Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Well...," says the Vashti, "not a plan exactly, but I know a sutra for calming emotions. It may not get the spirit out of Shakou, but it will hopefully stop her from hurting anyone else. But I'll need to get close to her to use it."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let's get going then. Lead the way Annika."

As the party starts to move again Mystal speaks, after checking there are no unwanted listeners, revealing what he already told Vashti
"I detected subtle signs that Magister himself is possessed or ensorcelled somehow to go against his better judgment. Whoever is pulling the strings is still careful to maintain the appearances. I fear Magister and his staff are in dire peril. We may need to move fast and determined after this chase."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Squeezing down the gap between the house and the garden wall, the Vashti mutters the words to a spell. There is a scream from the other end of the narrow alley, and you hasten through into another part of the garden. A guard lies in a pool of blood, his armour ripped open. With a snarl, Shakou-tiger leaps down from the wall into the midst oft he group, one of her claws opening a long scratch on Mystal as he dodges aside from what would have otherwise been a full assault by the great cat.

[sblock=OOC]
Lucky escape for Mystal (or perhaps wise play on Neurotic's part for creating a good flat-footed AC).

Four out of five attacks miss, just one claw on Mystal for a total of 10 damage.

Initiative
Shakou - just been
Mystal
Annika
Growling Ape
The Vashti
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 5.jpg
    Magisters House 5.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 46

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: No, all her belongings (such as they are), fell off when she transformed. My assumption was that the Vashti picked them up, but I forgot to mention that.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"She is now close!" Ape says as he invokes his healing gifts over his smal companion.

[sblock=ooc]

Casting lesser vigor on Mystal.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, this wasn't very nice of you. Shakou! Snap out of it!"

"Everyone, stay back, I'll hold her for the moment. Vashti, use your sutra!"

OOC: hit her with stone bones (+10 vs AC; 1d4+3/18-20 damage), Mystal gets DR 5/-for this and next round

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal lunges and draws blood from Shakou's flank. The Vashti begins chanting a droning mantra, her hands held open before her. You all feel calmer, the rush of the chase and battle seems blunted somehow.

Shakou stops snarling at Mystal, and steps back, the tiger's chest moving slowly as her breathing slows, as the Vashti slows her mantra and finishes it in a whisper.

"Don't hurt her," she says. "Her rage has been calmed. Now all we need to do is... um..." She looks between her companions, a slightly embarressed look on her face. "Any ideas?"

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal rapier attack 11+10=21, hit for 1d4+3=5 points.

Vashti: use calm emotions. All are potentially affected, Will DC 14 to negate. Shakou failed (or was it the possessing spirit who failed? And does it make a difference? :devil:)
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"Bind her?" Ape offers calmly.

[sblock=ooc]

Ape has no rope listed under equipment. Also not sure how to bind a tigress.

Will save (1d20+7=9)

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"She might see that as an attack, and the spell would break," says the Vashti. She kneels to examine the guard that Shakou had just attacked, and shakes her head sadly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases