Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, #5 is a slime-man. The full oozes are represented as green blobs, #1 is the hooded slime-wizard holding the staff, #6 is the little demon thing, all other numbers are ooze-men.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Chaarr thinks quickly, and pulls his wand from its sheath at his waist. As he places his hands on the sheath, he finds that the simple slip with which he tied it closed has been re-worked; he curses roundly as he struggles with the tie and finally manages to draw forth the wand . . .

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: None
  • Standard: Draw Wand of Burning Hands
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Flame arcs up from Annika's arms and shoulders as she incants again, and launches an arrow of fire at the mage, that bursts into some kind of sticky burning fluid on contact, threatening to cover him in it!

(Acid Arrow, modified to use the Fire element by bloodline arcana! Hit roll is ranged touch)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika's arrow of fire streaks across the cavern and hits the mage. He staggers back (or rather, slithers...) but rallies against the pain and answers with a spell of his own; a yellow-green ball of caustic vapour that bursts amidts the group on the ledge. Annika spots the spell coming but is not quite fast enough to react. Ape, slightly to the rear, is also too slow but Chaar manages to duck behind a small rock and avoids most of the explosive burst of acid.

Following up this attack, the small imp-like creature flies in close and breathes a cloud of rust-coloured particles on the group. Annika and Chaar are caught in the cloud but the defensive measures that they already took against the acid-ball continue to protect them from this breath weapon and they take minimal damage. Ape is out of range.

At the base of the outcrop, the ooze creatures, man-shaped and blob-shaped, seep closer and begin to roll up the boulder field. The two in the water drift closer towards Glip.

Meanwhile, Mystal moves quickly and un-noticed along the cavern wall, and he reckons he is now within range to shadow jump. Glip reaches the base of the ooze-wizard's outcropping but he needs to get up there somehow.

[sblock=OOC]
Annika's acid (fire) arrow hits for 6 damage.

Ooze-wizard casts fire (acid) ball, causing 14 acid damage to Annika and Ape and only 7 to Chaar.

Imp-creature breathes rust-cloud, causing 1 damage to Annika and Chaar.
(Knowledge arcane or spirits DC 14 to recognise it).

Everything else is movement for now.

Mystal is within range for shadow jump.
Glip needs DC 13 Climb check to reach ledge, takes in one round.

Annika, Chaar and Ape have height advantage on the oozes and ooze-men below them.

Initiative
Mystal
Annika
Ape
Chaar
Glip
Oozes
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 2.jpg
    Cavern 2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 69

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Mystal pulls through shadows behind the mage readying his most lethal attack, focusing his mental energies for decisive strike.

OOC: Standard action: Shadow jaunt on the wall, preferably within attack distance of the mage also preferably NOT touching the floor if possible (above on the wall, ceiling whatever); Move action: stealth again...Next round: Move action Focused attack; Standard: Stone bones...

Shayuri

First Post
Angry and hurt, Annika draws back and produces one of the thin scrolls she has in her pouch; a thin thing bound in a silk ribbon and inscribed with prayers and sutras to the spirits of the world. With a single yank, she unfurls it and reads the strange, half-seen characters from the page. Each one fades as it is invoked...but the effect is immediate.

Swirling mists descend around Annika, then suddenly enter her as she inhales through nose and mouth. Now protected, she looks more confident facing this foe.

(5' step back, and using Scroll of Resist Energy for protection against Acid.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Annika]
The creature is a rust mephit, a minor spirit with the ability to rust metals with a touch. They are not natural to the mortal realm, but more often summoned by magicians, sometimes serving as familiars.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hee, sorry if you were waiting on me all this time. I figured I'd already posted my action. If you needed anything else from me just let me know.)

"Rust, eh?" Annika says, eying the little flying thing. She sniffs, sampling again its scent...a strange smell a little like metal and a little like blood. "Don't let this thing touch anything metal," she warns.

Remove ads