Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Oh, I fully intend to end this spirit shaman, but having Shakou free can help us. Or at least prevent her being used as a hostage to force us to do something we woudn't. We should agree in advance that her life is important, but ending this threat has priority. If we can protect her we will, but we will NOT give under threats to her life."

OOC: So, is [MENTION=83115]Theroc[/MENTION] leaving us, or this is just bad luck on saves department?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Theroc hasn't been on the boards since October, although I didn't fudge any rolls when Shakou was possessed. Having a spare character lying around was a useful opportunity, though!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika, Mystal and Ape change back into their adventuring gear and, for the rest of the night, whilst Cormondal parties, explore the underground cistern thoroughly.

The cistern has twelve pipes that lead to it, six from the north along the banks of the Leng, and six from the east along the banks of the Anhoi. These all start along the ghats of the riverfront, and are covered in gratings that have not been moved for years. The slope down to the cistern; the idea being that floodwaters from the rivers first flow into the cistern to absorb sudden changes in river level.

Of these twelve tunnels, three have been broken through at various places; these you have already explored - two lead into the cellars of the abandoned houses in town and one to the garden of the Magister. The two abandoned houses show no sign that anyone has been through them since you last checked.

There is an inspection access that leads to the Old Barracks in the east of town but, as before, there are old rusty gates hedl shut with an old rusty chain.

It looks like the two known surviving members of the paper lantern gang have not used any of these exits. They both jumped into the water to escape and, being undead, could have survived underwater indefinitely. Either they are still there, or there is an underwater exit.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"I'm not sure what to do next. I doubt it is wise to search for undead underwater." Ape says to the others.

[sblock=ooc]

No tracks in the abandoned houses?

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Can't you change into crocodile or something? Besides, all we really need is good evict spirit or break spell so we can free The Magister of outside influence. Let me look over his estate, then we can hit where needed or consider some other way."

OOC: if nobody objects Mystal will scout over the estate looking for anything suspicious. His Stealth is 17, has climbing speed and shadow jaunt power, so no open spaces and if possible no touching of the ground except at the start so dogs (ifthere are any) cannot follow.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"I'm Growling Ape, not 'Growling Crocodile'. Change yourself to a crocodile, if you think this as a task everyone can do. I'm just a spirit talker.

If you want to search the estate, be careful, please. We shouldn't loose another one of us."
Ape answers.

[sblock=ooc]

Ape is a variant druid. He has no wildshape ability.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: You told me! :D I would give you XP, but can't.

"Well, I'm no ape and yet I can climb like one. I'm also not a magician, yet I can make my hands burn and walk through shadows. And I've seen you throw lightning out of your hands. There is no saying what ELSE can you do. Don't get angry."

OOC2: I realize all humanoids are apes, especially Salsham'ai, it's just not something I believe Mystal would know :p

Shayuri

First Post
"Would you two stop bickering?" Annika asks, annoyed. "We're not here to find undead. We're here to find out where they may have gone. And we don't have to go underwater to see where the water's flowing..."

She takes a piece of parchment and folds it into a simple 'bowl' shape, then sets it on the surface of the water near where the two paper lantern gangers went under....hoping that the current might reveal the presence of an unseen exit.

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is a current, sluggish and almost impercetible, but the origami boat reveals it, flowing to the north-west of the cistern. Assuming the outflow goes straight, it would come out near ... the Magister's mansion.

Shayuri

First Post
Clearly pleased with herself, Annika nods after the little boat...which is already beginning to sink as the paper soaks up water.

"Lets try this way and see how far we get."

She sets off in that direction.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases