Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"We have to be careful. It is the same direction as the Magister's mansion!" Ape observes.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Following the current along the lowest walkway of the cistern, you soon find that the outflow is under the surface of the water. By the light of your (torch? sunrod? light spell?) you can make out a tunnel, about 4 ft diameter, that leads out just below the water's surface. It was once covered by grating, but this now hangs open.

Shayuri

First Post
"There," Annika whispers, excited. "That must be where they went!" Her face falls as she realizes what that means.

"We have to go underwater don't we? But...they're dead, what if the underwater part is too long for us to hold our breaths? We could drown down there!"

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Don't forget, Annika and Growling Ape have the mark of the River Spirits from Heartsflow, which can be used as a one-off water breathing spell. Mystal, however...
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let's try to see where it leads, I will go out of the grate at the end of this tunnel. If this empties somewhere under the house then we'll find a way in from above. I will scout the surface and see if there is a grating above. You two wait until I return, OK?"

OOC: Mystal doesn't know about the mark so he's suggesting to get out, enter the mansion area and look for the probable exit from here.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:5/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"That sounds like a very good idea, Mystal." Ape responds.

[sblock=ooc]
Would it be possible to use the light spell on a small floating object to check how far the underwater passage is? One should be able to see, if it goes up again.

Don't just yet want to 'waste' the mark.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"If you think you can make it," Annika says worriedly. The prospect of entering the water is visibly distressing to her. She keeps fingering her pouch where the spirit mark is.

"We have a spirit boon that will let us breathe, but that won't help you, Mystal..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
So, just to confirm, Mystal is going to try to find somewhere on the surface that ought to meet up with this end of the tunnel, is that right?

I've added a clarifying diagram for the end of the tunnel where you are. That's a side view, with the cistern walkway on the right. Also, I assume that each person knows roughly how long they can hold their breath so they could travel about half that distance and return safely, assuming that the tunnel is that long.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Grating figure.jpg
    Grating figure.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 47

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
That is correct. Mystal looks where could that be on the surface (if it comes up) And also, one can assume how long one can stay under, but if there is current it can be very tricky to return.

Dr Simon

Explorer
It is child's play for Mystal to enter the Magister's compound unobserved, and to slink silently across the rooftops in search of an exit from the underwater tunnels. There is, of course, the small summer house where the other exit (from the higher, dry tunnels) leads out, but he finds nothing likely to connect to the water-logged tunnel.

However, he doesn notice, by the waning moonlight, interesting ripples around the house where a veranda stands out over the water (an extension of the room where the party was earlier on). There appears to be another underwater tunnel, or perhaps the other end, opening under the house.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases