Romance of the River Kingdoms II

ahayford

First Post
Glip sizes up his opponent, grips the haft of his trident, and attempts to disarm the slime wizard.

[sblock=ooc]Disarming provokes an attack of opportunity from my opponent, but I am rolling ahead. Fook....1 :p[/sblock]

As Glip moves to engage the wizard, he loses his footing on the slick rocks. His trident goes wide, failing to disarm the wizard.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Glip manages to duck under the swinging fist of the slime man, and dodges the wizard's clumsy swing of its staff, but also fails to catch the staff in the tines of his trident.

[sblock=OOC]
AoO from Wizard (#1) and ooze man (#2), both miss.

To go:
Mystal
Annika

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 4.jpg
    Cavern 4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 64

Shayuri

First Post
Annika looks around and realizes she's boxed in rather neatly between the cliff, her allies, and the creatures. With a frustrated sigh, she grabs the edges of her outer robe and hurls it off...while at the same time she sprouts feathers and seems to fall over. In reality she doesn't fall over, she just shrinks, and her shape collapses from an upright human into a large, sleek bird. Similar to an eagle in size and build, with feathers ranging in color from bright flaming orange along her head, neck and the leading edges of her wings, to dull ruddy red along the trailing edges and down her back. A yellow crest on her head raises and falls...and she takes flight, leaving a small pile of clothes on the ground where she stood.

(OOC - Changing to bird, which is Su I think and doesn't invoke an AoO, and flying away which does invoke an AoO from 5. As I understand it, she can't cast spells in this shape, but can still use her Elemental Blast ability which is spell-like and does not require components of any kind. Her armor class is now 19, reflex save is +5, and her ranged to-hit is +7, plus any Point Blank Shot bonus she might get.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Annika-Phoenix takes to the air, and the rust mephit moves to engage, again breathing its stream of rusty particles over her, but she weaves out of the way of most of the stream.

Below, the ooze-man takes an ineffective swing at her, then turns its attention to the next nearest thing, Chaarr. Swinging first high, then low, it flails its pseudopod-arms uselessly.

The wizard steps back from Glip and aims a spell at Mystal, keeping an eye on the salsham'ai's probing attacks. The hilt of Mystal's rapier becomes coated with a slick slime. He maintains his grip... for now.

The wizard's ooze-man bodyguard steps into the gap, striking at Glip and landing an acidic slam to the ti-kop's body.

[sblock=OOC]
Oozeman 4, AoO vs. Annika, miss.
Oozeman 4, attack Chaarr, miss.

Mephit (6), breath weapon against Annika, 1 damage.

Oozeman 2, attack Glip, hits for 4 damage plus 7 acid damage.

Wizard (1), casts defensively (success, no AoO for Mystal), grease on Mystal's rapier. Mystal makes Reflex save.

Next up:

Mystal (must make Reflex DC 14 each round he tries to use rapier)
Annika
Ape
(Ape's Elemental)
Chaarr
Glip
Bad Guys
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cavern 5.jpg
    Cavern 5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 63

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Dr Simon, what if I fail the check?

In particular if that is grease spell and the rapier is lost, can I attack with my hands?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Bad luck, I rolled 20 for skill check, 2 for saving throw and 18 and 19 for attacks :(

One question: was initial save also reflex? I mean with +9, it should be easy to pass in two rolls (of course, lady Beshaba may have to say something about it) :) because, if it was fort, Mystal fails only on 1...with Mind over body power

Remove ads