Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Shakou, please change back into your human form so we can talk. You know you can trust me, right? You're as safe as Vashti here."

Mystal recovers the maneuver in the round we're speaking.

Shayuri

First Post
Feeling helpless, Annika shuffles around behind Shakou without saying anything. Her spells simply didn't prepare her for trying to take someone alive. Fire was powerful, but not terribly precise in what it could do. Already she felt shame for having turned it on Shakou...even if her options were limited. She'd hoped the spirit would leave before her friend was too badly hurt.

"Wait a moment," she murmured. "Shakou isn't the enemy here. The spirit is. What drives spirits away?"

Drums, right? Or gongs? Loud noises? Could it be that simple?

Walking Dad

First Post
forgot to put a point in knowledge spirits as I did the conversion :(. Dr Simon, will you allow an untrained check if Ape uses his spirit advise ability? +2 with ability bonus.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The tiger gives a fierce grin in response to Mystal (can a tiger ever give any other kind of grin?). Her eyes flash briefly with a red fire.

"The mind of this creature has been soothed," she says, her voice sounding oddly echoing. "It is no use to me now." She glances behind her as two of the Magister's guards arrive to block the way out of the garden. Three more guards appear from doors around the courtyard, crossbows aimed not just at Shakou but, it would seem, the whole group.

"I have done enough for now," continues Shakou. "But perhaps I'll see you again." She gives a wierd, coughing laugh, and the red glow fades from her eyes. With a shake of her head she continues, in a more normal voice, "How did I get out here?"

"Nobody move," says one of the guards.

[sblock=Walking Dad]
No problem with check using spirit guide. Knowledge (spirits) as class skill ought to be one fo the domain abilities of the Spirit Domain.

There are various folk beliefs surrounding keeping unwanted spirits away, such as frog salt, paper lanterns, loud noises and so on. Expelling them, Ape knows, is a matter for magic more powerful than he currently knows - the likes of dismissal, forbiddance or dispel spirits (anything that would normally force something back to its home plane) would also work at exorcising a possessing spirit. Protection from... and magic circle against... will only help with stopping a spirit before it takes possession, not in getting rid of one that's already there.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 6.jpg
    Magisters House 6.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 47

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: She can pull up detect magic again - that only detected the spirit when it was outside a host, and Annika can't see it currently even with detect magic operative.

Shayuri

First Post
"It's gone," Annika says, glancing around. "The spirit has fled."

She started to move towards Shakou, but realized just beforehand that the guard had included them ALL in that instruction. She turned on the guard, eyes flashing angrily.

"You would shoot us? The spirit is GONE, I said. The danger is past, for now!"

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Still affected by the spell, Ape looks calmly and unmoving at the guards.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The guards falter a bit under the weight of Annika's words. Just then, the Magister emerges from the main building, accompanied by two more guards.

"Honoured Vashti," he says. "I am happy you have recovered. But didn't I warn you that this criminal would be trouble? And yet you insisted on taking her in for 'rehabilitation'"

"It's not her fault, she was possessed," replies the Vashti, momentarily sounding like a scolded child more than a revered priestess.

"Nevertheless, for your safety and hers I think she should be kept in more secure conditions, just to be sure. I would hate for anything further to happen to you, Honoured Vashti." To his guards he orders, "Remove the tiger and lock it up."

Guards approach with spears and crossbows and seperate Shakou from the group, herding her out of the compound.

"Shakou, I'm sorry!" calls the Vashti.

"Yeah, me too," replies the tigress.

"And now, Honoured Vashti, I think perhaps you and your guests should return to the narvinda. I will provide some guards to make sure that you are safe."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases