Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Shayuri

First Post
Ghostly flames and spring up around Annika's shoulders as she casts a protective spell, and the air above her shimmers with heat haze. (Shield)

"If there's still anything sane in you, if despair over what's happened to you is driving you to this, then we know healers who might be able to help you," she says. "But whether by your choice, or force, this infection will end. Now."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal decides he doesn't want to be on the receiving end of fireball or acidball or whatever the mages will sling around. He creeps over the wall on the right closer to the mage while Annika keeps him talking.

OOC: if needed stealth is +18, climb +11. Target is to come within 50' of the mage, teleport behind him and hit him with Stone Bones (so I get some DR)

Current stance is Flame's Blessing, but will change to Giant killing stance before the attack

Readied maneuvers:
Shadow Jaunt
Shadow Strike Technique
Fire reposte
Cloak of Deception
Stone bones
Mind over body

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
Glip takes Annika's words as a signal and dives into the water, his spear and shield arranged before him to help cut through the water. He expected to feel relief at being submerged in the life waters after so long, but the water smelled corrupt and burned his flesh. He made for the creatures island with haste, trying to cut through the foul pool as quickly as possible

Dr Simon

Explorer
The hooded slime creature merely hisses in response and calls up an arcane shield of its own - a shimmering green light. As Glip dives into the lake and cuts through the cold waters, the waterborne oozes begin to slide towards him but they lack the Ti-Kop's speed. The little flying creature hovering near the slime-mage takes flight and wings across the centre of the cavern.

Meanwhile, Mystal makes his way along the cavern wall, out of range of Annika's lights. Annika, Chaar and Ape stand ready on their little outcropping whilst at the foot of the spoil heap below them the ooze-men creep forwards.

[sblock=OOC]

Initiative order

Mystal
Annika
Ape
Chaar
Glip
The Bad Guys

Everyone has already done a round of preperations except for Ape, so @walkingdad you can add a round of prep if you like.

Note that #6 is the small imp-like thing and is in the air. Oozes #2 and #3 and Glip are all in the water and Mystal is on the wall, I would guess on a level with the rest of the PCs, about 10 ft from the cavern floor.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 1.jpg
    Cavern 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 63

Neurotic

Mystal goes on toward the mage, trusting Ape and Chaar to hold off ooze men for a while.

OOC: double move on the wall toward the mage.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Neurotic]
If Mystal moves at his base climb speed (10 ft.) it will take him 3 rounds of double moves before he is in position to Shadow Jaunt behind the spellcaster. He can climb at an accelerated rate and still Take10 (being salsham'ai), and still have a high enough score to beat the DC of the wall, in which case he can double move up to 40 ft. along the wall. This might compromise his Stealth, however, although his skill in that is pretty high. Let me know if you want to risk it, otherwise I'll automatically continue to move him each round until he is within range, or something else happens.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Risk it, of course. I mean, even if they see me, it will be some time before they can do anything about it. And I can re-hide after teleport. Mystal has fire resistance in case of fireballs, problem being potential acid attacks by the wizard :)

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
Glip glides through the water then emerges, inches from his target. He prepares himself, ready to try and disarm the mage and prevent him from engaging Glip's allies.

[sblock=ooc]Double move[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 51/51, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:3/5, 2:4/4, 3:2/3)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

OOC: Changing to baboon form if he isn't already in it. His lightning spells proofed inefficient, so he is going to summon a fire elemental

[sblock=ooc]

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 5, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Faerie Fire, Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Animal Aspect, Ball Lightning
3/Day Level3: Summon Nature's Ally III, Magic Circle vs Spirits

CLW Wand: 50 charges.

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +11
[/sblock]

Remove ads