SHE maybe cannot hurt one, but the spirit still can and it isn't bound to her body." Ape further explains.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape

Baboon Traits:
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The corridor outside the reception room is a roofed balcony over the outer wall to the Magister's residence, with a balustrade surmounted by wooden pillars supporting the roof. Shakou-tiger leaps up and over the balustrade to the left, down into a lavish walled garden. All this Annika notices from her position outside the door.

Meanwhile, back in the reception room:

"Guards, find that tiger!" shouts Magister Ten. The four guards present in the room share a brief silent look where they compare if they are being paid enough, then two push past Annika, the other two head the other way. Shouts go up across the complex.

"Don't... don't hurt her..." says the Vashti, weakly. Her wound is bad, although Mystal seems to have stabilised her.

"Madam Vashti, I must insist on getting you somewhere where your wounds can be attended to safely," says the Magister, calling over a stunned servant. He turns to face Growling Ape, anger plain on his face. "As for you, you seem to know a lot about what to do. Go and help my men, you and the Vashti's other guests. Stop your friend. I'll hold you responsible for any more damage she causes."

Walking Dad

First Post

"She is my sister-in-arms, but I'm not responsible for her actions. And I know what actions would be futile, but not a solution. My duty is to protect the Vashti not to go on a wild goose chase. I know healing magic and can protect myself from possession. Can you? If not, it seems I should stay with the Vashti or bring her back to Sister Herbalist. " Ape further explains calmly at the enraged man. He wonders if he voiced the true reason of his rage or if he just wants to be alone with the Vashti.
In preparation of carrying her, Ape changes to his animal shape and casts his spirit magic onto her.

[sblock=ooc]

casting Lesser Vigor to give the Vashti fast healing.

--------
Ape

Baboon Traits:
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We stay with her. We were through much and, with all due respect, are more capable then your guards, however well you pay them, Magister. You should wonder who of your staff will be next to be possessed and attack you or yours rather then raging at us."

Mystal calmly steps over Vashti and lowers his hood, his spirit heritage visible to all. He meets the gaze of enraged man with diamond hard stare.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases