Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
This Magister Ten isn't the owner of the suspicious garden, is he?
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
When you calculate where the above-ground location must be compared to the underground access ... yes.

The Magister's domicile is on a promontory at the north-west corner of town, where the Leng and Anhoi rivers meet.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"It seems we'll have to delay further investigation. We need to attend that terrible event and without paladin. Should we warn Vaashti about that garden? And it's owner?"

"As the owner seems to be our gracious host, we should be at least very careful, if we not outright warn the Vashti." Ape suggests.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika looks at Ape sharply. "Not warn the Vashti? Not? How can we not? This could be a trap we're being invited into! In fact, it almost has to be! Whoever's behind all this knows who we are, and it's common knowledge we're staying with the Vashti."

"Maybe we should make an unannounced visit, just to see if we can glimpse his plans."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't think we'd be let in unnounced, unless you're proposing we two go in unnoticed. And we need to warn Vaashti at least to let her know our suspicions not to acuse The Magister."

Theroc

First Post
"Perhaps it's just paranoia, but are we certain the Vashti is wholly uninvolved? I generally find laying out suspicions of that sort without any form of proof tends to end badly for those laying them out... if someone overhears us telling the Vashti..." Shakou let the sentence drop, leaving the remainder to their imagination as she looked about, sniffing.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"No proof? I can show anyone the tunnel. And they lead to this man's garden. It is not a suspicion but a fact. Let the Vashti come to her own conclusions.

And I trust her."
Ape states.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't know her enough personally, but one of my people trusted her. Adn besides, if we cannot trust her with such information, who can we? We cannot do everything by ourselves. She should know in advance so she can take steps to abolish us from any responsibility in the eyes of others."

Shayuri

First Post
Annika's eyes flash angrily.

"I trust the Vashti," she says flatly. "If you trust me, then you will trust her. And we must fill her in on everything we've seen and learned. Her wisdom will guide us."

Theroc

First Post
"Then all we need to do is ensure none save the Vashti hears our story..." Shakou said simply, shrugging her feline shoulders.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Later, at the narvinda...

"You're sure of this?" asks the Vashti. She gets up and paces across her office and back. "Well... It would be a grave insult not to turn up to the Magister's party, and I don't think we should accuse him outright. Perhaps this is just some coincidence?

"Either way, it might be a good opportunity to find out more. Somebody is supplying this gang with magic, magical creatures and drugs, and that takes more money than any of them are likely to have. But the Magister? He's been in charge of Cormondal for years, I can't imagine that...

"I will trust your judgement, but you'll have to take care. Try not to start any fights, not that they'll let you take weapons in with you anyway. We've got about two hours to get ready."

[sblock=OOC]
Since several days have passed since the last fight, you are all at full health and magic capability. Those of you who prepare spells or ready maneuvres need to do so. Let me know any other preparations you want to take as well.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases