Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: There are guards on the tops of the walls to the magister's house, but the entrance is hidden by an overhanging balcony. Mystal could shadow jump from the main shore across to an area under the walkway without a problem. Anyone could approach underwater without likely being seen, as well. You would, otherwise, have to cross the water somehow to get there, and a boat might be spotted, especially as it is now just past dawn.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Then jump it is. From one hiding place to another. Carrying Annika in backpack if possible.

"Ape, you wait for few minutes and then return through the tunnel. I'll wait to see you emerge from the tunnel, stay still and don't make a sound. I'll try to get evil spirits arguing then we can jump them. Alright?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ape sets off swimming again whilst Mystal and Annika head for the ghats. With Annika in eagle form tucked safely into his rucksack, along with her meagre possessions and the little snake that accompanies her, Mystal focuses on the pilings beneath the Magister's balcony.

BAMF!

He reappears underneath the house, and is able to climb his way sideways down the passage into the chamber beneath. Meanwhile, Ape emerges from the underwater pipe across the other side of the cavern.

It is dark in here, lit only by the light coming in through the tunnel to the Leng River - the pokan creatures working over on the far shore almost 60 ft. away evidently do not need light to do so. Not far away from where Mystal enters is a shore, and a set of steps leading up.

[sblock=OOC]
The lighting is officially dim. Annika and Ape, as nai-nek-chai, have low-light vision but Mystal isn't so lucky. His range of vision is about 20 ft. from the entrance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 8.jpg
    Magisters House 8.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 52

Shayuri

First Post
Once Annika is free of the rucksack...looking ruffled and reproachful...she takes stock of the situation with sharp eagle eyes. It didn't look good. No easy way to stop an alarm from being raised. Once battle was joined, all it would take is one of them to go running up those steps...

But they didn't have a lot of choice about how to proceed. Whatever they were here to find was at the top of those stairs.

(OOC - When we switched to Pathfinder, Annika lost her familiar. :( Do those islands in the middle of the lake there have rocks or any kind of formations that would grant cover/concealment?)

Neurotic

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], Is it too dark for Mystal to see anything or it is just low light?

I'm thinking of stabbing one from hiding while the other goblin holds something sharp and hide again. Comedy ensues.

Oh, also, spend a round observing (to recover the maneuver, I may need it)

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], do you have silent spells? Could we attack that isolated one and try to drop it before doing anything else? Sleep maybe?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Various OOC stuff:

The "rocks" in the middle of the lake are actually pillars that reach all the way to the ceiling (about 15 ft. up), so they would provide cover to anyone behind them.

The light is dim, shading to almost non-existant at the back of the cave, but there is some, since daylight is shining through the entrance on the east. Consider it to be equivalent to torchlight centred on the opening, maybe equivalent to candlelight outside this region.

Edit: Added map with lighting effects.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 9.jpg
    Magisters House 9.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: Ouch.

"Wait here a moment." Mystal whispers to Annika and climbs over the wall toward the stairway, keeping in mind to be as slow and hidden as possible from the inside view.

He goes onto the stairwell to see what's there and maybe get some plausible reason to get the light down here.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal hand-over-hands over the roof of the tunnel to the other side, then sneaks around to the base of the stairs. They lead up to a landing of some kind, but this too is in darkness.

[sblock=OOC]
Having checked the map again, the islands aren't all solid rock. The darker patches are natural rock pillars that reach the ceiling, but the rest is a beach of shingle around the pillars.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases