Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Shayuri

First Post
(Argh!)

On seeing the evil spirit a pale flame-like aura appears around Annika, and her fingers smolder and spark as she weaves them in a complex gesture and speaks the siblant tongue of spirits to call on her magic. A ghostly mantle of flaming feathers settles around her shoulders, and a pair of feathers fly out from it. Though the spirit is ephemeral, the feathers seem to strike it with the same force they strike material objects...perhaps being spirit themselves, they can touch such things.

As it approaches Annika to retaliate she backs up and sends another wave of the strange magic missiles wafting its way!

(Magic Missile, 1st rnd: 8 dmg)
(Magic Missile, this rnd: 9 dmg)
Roll Lookup

(sorry for being a flake!)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
NP, Shayuri.

Mystal observes the spirit of shadow thinking whether to attack and reveal himself and whether his powers can affect such being.

OOC: since I don't see 2 and 3 being close, DrSimon would you rule that shadow strike or sapphire nightmare blade can affect the spirit? One produces second shadowy blade which gives him second roll to hit and cold damage if both hit; nightmare blade(s) are mental discipline and have damage equal to concentration roll. Fluff describes it as mental attack, but it's weapon power. I can live with miss chance, I'd just like to know whether concentration applies (including Focused Attack)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I don't have BO9S handy at the moment to review the powers but, if it's explicitly stated to be a Force effect or one that can affect incorporeal creatures then, yes, otherwise it will be subject to the usual miss chance. up to you unless you want to wait until tomorrow when I can check in more detail.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=DrSimon]
Doesn't say anything but being supernatural ability. Therefore:
use shadow strike technique - it creates shadowy double of the weapon and both weapons attack. Roll d20 twice: if any one hits, attack hits; if both hit attack deals extra 1d6 cold damage (irrelevant to undead); point of this is to have TWO miss chance rolls on double hit :)
[/sblock]

Mystal focuses his will and punishes the spirit by piercing it's ephemeral form from above. From the shadows appears another blade just like his and it attacks the monster too. Immediately after the attack Mystal moves behind the pilar so he's hidden once again.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal swings across from the level above and stabs at the dark spirit with his rapier. A twin blade of white energy slides into the creature's substance at the same time. It recoils slightly, then again as Annika's celestial fire burns away some of its darkness.

Gold moves up beside Mystal and utters a word of power that reverberates around the columns. One of the men approaching from the right clutches his head and staggers behind a pillar.

Meanwhile, shadowy figures to the left flit between the pillars, approaching ever closer.

[sblock=OOC]
I've had a look at the combat maneuvres now. Shadow Blade is an odd one - will work as I've done it here, I think. If both hit you get an extra 1d6 cold, if one hits you get just the weapon damage, I think it's reasonable to roll a miss chance for both attacks if both hit. Note that not all undead are immune to cold.... As for sapphire nightmare blade, that modifies damage but not attack; it's not dissimilar to Focussed Strike, and I'd rule that you can't combine the two: either you concentrate on the sapphire nightmare blade maneuvre or on focussing, you can't combine both same as you can't cast moret han one spell at once (usually).

As for whether the extra damage from either sapphire nightmare blade or Focussed Strike would affect an undead, I'm going to say that it does. It's not precision damage (ie sneak attack) as such, more putting your own energy into to attack.

Anyway, rolls for the above:

Mystal attack 1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=14. Damage 1d4-1=1 plus 1d6=6 cold.

Second MM from Annika subject to AoO, Concentration check 10+7=17, success.
(Note that Concentration has been fiddled with a lot in PF. Its now caster level plus ability bonus, and the DC is 15 plus twice the spell level). Took me a while to look all that up!

Gold moves and does a mind blast at #2. 1d10=2 damage, fails to save.

4,5 and 6 move closer.

Next up:
Ape
Dark Spirit
[sblock]

Attachments

• Cistern4.jpg
    Cistern4.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 74

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:3/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape concentrates and moves his summoned lighning ball.

[sblock=ooc]
move: moving Ball lightning (Ref 15 for half damage, 3d6 electricity) to hit enemies 4, 6 and 5 if possible, I have problems counting the squares on the map.
standard: delay for attack, if enemy enters adjacent square.

Ball lightning Rounds: 3/4.
cast spells: light, shilleagh.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper