Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, initial roll was also on Reflex. Basically, each round you use the affected item requires a save, as well as one at the time of casting.

Of course, Mystal would realise that the rapier was slimed, so it is also legitimate to drop it (free action) and use something else, but since you've already rolled...

Shayuri

First Post
With a shrill cry, Annika spins in the air and launches herself upward and forward, talons extended to strike at the annoying rust mephit!

(Full attack on the little bastard!)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: No, I haven't abandoned this one yet! Just been too busy to attend to combat matters. It's good job the two big fights in Borderlands and Crimson Throne finished when they did!

The rust mephit is an agile aerielist, too swift for Annika to get a claw too. The two flyers weave amongst stalactites over the underground lake.

Meanwhile, Ape's summoned fire spirit moves towards the next opponent, an ooze crawling up the scree slopes. With a sizzle, the fire spirit engulfs and fries the ooze to a thick tar-like matter.

[sblock=OOC]
So after that prolonged wait, misses all round for Annika's attacks.

Fire elemental hits Ooze #1, which only had 1hp left

Waiting for actions from
@walkingdad Growling Ape
[MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] Chaar
[MENTION=6680745]ahayford[/MENTION] Glip

No great need to wait for initiative order to arrive.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Once more should take care of this last creature over here, then we can move on to help Glip and Mystal. Chaarr looks curiously at his wand and smacks it several times against his palm, confused as to why that last blast of flame would be so much weaker than the previous two. Or maybe not . . . I wonder if the magic is running out?

[sblock=Actions][/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

OOC: Was he able to use the healing wand on both himself and Annika? Is anyone else wounded and in his range? Preferably an ally ;)

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 48/50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Although the magic is weaker this time, there is enough power in Chaar's fire wand to burn the ooze to a crisp. The little ura just in time turns his attention to the ooze-man lumbering up beside him, and deftly avoids its clumsly swing of a melting arm. Ape then uses the healing wand to restore some of his health.

Meanwhile, across the lake, Glip tries to sidestep the oozeman blocking him from the wizard, skewering the creature with his trident as he does so. It flails weakly at him but he pushes it away.

The wizard hurls a dart of acidic energy at Mystal, which flies high and lands with a splat and a fizz on the wall behind. The two oozes in the water edge ever closer, one of them seeping over the side onto the ledge beside the wizard.

"Free me!" comes a scratchy voice clearly to everyone, not just Chaar this time, but it is unclear where it comes from or who is saying it.

Over the lake, Annika-eagle and the rust mephit fight on in a flurry of claws.

[sblock=OOC]
So:

Ape - yes, healing already accounted for on Annika and Ape. Chaar is nearby so I rolled a 4 for healing him.

Chaar - wand of burning hands, enough to kill ooze 1.

Glip - 5 ft. step north, hits oozeman 2 for 7 damage.

Oozeman 2 - miss Glip
Oozeman 5 - miss Chaar
Wizard - acid arrow vs. Mystal, miss (that was three natural ones in a row!)
Mephit - 2 claws against Annika, both miss.

Next up:

Mystal (currently unarmed)
Annika (currently in bird form)
Ape
Fire elemental
Chaar
Glip
Bad Guys
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 6.jpg
    Cavern 6.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 70

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal looks down on his trusty rapier and his stance widens as he goes even lower then his height would indicate. Drawing his backup weapon, small silver dagger, he lunges and cuts the mages leg where back-of-the-knee tendons would be.

Despite seemingly oozing nature, dagger cuts through viscous flesh, pulling big glob of the substance out of the mages body.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: draw dagger
Swift: change into giant killing stance (gain +2 to hit and +4 to damage against creatures larger then Mystal)

Standard: Shadow blade technique vs mage AC; damage; cold damage (1d20+8+2=14, 1d20+8+2=29, 1d3-2+4+4=9, 1d6=1) - cold damage applies only if mages AC is 14 or less, damage bonuses are from Insightful Strike and Giant killing stance, -2 penalty is from STR mod and silver weapon
So: 9 damage with silver dagger
Shadow blade technique crit confirmation (1d20+8+2=12) - probably not confirmed, if yes, the hit does additional 9 damage :)
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is a flare of light and an acrid smell as Mystal's strike passes through a magical barrier surrounding the wizard, but his aim is true and his tiny blade strikes deep. The creature seems to leave some coherence and sags within its robes, but it still clutches the metal-tipped staff in a pseudopod.

[sblock=OOC]
9 damage to wizard. Cold damage and critical do not hit.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Frustrated, Annika powers away from the mephit, rising into the air and weaving between stalagtites, then wheels and with a beat of her wings sends another bolt of flame streaking at the mephit, trailing a little smoky trail in its wake as it goes!

(Elemental bolt...consarnit. Embarrassing to be given a hard time by a mephit, but I can't cast spells in bird shape :))

(Also, sorry about the stupid long time it took me to post. Lost track of the game at some point and forgot I was up...>:| )

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases