Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal launches an attack forward following the sound of the crossbow and lightning strike (or dodging of the same).

OOC: Use stone bones manuver to gain some protection
Rapier +9 (+3 BAB +4 DEX +1 weapon focus +1 MW weapon); 1d4 -1 piercing; 18-20/x2

Shayuri

First Post
Annika switches tactics as others draw nearer the last creature. Her hands trace flaming diagrams in the air, and spirit feathers erupt from her fiery aura to streak unerringly at the last pokan!

(OOC - Magic Missile, just to remove that sense of uncertainty. :) 2d4+2 damage)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lightning strikes the last pokan and it lets out an unearthly shriek and drops its bow. Homing in one the sound, Mystal thrusts with his rapier. The strike hits home, but there is little power behind it. In response, the pokan draws a heavy curved knife and counterattacks Mystal, but the blade bounces off the salsham'ai unnaturally tough skin.

Finally, Annika's flaming arrows streak over Mystal's head and into the netherworld spirt, and it drops dead.

Now the cavern is silent except for the sounds of lapping water. Annika and Mystal shake off the effects of the poisons. Shakou still lies unconscious amidst the strange alchemical apparatus.

[sblock=OOC]
Ape - lighting attack 16+7=24, touch hit for 1d6+4=6 damage.

Mystal - rapier attack 5+9=14, hit (miss chance =69) for 1d4-1=1 damage.

Pokan - drop bow, draw kukri, attack Mystal, hit, causes 1 damage which is absorbed by DR.

Annika - magic missile 2d4+2=8 damage.

Last pokan is dead.

Annika Fort save 16+3=19, save vs. poison. No longer shaken.
Mystal Fort save 14+2=16, save vs. poison. No longer blinded.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Ah, that's better. I can see again. Shakou. Shakou!"

Mystal puts his hands on her and focuses his mind, pushing his life force into her.

OOC: Healing Hands (if she's dying she heals 1d6 hp and stabilizes)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shakou seems relatively uninjured; the damage is mostly scrapes and bruises from when she was captured. She is strapped to the bench by three large leather straps, and seems to be asleep. She twitches as if dreaming, and it doesn't seem like they are good dreams.

The alchemical apparatus is not directly attached to her. A cluster of tubes with strange feathery ends hangs over her head, and these lead through a series of glassware and rubber tubes and pouches that pulsate as if they were alive, eventually depositing a slow drip of blue liquid into a small glass vial. So far about a thimble-full has been collected.

Neurotic

OOC: Changing the description based on the above.

Mystal carefully removes tubes above her head, very slowly at first wary of her reaction, then faster if it appears safe. He takes the vial after draining the apparatus (if there is obvious way to do so) or just takes it and stoppers it.

"Evidence." he comments.

Shayuri

First Post
"What are they doing to her?" Annika asks as she comes over, having hastily dressed again off in the darker corner of the cavern.

She eyes the vial distrustfully. "What is that?"

(Detect magic!)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Oddly, nothing about the liquid or the apparatus registers as magical. Annika notes, however, that the dark blue liquid in the vial looks the same as the dark blue liquid that coated the arrow-head that hit her and induced the sudden fear. She also recalls that the pokan are said to distill the nightmares of intelligent beings to brew a poison that causes terror.

Shakou opens her eyes with a start. For a moment she stares blankly at the faces of Annika and Mystal looking over her. Then she smiles.

"Hi," she says. "Where am I?"

[sblock=OOC]
Annika - Perception 16+1=17, Knowledge (arcana) 17+4=21
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Shakou!" Annika exclaims happily. "You're all right!"

With a quick glance around, she answers, "Well, we're...underground somewhere. Some evil spirits were using your nightmares to make something..." She squints at the vial again, then says, "I think it's the poison they use on their arrows."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"We are below the magistrate's estate. We found you following a lead from the undead we fought in the sewers. I'm glad our destinies connected again."

Ape adds.

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Remove ads