Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
The thug approaching from the east of Gold throws a small vial at him. Although it bounces back off his psychic shield, the vial bursts at his feet with a puff of dark smoke. Gold clutches at his head and whilst he is incapacitated the two to his north rush him with clubs. Both hit, but while one is blocked by his psychic shield, the other lands a solid blow to Gold's shoulder.

Ape brings his lightning ball up behind the thug who threw the vial,. He turns to notice it at the last moment, tries to sidestep but is caught by a lance of crackling energy. With a faint cry he collapses to the floor.

The dark spirit ignores Annika, turning to reach out an ethereal arm at Mystal. The salsham'ai feels a chill to the marrow of his bones as the dark energy feeds on his life force. Then, silently, the creature drops down through the walkway.

The leader darts from pillar to pillar, making his way past the melee surrounding Gold, to a position north of Ape. The remaining two thugs, to the east, hold position behind their respective pillars.

[sblock=OOC]
Correction to earlier post - I guess Annika taking a step back is a 5ft. step, thus no AoO from the dark spirit (though it missed anyway).

#4 thrown touch attack vs. Gold, hits. Fort save from Gold 6+3=9, fail.
#5 charge Gold, miss.
#6 charge Gold, hit for 5 damage.

Ape move lighting ball against #4 for 3d6=8 damage. Makes Reflex save but still enough to put him down.

Dark Spirit touch attack vs. Mystal, makes it for 3 damage. Fort save by Mystal 11+2=13, fails. Mystal suffers 1 Con drain (which also costs him 5 points of Health - the Con loss and 4x+1 bonus). Spirit then takes 5 ft. step straight down.

#1 double move.
#2,#3, no move. Ready action?

Round again:
Mystal
Gold
Annika
#5, #6
Ape
Dark Spirit
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cistern5.jpg
    Cistern5.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Map?
Hit the spirit with Fire Riposte (melee touch attack, 4d6 fire damage)

Swordsage recoils and in his former position stays fiery double for barest of moments as it reaches into the spirit and then fades away.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The fiery sword plunges into the insubstantial body of the dark spirit and burns it away. With a wail, the creature shreds into tatters as it drifts through the floor.

[sblock=OOC]
My campaign notes are in different place to my graphics program. Map updated (and I've had to change some actions slightly too).

Melee touch attack 10+9=19, hit for 4d6=17 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Annika gives the swordsman a grateful look, then advances resolutely to the east. Flame twines around her arms as she lifts a hand, then spews out in a narrow torrent towards one of the more mortal guardians of this place... However the stream of flame is hard to control; it pushes back at her, forcing her to hold onto her own arm as the recoil tries to shove it off target. As a result, the firey lance scorches the floor and walls, but fails to connect with the true enemy, much to Annika's chagrin!

(Moving to 30' of #2 and using Elemental Ray. Horrifyingly, I rolled a 3 to hit, so it's a clean miss, even for a touch attack. I'm telling you, Invisible Castle just seems to skew low. :p (^_^))

Roll Lookup

Neurotic

Mystal steps toward the melee, his small form sliding over uneven stone as he focuses his concentration upon single precise strike. Preternatural concentration it seems, as his blade flashes with sapphire color toward the thug.

[sblock=Actions] move in melee adjacent to #5 (who's B?), attack with Sapphire Nightmare Blade:
concentration: +10
attack: +9 1d4-1/18-20

1st: concentration check versus #5 AC. If succeeded, attack deals extra 1d6 damage and the target is flat footed. If it is NOT successful, attack suffers -2 to hit and deals normal damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maneuvers]
Readied Maneuvers:
Shadow Jaunt
Shadow Strike Technique
Fire reposte
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Stone bones
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
"B" on the map is Brother Gold (remember him?). Couldn't use "G" as I'm already using that for Growling Ape, although guess I could have used G and A.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

A is Annika. I surmised as much for the letters and acted accordingly, just wanted to check so I don't put myself between bad guys.

I edited readied maneuvers to reflect the fact I used Sapphire Blade.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mystal and Brother Gold swap places, the salsham'ai stepping forwards as the yana mystic steps back. Mystal focuses on his foe and his rapier darts forwards in a single precise strike, but the damage is little more than a pin prick.

Gold raises his hand and a spray of crystal shards shoots forth, lacerating the two men before him and they fall back onto the walkway, bleeding from a thousand cuts.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal Mar Concentration 16+10=26, success. Attack 14+9=23, success vs #5. Damage 1d4-1+1d6= ... 1

Brother Gold uses swarm of crystals on #4 and #4, 3d4 damage =7.

#4,#5 and #6 are all down.

Ape: delaying, is up next.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases