Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Mystal waits for Annika, but shifts close to pokan /teleport and hide/, then ready action to attack when some light (from Annika's fire) comes this way.

Mystal teleports just above pokan and focusing his will stabs into little spirit feeling quite at home among the shadows. Just in case, sunrod is ready for activation.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], Mystal currently has fire resistance so feel free to risk some area damage (he has good ref save)

[sblock=Actions]
Stance: Flame's blessing
Shadow jaunt (roll stealth +17 to remain hidden) Stealth (1d20+17=31)
Move: Focused Attack (Lore 20)
Standard: Shadow Strike Technique (+9 vs AC (18-20/x2) 1d4-1+4 + Focused Attack damage) to hit 20 & 28 - if first one misses, roll for crit confirmation for second one, if it hits, apply 6 cold damage - APPLY WHATEVER DARKNESS PENALTIES ARE

Martial Lore; Attack 1; Attack 2; Damage; Cold damage (1d20+10=20, 1d20+9=20, 1d20+9=28, 1d4+3=4, 1d6=6)
Extra damage from focused attack (2d6=6)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I've been thinking about the elemental ray effect, and I reckon it could be used in either form. Adds a more phoenix-y dimension to things.

Shayuri

First Post
When Mystal vanishes from her sight, Annika launches herself into the air, flapping only a couple of times and then gliding silently towards the long Pokan to the east. Of course, her attempt at stealth doesn't last long. As she gets close, flames leak out from the feathers of her wings, outlining her shape in the darkness of the cavern...then roar out in a seething torrent to bathe the creature below!

(Roller notes! Stealth is actually +8, I forgot her Size bonus...so that's a 10. Elemental Ray is +1 hit and damage due to Point Blank Shot. That's noted under damage, but NOT under to hit. So 19 to hit, ranged touch.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika swoops down on the pokan and blasts him with fire. The twisted little creature is burned but not out of the fight. Just as it is reaching for an arrow to nock its bow, Mystal appears from the shadows and runs it through.

This display, however, is enough to alert its compatriots further across the cavern. Two of them send arrows at Annika. She jinks to avoid one but gets caught by the other. Although the wound is not too serious, she begins to feel a shiver of fear run through her.

[sblock=OOC]
Annika's ray hits, but the damage is not enough to kill the pokan.

I'm counting that as a surprise round for Annika, after the we start round 1.

Mystal hits, and causes enough damge to finish off the pokan.

Pokan Archers - one hits Annika for 5 damage plus poison. Annika Fort save 5+5=10, fail. Annika is shaken.

Next in initiative order:

Annika
Pokan Bilemaster
Growling Ape

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 11.jpg
    Magisters House 11.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 57

Shayuri

First Post
With a raptor's cry, Annika dives behind the rocky outcropping for cover and lands on the slightly damp stone floor. There's a twisting mass of feathers then, and she reforms in her human appearance...albeit with no time to put anything on beyond the poncho-like cloak.

(Actions - Move: Land behind the curve of the wall for cover from the archers. Standard - Change form.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The pokan nearest to Shakou looks up from his work, uttering words of magic and pulling a flask from his belt pouch.

OOC: Growling Ape up next, then Mystal begins next round.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape starts to throw the summoned 'baby' lightnings at the eveil spirits. He prefers a taget without cover and not engaged in melee combat..

[sblock=ooc]

Standard: Throw lighning (3 remaining)

+7 vs Touch AC; 1d6+4 damage

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The crackling arc of lightning flies across the cavern, briefly illuminating its route. It hits the pokan that just readied a flask, and the little creature makes a strange guttural sound that mixes pain and anger.

[sblock=OOC]
Ape produce lightning 18+7=25 touch attack, hits for 1d6+4 = 8 damage vs. bilemaster.

Next,
Mystal
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal takes a running start and jumps over part of the water ending close to the pokan. "Hey, morons, can't you do anything right!? Let me illuminate you!" he taunts and lights a sunrod illuminating the cave with alchemical brilliance.

He readies his weapon and thoughts for deadly defense.

OOC: Move left square, then down left to partial square and jump ten feet (Acrobatics +11) then move down one more squares due to Extreme Leap skill trick ending four squares down and one left from his current position

On melee attack use the counter Fiery Riposte

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Uba chaka," says one of the pokan as it steps back and lets fly an arrow at Mystal who ducks it as part of his agile landing. The other pokan archer fires at Mystal from behind a pillar of rock. His arrow hits slices across Mystal's neck, narrowly missing critical veins. However, the salsham'ai feels a burning sensation in his eyes, and then his vision blacks out entirely!

[sblock=OOC]
Pokan #2 arrow at Mystal, miss.

Pokan #3 arrow at Mystal, hits with critical threat, not critical. Damage = 6 plus poison. Mystal save 4+2 =6 , fail. Mystal is now blinded.

Next, Annika (who is currently shaken)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Magisters House 12.jpg
    Magisters House 12.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 52

Remove ads