Romance of the River Kingdoms II

ahayford

First Post
Glip jumps off the boat into the cool waters of the river and helps to drag it ashore. Glip had spent most of his life underneath the water...Riding on the land walkers' boat had been a fascinating experience. By himself, Glip could have swam the distance in half the time. But, the lazy pace of the trip had given him a chance to rest and recuperate from the fight with the slime creatures.

Once ashore, Glip tested the security of newly purchased equipment. The small clay pots of alchemists fire looked deceivingly benign packed in the straw filled box he purchased from the village alchemist. If they ran into more of the creatures that attacked the village, he would be better prepared to deal with them.

His pack secure, Glip shoulders his shield and joins the group, leaning on his spear like a walking staff. Glip surveys the damage to the campsite, trying to figure out what happened to the lost miners.

<pop> Your people dig in the earth for metal...Perhaps she did not want to give it up so easily?

[sblock=ooc]Glip Searches for any sign of what might have happened here[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape looks around, kneeling speaks a prayer and rubs some dirt between his fingers. "I will try to let the place speak to me...".

[sblock=ooc]
casting guidance and making perception and survival (tracking) checks to search the place. Also activating Spirit advise domain power to add a +2 bonus to survival.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Wow, Survival 35 would track a fly (DC +8) across stony ground (base DC 20) on a moonless night (DC +6)! I'd better think of something useful to tell you with that score.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Chaarr leaps agilely from the boat, bowing deeply with respect to Grandfather Wen for his aid and for the poling lesson. He shoulders his pack and makes his way with hurried steps to the others.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glip surveys the camp. It is a mess, but it doesn't look like violence has taken place here; more the mess left by scavengin animals and weather. It looks to have been abandoned for several weeks at least. The stony ground is covered by patchy moss that is brown and dead in places.

The spirits speak to Ape, guiding his attention to minute signs, tiny disturbances in the natural world that help him piece together a picture. He notes, first of all, that the body of the creature he helped destroy before has gone; in its place a patch of dead moss and clean stones. There are more patches like this across the camp, some leading between the river bank and the mining levels at the back. Smaller patches seem to lead towards the mines and a few larger ones lead away.

There are three levels that lead up to mine entrances, a lower, middle and upper terrace. Each hase two mine openings. The majority of traffic leads to the second (further) of the middle level. It looks like no new tracks have been made for several weeks.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

"I will try to let the place speak to me...".
Ape says criptically before showing the missing patches of moss and the blank stone: "This is what remains of an ooze." He says as he moves and points at each of him, somehow also able to determine the direction the things took. He ends at the mine entrances: "This one was used more often... but all happened several weeks ago..."

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
Glip points at the track leading away from the campsite.
Perhaps that was left by the one that attacked the village? Are these beasts intelligent? <screep> Or just hungry?

Glip looks to the caves.

We should investigate the mines. <pop> If the miners disturbed a nest of some kind, they will be a threat to the Vashti's people up and down the river.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Last time Ape and Annika and the old party were here they picked up a logbook, which they took back to the Vashti. I think we can assume that this was shown to the newer members. Link here

Shayuri

First Post
"We don't know much about them," Annika admits, a little sheepishly. "But the one that attacked Cormondal didn't seem very intelligent. Even when it became clear it was overmatched, it never tried to save itself."

She nods at Ape. "Lets explore in there first then," she suggests, pointing at the middle entrance.

Remove ads