Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Shayuri

First Post
Annika looked at the others, not knowing what to think. The Vashti was important, yes...and she hadn't forgotten the suspicion this man was under...but to just let Shakou run around under the possession of this creature?

"It's already tried to possess me, and failed," she said. "I can fight it off again if need be. You stay with Vashti. I will find Shakou and stop her. If the spirit emerges...I think I can hurt it."

With that she took off running in the direction she'd seen the tiger going in.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika races after Shakou. She can see the tigress darting across the lawns of this roof-top garden, heading for a narrow fap at the far end of the main building.

Meanwhile, inside:

Muscles clench in the Magister's jaw, the abruptly he gives a small bow and steps back.

"Your loyalty is commendable, gentlemen," he says. "I will submit to your superior knowledge in such matters."

The Vashti, aided by Ape's spell, is now able to stand and she gives Ape's arm a brief squeeze of thanks.

"I'll be alright, both of you," she says. "Thank you. Mistress Kumiko, permit me to help you with that injury?" she adds, turning to the wounded woman from the Merchants League.

Attachments

• Magisters House 3.jpg
    Magisters House 3.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 54

Shayuri

First Post
"Shakou! Try to fight it!" Annika urges. Even as she does though, she pushes another blast of flame from her hands on an attempt to chase the spirit out of her friend with pain!

(ranged touch...uh...lemme look it up... :))

Dr Simon

Explorer
Fire lances out of Annika's outstretched hand, but the tiger-Shakou jinks at the last second down a narrow gap between the house and the upper garden wall. Annika's fire merely leaves a blackened patch on the wall.

Meanwhile, inside:

"Of course," says the Magister as politely as he can, "as registered jiunsami, I can order you to perform your civic duty to assist with magical threats."

The Vashti steps back from Mistress Kumiko, surveying her work. Ignoring the Magister she turns to Ape and Mystal.

"We need to find Shakou," she says. "I know a sutra that will calm her down. Don't worry, she won't be able to attack me again."

[sblock=OOC]
Ranged touch attack for Annika 10+5=15 which, astonishingly, is a miss!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"With the Vashti save and a real plan what to do when we find Shakou, I'm eager to help to rid her from the spirit that corrupted her in this house." Ape nods to the Vashti's words, but not spars the magister a suggestion that spirit possession in his own house brings also responsibility to him.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We knew the risks. Let's go. I'll stay with you, Vashti."
Mystal follows, leaving the garden last, all the way looking behind at two nobles and their guards.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Vashti, Growling Ape and Mystal leave the Magister's reception room and join Annika outside in the garden. There is no sign of Shakou, but a patch of the wall at the end of the garden is blackened and smouldering.

[sblock=OOC]
The "S" on the map in the thin alleyway is roughly where you think Shakou is. not a secret door!
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 4.jpg
    Magisters House 4.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 51

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"Annika, where is Shakou? Is she still spirit ridden?" Ape asks the fire sorceress.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
It's with visible relief that Annika turns and sees the others joining her. She points at the corner of the house and calls, "She went that way! And yes! Do you have any spells to force it out of her? I think I can hurt the spirit once it's out, but I don't know how to get it out without hurting her!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases